I am 26 years old and after completing Graduation (Central University) and Post Graduation (from SIMC, Pune) in the field of Mass Communication (Journalism), I am working as Sports Journalist with a reputed Indian Daily News Paper (English). I have now over 3 years of experience of Writing(Print edition) as well as Audio & Video contents covering Cricket & Football. For skill enhancement and career growth, I want to pursue an advance course in the field of Sports Journalism and/or International Sports etc.
Please advise :-
(1)Considering the present scenario in UK, whether it will be good to leave the present employment and go for an advance course in the field of Sport Journalism from any UK / US based Sports Journalism College/University (due to English language content preference/limitation it will not be possible to go for college other than English language). I have already cleared IELTS (over 7 score).
(2)Is there any College/University offering advance courses in the field of Sports Journalism in India or any good option for having a distance learning course from any foreign University.
Thanks & Regards !.
First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. Pursuing an advanced course can be helpful for skill improvement and career progression, given your background and goals in the field of sports writing. Here are some ideas to think about in relation to your inquiries:
1. Taking an advanced Sports Journalism course in the US or the UK:
• Sports Journalism programs in the US and the UK are well-known for providing top-notch education and exposure to the industry.
• To get the most out of your education, you must be proficient in the English language, and since you have already passed the IELTS exam with a respectable/strong score, you have already met this need.
• Prior to selecting a choice, it's crucial to analyse the current situation in the UK, taking into account factors like visa requirements, the availability of courses, financial considerations, and future work chances after graduation.
• Examine the reputation, curriculum, faculty, connections to industry, and alumni network of several universities and colleges in the US and the UK that offer Sports Journalism programs. In light of your objectives and preferences, this will assist you in selecting the ideal solution.
• Consider the possible advantages of expanding your network, getting more international exposure, and having access to a wider variety of sports writing tools and experiences.
2. Advanced Sports Journalism courses offered in India or through distant learning options:
• There are many reputable institutions in India that provide sports journalism courses.
• Find out which of these institutions best suits your objectives by researching their programs, faculties, industry partnerships, and placement prospects.
• Studying via distance education at a foreign university is a further choice worth considering. Many institutions provide online sports journalism programs that let you advance your knowledge and abilities while keeping up with your existing job.
• When looking at distance learning choices, make sure the course is offered by a reputable and well-known school. Find universities with well-established sports journalism programs and a history of providing excellent education remotely.
The choice to quit your job and enrol in an advanced sports journalism program ultimately comes down to your unique situation, objectives, and priorities. Think carefully about the benefits and drawbacks of each decision, taking into account aspects like finances, job possibilities, personal obligations, and your general desire for developing your sports writing talents.
For more information, you can visit our website.