Ulhas

Ulhas Joshi  |266 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Fund Expert - Answered on Dec 14, 2023

With over 16 years of experience in the mutual fund industry, Ulhas Joshi has helped numerous clients choose the right funds and create wealth.
Prior to joining RankMF as CEO, he was vice president (sales) at IDBI Asset Management Ltd.
JOYDEEP Question by JOYDEEP on Nov 28, 2023Hindi

what can be best possible Mutual fund in Equity linked tax savings scheme with high returns. minimum 12 years investment.

Ans: Hello Joydeep and thanks for writing to me. It is difficult to predict the best performing fund. You can consider investing in a basket of 3 to 4 ELSS funds & rebalance periodically to ensure you are on the right track.

Sir, I am 78 yrs. I have my present investments in FD about 60 lacs fetching around 8% p.m. I need atleast 10- 12 % return to match my budget. What or which mutual fund and scheme , I need to pursue . Pls advise me , I will be thankful.
Ans: At 78, ensuring your investments provide a stable income is crucial. While FDs offer safety, they might not always provide the returns you desire, especially considering inflation and the need for higher returns to match your budgetary needs.

Considering your age and need for higher returns, you might want to consider Debt Mutual Funds or Balanced Advantage Funds. Debt Mutual Funds predominantly invest in fixed-income securities and can offer better returns than FDs with a moderate risk profile. On the other hand, Balanced Advantage Funds dynamically manage equity-debt mix based on market conditions, aiming for consistent returns.

However, Mutual Funds, even debt funds, come with some risk. They are subject to market fluctuations, and while they aim to provide better returns than FDs, they might not always guarantee fixed returns.

Given your situation, consulting with a Certified Financial Planner would be highly beneficial. They can assess your risk tolerance, financial needs, and recommend a suitable investment strategy tailored to your requirements.

Remember, while aiming for higher returns, it's also essential to maintain a balance between risk and returns, ensuring your investments align with your financial goals and peace of mind in retirement.

Kindly advise on following funds- 1sbi balanced advantage fund 2sbi equity hybrid fund 3Quant elss tax saver fund 4PGIM India elss tax saverfund
Ans: Here's an overview of the mentioned funds:

SBI Balanced Advantage Fund: This fund follows a dynamic asset allocation strategy, aiming to provide capital appreciation and income generation over the long term. It adjusts its equity and debt allocation based on market conditions, offering downside protection during market downturns. It's suitable for investors seeking a balanced approach to investing with lower volatility.
SBI Equity Hybrid Fund: As an equity-oriented hybrid fund, SBI Equity Hybrid Fund invests primarily in a mix of equity and debt securities to provide capital appreciation and income generation. It's suitable for investors with a moderate risk appetite looking for a blend of growth and stability in their investment portfolio.
Quant ELSS Tax Saver Fund: This fund falls under the ELSS (Equity Linked Savings Scheme) category, offering tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. Quant ELSS Tax Saver Fund primarily invests in equity and equity-related instruments with the potential for long-term capital appreciation. It's suitable for investors looking to save tax while participating in the potential growth of the equity market.
PGIM India ELSS Tax Saver Fund: Similar to Quant ELSS Tax Saver Fund, PGIM India ELSS Tax Saver Fund is an equity-linked savings scheme aiming to generate long-term capital appreciation while providing tax benefits. It invests predominantly in equity and equity-related securities across market capitalizations. It's suitable for investors seeking tax-saving opportunities with exposure to the equity market.
Before investing in any fund, it's essential to consider factors such as your investment goals, risk tolerance, investment horizon, and past performance of the fund. Additionally, consult with a Certified Financial Planner to ensure that the selected funds align with your overall financial plan and objectives. Keep in mind that past performance is not indicative of future results, and diversification is key to managing risk in your investment portfolio.

Which Mutual Fund is best to invest ? It must have tax savings benefit too.
Ans: Evaluating Tax-Saving Mutual Funds for Investment
As a Certified Financial Planner, I understand the importance of tax-saving investments in building long-term wealth while minimizing tax liabilities. Let's analyze the options available and identify the best tax-saving mutual fund for your investment needs.

Genuine Appreciation for Tax Planning
I appreciate your proactive approach to tax planning, which is crucial for optimizing your overall financial strategy and maximizing returns.

Understanding Tax-Saving Mutual Funds
Tax-saving mutual funds, also known as Equity Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS), offer dual benefits of tax savings under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act and the potential for long-term capital appreciation through equity investments.

Assessing Key Features
Benefits of ELSS Funds:
Tax Deduction: Investments in ELSS funds qualify for a deduction of up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs under Section 80C, reducing your taxable income.
Equity Exposure: ELSS funds invest predominantly in equities, offering the potential for higher returns compared to traditional tax-saving instruments like PPF or NSC.
Lock-in Period: ELSS funds have a lock-in period of three years, which encourages long-term investing while providing liquidity after the lock-in period expires.
Selecting the Best ELSS Fund
Criteria for Evaluation:
Track Record: Look for funds with a consistent track record of outperformance and stable returns over various market cycles.
Fund Manager Expertise: Assess the expertise and experience of the fund manager in managing equity portfolios effectively.
Expense Ratio: Consider funds with lower expense ratios to maximize returns net of expenses.
Conclusion and Recommendation
Based on the criteria mentioned above, I recommend considering ELSS funds offered by reputable fund houses with a proven track record of performance, experienced fund managers, and competitive expense ratios.

Hai sir I am mr kashyap of aged 30 I am having 10 lakhs please suggest me a better mutual fund for better return in crores
Ans: It's important to set clear financial goals. Understand your risk tolerance before investing. As a young investor, you can take higher risks for higher returns. Aim for a diversified portfolio to balance risk and return.

Actively managed funds offer better potential for higher returns. Professional fund managers select stocks based on research. This can outperform index funds, which just track the market. Actively managed funds are ideal for those seeking higher returns over the long term.

Importance of Diversification
Diversification spreads risk across different assets. Invest in a mix of equity, debt, and sector funds. This reduces the impact of any single investment's poor performance.

Regular funds come with the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). CFPs provide personalized advice and regular monitoring of your investments. This ensures your portfolio remains aligned with your goals. Regular funds often perform better due to professional guidance.

Recommended Fund Types
Equity Funds: Suitable for long-term growth. Invest in large, mid, and small-cap funds.

Debt Funds: Provide stability and lower risk. Ideal for short to medium-term goals.

Sector Funds: Focus on specific sectors like technology or healthcare. High risk but high potential returns.

Consider starting a SIP with your Rs. 10 lakhs. SIPs allow you to invest a fixed amount regularly. This reduces the risk of market volatility. It's a disciplined approach to wealth creation.

Monitoring and Rebalancing
Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio. This keeps your investments aligned with your goals. Rebalancing helps maintain the desired level of risk.

Seek advice from a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). They can provide tailored investment strategies. Professional guidance helps you achieve your financial goals efficiently.

Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1891 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Jul 24, 2024

Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1891 Answers  |Ask -

Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1891 Answers  |Ask -