Jinal

Jinal Mehta  |60 Answers  |Ask -

Jinal Mehta is a qualified certified financial professional certified by FPSB India. She has 10 years of experience in the field of personal finance.
She is the founder of Beyond Learning Finance, an authorised education provider for the CFP certification programme in India.
In addition, she manages a family office organisation, where she handles investment planning, tax planning, insurance planning and estate planning.
Jinal has a bachelor's degree in management studies. She also has a diploma in in financial management from NMIMS, Mumbai.
Melvin Question by Melvin on Jan 30, 2024Hindi

It's been 6 months that I have invested in quant small cap fund. So I want to invest 6000 rupees every month so where should I invest for better future?

Ans: You may contact any professional who can evaluate your risk return objectives and recommend you proper funds

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 25, 2024Hindi
Hello Sir I am 22 year old and I can invest around Rs3000 per month with better job opportunity and time period I can increase my investment amount, I want to know where I can invest my savings every month for better returns, I can invest for next 30-35 years regularly for sure. Kindly guide me where and how to invest .
Ans: That's a fantastic start! Thinking about long-term investments at your age is a smart decision. Here are some options for where you can invest your Rs.3000 per month, considering a 30-35 year investment horizon:

Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in Mutual Funds:

This is a popular option for regular investment with rupee-cost averaging. You invest a fixed amount each month, and the units are purchased based on the prevailing Net Asset Value (NAV).
Benefits:
Disciplined Investing: Encourages regular savings and avoids the need to time the market.
Rupee-Cost Averaging: Purchases more units when the NAV is low and fewer units when it's high, potentially balancing the overall cost per unit.
Long-Term Growth: Equity mutual funds have the potential for significant growth over the long term (typically 10+ years).
Investment Options:
Large-cap Funds: Invest in stocks of well-established companies with a proven track record.
Multi-cap Funds: Invest across companies of different market capitalizations (large, mid, and small).
Consider a mix of these based on your risk tolerance.
Here's how to get started with SIP in Mutual Funds:

Choose a SEBI-registered Mutual Fund Company (AMC): Research and compare different AMCs based on their performance and fund offerings.
Select a Suitable Mutual Fund Scheme: Consider your risk tolerance and investment goals.
Open an Investment Account: You can open an account with the AMC directly or through a broker/distributor.
Start your SIP: Set up a recurring transfer of Rs.3000 per month to your chosen SIP.
Additional Tips:

Increase Investment as Income Grows: As your income increases, consider raising your SIP amount to reach your financial goals faster.
Stay Invested for Long Term: Market fluctuations are normal. Don't panic and redeem your investments during downturns. A long-term horizon allows time for the market to recover and potentially generate good returns.
Review and Rebalance: Periodically review your portfolio performance (at least annually) and rebalance if needed to maintain your desired asset allocation.
Other Options to Consider:

Public Provident Fund (PPF): A government-backed scheme offering guaranteed returns and tax benefits. However, PPF has lower liquidity compared to mutual funds.
Employee Provident Fund (EPF): If you're salaried, your employer likely contributes to your EPF. This offers good long-term returns and tax benefits.
Remember:

I can't provide specific financial advice. Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) can be helpful, especially for a personalized investment plan considering your risk tolerance and goals.
Start with your research! Read about different investment options, mutual funds, and SIPs before making any decisions.
By starting early, investing regularly, and staying disciplined, you can build a significant corpus for your future over the next 30-35 years.
Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1651 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Apr 20, 2024