Mahesh

Mahesh Padmanabhan  |120 Answers  |Ask -

Tax Expert - Answered on May 03, 2023

Mahesh Padmanabhan has specialised in payroll, personal and corporate taxation for more than two and a half decades, enabling him to provide practical, realistic and correct advice to his clients.
He is a member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and has a degree in cost accounting from the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
Ashwini Question by Ashwini on Apr 10, 2023Translate

In the recent amendment the indexation benefit on debt funds was withdrawn. However it also mentioned something about funds where more than 35 per cent is invested in equity shares of the domestic companies. Can you please clarify whether indexation is still applicable on some categories of debt funds? If so which ones? Are multi asset allocation funds categorized as debt or equity for taxation purpose. Please guide

Ans: Hi Ashwini
Indexation benefits would not be available to any debt fund, which would also include Gold ETF, Fund of Funds, Conservative Hybrid Funds, Multi Asset funds where the equity exposure is less than 35%

Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Sep 04, 2020

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations