Sanjib

Sanjib Jha  | Answer  |Ask -

Insurance Expert - Answered on Jul 29, 2022

Srinivas Question by Srinivas on Jul 29, 2022Translate

4. JUST TOO MANY SERVICE ISSUES WITH STAR

Also, in totality, porting is not a value-added feature if existing benefits are able to be carried forward upon porting with new insurer.

Ans: It depends on the insurer to insurer. If you find any better plan from other insurers then porting a policy is a good decision. Benefits of porting the policy are as follows:

- Better Sum Insured Value

- Lowered Policy Premiums

- Get an insurer with a better Claim Settlement ratio

- Better service provider

- No Loss in previous policy benefit

Financial Planner - Answered on Jan 31, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 30, 2024Translate
Hi I have taken an insurance Policy : Click 2 Protect 3D policy. its a combi policy where Term Insurance is from HDFC Life and Health Insurance from ERGO (In first year it was Apollo Munich). Its been 5 years since I have been paying the premiums, every year the health premium increased. Recently I paid 60k as premium where initially it was 54k. here Term is around 18K odd, rest is for health. I feel I am being charged more for lesser benefits, the insurance covers my wife and two kids (9 years) and me. By God's Grace till date its no claim policy. The base cover is 4L and added benefits is 4L. I see , their counter parties offer more benefits for such an amount say 40K. i tried to shift to Star Health but portability denied saying it is not possible since it is combined policy. Here i want more cover or able to port to other service provider. What shall I do?
Ans: It's understandable that you're concerned about the increasing premiums and the perceived lack of benefits in your current insurance policy. Here are some steps you can consider:

• Review Your Policy Documents: Make sure to thoroughly review your insurance policy documents. Understand the terms and conditions, coverage details, and any clauses related to premium increases. It's essential to be aware of the specifics of your current policy before making any decisions.
• Compare Policies: Compare the benefits and premiums of your current policy with those offered by other insurance providers in the market. Look for policies that provide similar or better coverage at a more reasonable cost. Take into account the coverage for both term insurance and health insurance.
• Contact Your Current Provider: Reach out to HDFC Life and ERGO to discuss your concerns. Inquire about the reasons for the premium increase and whether there are any options to customise your policy to better suit your needs without compromising coverage. Sometimes, providers may have different plans or options that could better fit your requirements.
• Explore Portability Again: Since you mentioned that Star Health denied portability, consider reaching out to other insurance providers to explore portability options. Different providers may have different policies on porting combined policies, and it's worth checking with multiple companies.
• Seek Professional Advice: Consult with a financial advisor or insurance expert to get personalised advice based on your specific situation. They can help you understand the nuances of your policy, assess your needs, and guide you on the best course of action.
• Consider Separate Policies: If portability remains challenging, you may explore the option of having separate term insurance and health insurance policies from different providers. This way, you can tailor each policy to your specific needs and potentially save on costs.
• Stay Informed About Regulatory Changes: Keep yourself informed about any regulatory changes in the insurance industry that may impact your policy. Sometimes, regulatory changes can affect premium calculations or portability options.

Remember that making changes to insurance policies requires careful consideration, and it's crucial to ensure that you maintain adequate coverage for your family's needs. Always read the terms and conditions of any new policy thoroughly before making a decision. If needed, seek legal or financial advice to make an informed decision.

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 03, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Mar 03, 2024Translate
I'm contemplating a career change in my late 30s, earning Rs 14 lakhs annually. How can I navigate this transition while ensuring financial stability and working towards long-term goals such as retirement?
Ans: Transitioning to a new career in your late 30s while maintaining financial stability and planning for long-term goals like retirement requires careful consideration and planning. Here are some steps you can take to navigate this transition effectively:

1. Assess Your Skills and Interests: Reflect on your skills, interests, and values to identify potential new career paths that align with your strengths and passions. Consider seeking career counseling or taking career assessment tests to explore different options.

2. Research Potential Careers: Conduct thorough research on the industries and roles you're interested in pursuing. Look into job market demand, salary potential, and growth opportunities to ensure your chosen career path is financially viable.

3. Skill Development and Education: Determine if you need to acquire new skills or education to transition into your desired field. This could involve enrolling in courses, obtaining certifications, or pursuing higher education such as a degree or specialised training programme.

4. Financial Planning: Evaluate your current financial situation and create a budget to understand your income, expenses, and savings. Factor in any potential changes in income or expenses associated with your career transition. Consider setting aside an emergency fund to cover unexpected expenses.

5. Debt Management: If you have any outstanding debts, develop a plan to manage and pay them off efficiently. Prioritise high-interest debts like credit card debt while maintaining minimum payments on other loans.

6. Retirement Planning: Review your retirement savings accounts like the EPF, and assess whether you're on track to meet your long-term retirement goals. Consider consulting a financial advisor to develop a personalised retirement plan based on your age, income, risk tolerance, and retirement objectives.

7. Health Insurance and Benefits: Evaluate the health insurance and other benefits offered by your new employer, if applicable. Ensure you understand the coverage provided and any associated costs. If transitioning to self-employment or freelancing, research options for obtaining health insurance coverage independently.

8. Networking and Building Connections: Network with professionals in your desired industry to gain insights, advice, and potential job opportunities. Attend industry events, join professional associations, and leverage online networking platforms like LinkedIn to expand your network.

9. Side Hustle or Freelancing: Consider starting a side hustle or freelancing in your desired field while maintaining your current job. This can provide additional income, valuable experience, and a smoother transition into your new career.

10. Evaluate Risks and Rewards: Assess the risks and rewards associated with your career change, including potential income fluctuations, job stability, and work-life balance. Be prepared to adapt and make adjustments as needed throughout the transition process.

By following these steps and carefully planning your career transition, you can navigate the change while maintaining financial stability and working towards your long-term goals, including retirement.
Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |599 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Mar 03, 2024