Vivek

Vivek Lala  |251 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, MF Expert - Answered on Jun 16, 2024

Vivek Lala has been working as a tax planner since 2018. His expertise lies in making personalised tax budgets and tax forecasts for individuals. As a tax advisor, he takes pride in simplifying tax complications for his clients using simple, easy-to-understand language.

Have invested 20k each in Paragparik flexi cap fund and hdfc flexi cap direct plan how many years should i keep investing in these funds and how much returns can be expected Any other suggestions for investments will be helpfull

Ans: Hello, I am assuming that you have selected the funds on the past performance or the risk associated with the funds
Before selecting a fund, you should see if it can fulfill your goals in terms of the returns expectation and the duration for which you want to invest for
Both the funds are good if they fulfill your requirements , they are not satisfactory if your needs are different
For a duration of 7 years plus , you can select the following categories of funds for SIP :
Small cap 30%
Mid cap 30%
Multi cap 15%
Large and mid 15%
Thematic + foreign exposure 10%

Do write to me on my LinkedIn profile, attaching my profile :
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ca-vivek-lala-21a2038b?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=android_app

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 27, 2023Hindi
I have been investing 15k per month through 1. HDFC large and mid cap fund-Growth Regular 5k 2.Icici prudential dividend yield equity fund regular plan 5k. 3.HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund Regular 5k.Please advise if I should continue with the same. Investment time for 3 yrs
Ans: Your commitment to investing regularly is commendable. Let's review your current investment portfolio and provide guidance on whether you should continue with the same funds.

Current Portfolio Overview

You are currently investing Rs 15,000 per month in three mutual funds:

HDFC Large and Mid Cap Fund - Growth Regular: Rs 5,000
ICICI Prudential Dividend Yield Equity Fund Regular Plan: Rs 5,000
HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund Regular: Rs 5,000
Evaluating Existing Funds

HDFC Large and Mid Cap Fund:

This fund invests in both large-cap and mid-cap stocks, offering a balanced approach to growth. It provides diversification across market capitalizations.
Large and mid-cap funds can be volatile in the short term but have the potential to deliver strong returns over the long term.
Consider the fund's performance relative to its benchmark and peers to assess its suitability for your investment horizon.
ICICI Prudential Dividend Yield Equity Fund:

This fund aims to invest in dividend-paying stocks, focusing on companies with stable dividend yields.
Dividend yield funds can provide regular income, making them suitable for investors seeking income generation along with capital appreciation.
Evaluate the fund's performance and dividend payout history to ensure it aligns with your income requirements and investment goals.
HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund:

This fund follows a dynamic asset allocation strategy, adjusting equity and debt exposure based on market conditions.
Balanced advantage funds offer downside protection during market downturns while participating in equity market upside.
Review the fund's asset allocation approach and performance to determine its effectiveness in managing market volatility and delivering consistent returns.
Assessing Investment Timeframe

Given your investment timeframe of 3 years, it's crucial to consider the risk profile and potential volatility of the chosen funds. Equity-oriented funds like large and mid-cap funds and balanced advantage funds may be subject to market fluctuations, which could impact short-term returns.

Considerations for Continuing with the Same Funds

Risk Appetite:

Assess your risk tolerance and comfort level with market volatility. Equity funds, including large and mid-cap funds, carry higher risk but also offer the potential for higher returns over the long term.
Balanced advantage funds provide a more conservative approach by dynamically adjusting asset allocation, which may suit investors with a lower risk appetite.
Investment Goals:

Revisit your investment objectives and financial goals. Ensure that your chosen funds align with your goals, whether they are wealth accumulation, income generation, or capital preservation.
Performance Review:

Evaluate the historical performance of each fund, considering both short-term and long-term returns. Assess how the funds have performed during different market cycles and their ability to meet their investment objectives.
Guidance for the Future

Portfolio Review:

Regularly review your portfolio's performance and make adjustments as necessary. Consider rebalancing your asset allocation if your risk profile or investment goals change.
Diversification:

Assess the diversification of your portfolio across asset classes, sectors, and investment styles. Diversification can help manage risk and enhance overall portfolio stability.
Professional Advice:

Consider seeking guidance from a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to ensure your investment decisions align with your financial goals and risk tolerance. A CFP can provide personalized advice tailored to your specific circumstances.

Your current investment strategy reflects a diversified approach across different fund categories. To determine whether to continue with the same funds, assess your risk tolerance, investment goals, and the performance of the chosen funds. Regular portfolio review and professional advice can help you make informed decisions and stay on track to achieve your financial objectives.

I 40 years now and Just now i have invested lumpsum amount in following mutual funds- all are direct growth 1. Quant smalcap fund - Rs 300000 2. Quant midcap fund - Rs 300000 3. Nippon India muticap - Rs 200000 4. ICICI Pru bluechip fund - Rs 200000 5. Canara rabeco emerging eqt -Rs 50000 Just now started SIP in following funds. 1. Quant smalcap fund - Rs 4000 2. Quant midcap fund - Rs 4000 3. Quant Active fund - Rs 4000 4. ICICI Pru Debt & equity -Rs 4000 5. Parag perigkh flexicap - Rs4000 Is this funds are good for long run for a period of 10 years?. How much amount I can expect after 10 years. My goal is to Construct a own house after 10 years.
Ans: Congratulations on taking a significant step toward building your financial future by investing in mutual funds. At 40, you are making a smart move by planning for your long-term goal of constructing your own house. Your current investments and SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) choices reflect a well-thought-out strategy for wealth accumulation over the next 10 years. Let's evaluate and understand the potential of your investment portfolio in detail.

Understanding Your Lump Sum Investments
Diversification Across Market Capitalization
Your lump sum investments include a mix of small-cap, mid-cap, multicap, blue-chip, and emerging equity funds. This diversification helps in spreading risk and capturing growth across different market segments.

Small-Cap and Mid-Cap Funds: These funds have high growth potential but come with higher risk. Over a 10-year period, these funds can provide significant returns if the market conditions are favorable.
Multicap and Blue-Chip Funds: These funds invest across various market capitalizations, providing a balanced approach. Blue-chip funds, specifically, offer stability as they invest in well-established companies.
Emerging Equity Fund: Investing in emerging sectors can be beneficial as these sectors have the potential for substantial growth in the future.
Potential Growth and Risks
Investing Rs 3,00,000 each in small-cap and mid-cap funds shows a high-risk appetite, which can be rewarding over the long term. The Rs 2,00,000 investments in multicap and blue-chip funds provide a cushion against volatility, balancing the portfolio. The Rs 50,000 in the emerging equity fund is a strategic move to tap into new growth areas.

Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) Contributions
Regular Investment Discipline
Starting SIPs in multiple funds ensures a disciplined approach to investing, taking advantage of rupee cost averaging and compounding benefits.

Small-Cap and Mid-Cap Funds: Continuing SIPs of Rs 4,000 each in these funds reinforces your growth strategy. Consistent investments will help mitigate market volatility over time.
Active Fund: SIP of Rs 4,000 in an active fund shows your trust in fund managers' expertise to outperform the market.
Debt & Equity Fund: This balanced approach with a Rs 4,000 SIP ensures you have a mix of stability and growth.
Flexicap Fund: A Rs 4,000 SIP here provides flexibility to invest across various market caps, enhancing diversification.
Balancing Risk and Return
Your SIPs indicate a balanced approach towards growth and stability. By investing Rs 20,000 monthly across these funds, you are steadily building your corpus, reducing the impact of market fluctuations, and benefiting from potential long-term growth.

Evaluating Your Investment Choices
Long-Term Growth Potential
Your chosen funds have the potential to grow significantly over the next 10 years. Historical data suggests that well-managed mutual funds, particularly in small-cap and mid-cap categories, can offer impressive returns. However, they are also subject to market risks.

Importance of Active Management
Actively managed funds have the advantage of fund managers making strategic decisions to maximize returns. While passive funds like index funds simply track the market, actively managed funds aim to outperform. Your choice of actively managed funds reflects a desire for potentially higher returns through expert management.

Assessing the Disadvantages of Direct Funds
Direct mutual funds have lower expense ratios since they do not involve intermediary commissions. However, without the guidance of a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), you might miss out on professional advice, which can be crucial for optimizing your investment strategy. A CFP provides valuable insights and helps in tailoring your portfolio to meet specific goals.

Expected Returns and Goal Achievement
Potential Corpus After 10 Years
Predicting exact returns is challenging due to market volatility. However, based on historical performance, equity mutual funds have the potential to yield substantial returns over a decade. Assuming a conservative average annual return, your lump sum and SIP investments can grow significantly, helping you reach your goal of constructing a house.

Importance of Regular Review
It is essential to regularly review your portfolio with your CFP. This ensures your investments remain aligned with your goals and market conditions. Adjustments may be needed to optimize performance and mitigate risks.

Benefits of Working with a Certified Financial Planner
A CFP can provide personalized advice, ensuring your investment strategy aligns with your long-term goals. Their expertise helps in navigating market complexities and making informed decisions.

Tailored Investment Strategies
CFPs consider your risk tolerance, financial goals, and market conditions to design a tailored investment plan. They help in balancing your portfolio and ensuring it adapts to changing circumstances.

Investing is a journey that requires patience and persistence. It's commendable that you are planning for a significant goal like constructing your own house. Your disciplined approach through lump sum investments and SIPs shows a strong commitment to your future. Understanding the risks and rewards associated with your chosen funds is crucial, and it's great to see you taking proactive steps.

Your current investment strategy, with a mix of lump sum and SIP investments in diversified mutual funds, is well-suited for long-term growth. By maintaining this approach and regularly consulting with your CFP, you are on a promising path toward achieving your goal of constructing your own house in 10 years. Stay focused, keep reviewing your portfolio, and adapt as necessary to stay on track.

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Jul 12, 2024

Hello sir my name is Santu Chakraborty.I am 34 year old now unmarried. My qualification is Bsc botany honours with 2nd class +diploma in mechanical engineering with distinction +btech in mechanical engineering from government engineering college west Bengal with 7.5 dgpa.I have 6 years of teaching experience in private diploma engineering college and now I working as a vocational teacher in automobile engineering department in gov high school.In my early phase of life I am going through lots of Misguide,seveare Anxiety issue. Nobody can help me on that phase.I recover mostly by my own after various dillema.I want to work in mechanical r and d company, Mechanical design basis company and also upgrade my teaching carrier. How can I start my journey at this age ?what is the risk factor also? Please tell me. I am very enthusiastic dedicated person. I have no guide in my home. My father is vegetable seller.
Ans: Hi Santu Chakraborty,

This is a really exhaustive query.

The journey thru' your acquisition of qualifications has been vast!

In the course of your life you are now suffering from SNIOP (SUSCEPTIBLE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE) this happens when you let others control your life.

I have this poem.. Especially for one's like you!

The Guy in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.
He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.
You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

Dale Wimbrow (c) 1934

Get the enthusiasm going, don't get embroiled in what life has been before!

Take a stranglehold of your life and make it BIG!

The opportunities are.. Miracles waiting to happen, what are you waiting for.. You are the catalyst!?
Maxim Emmanuel.

Pick up yourself don't be a victim of self pity.

If you do need further professional advice happy to assist
https://m.me/maxim.emmanuel.2024