Sanjib

Sanjib Jha  | Answer  |Ask -

Insurance Expert - Answered on Apr 25, 2023

Sharad Question by Sharad on Apr 14, 2023Translate

Hi, I had invested in LIC policy and paid premium for 2 years. Unfortunately, after that I stopped paying premium, and policy status is showing as lapsed now. Can I get my money paid for premium back? What is the process. Policy was for period of 15 years.

Ans: Hi Sharad, unfortunately when you stop paying your premiums, the policy lapses. If your policy has lapsed owing to non-payment of premiums on time, the terms and conditions of the policy contract are null and void until you reinstate it. A lapsed coverage must be reinstated by paying the accumulated premiums with interest and providing the necessary health information.You will have to pay the premiums of the years missed and then the policy will get revived.

Financial Planner - Answered on Jan 23, 2024

I had taken a PM Vaya Bandana LIC scheme at 6 Lacs in the year 2020 . Now the LIC has informed me that I had exceeded Rs 15 lacs cap on this scheme. Neither me nor my Agent or LIC noticed that at the time of investment. Now LIC wants me to return the Certificate and return my money after deducting the premium paid. This means I shall loose : 1. Any return on my investment for last 3 years. 2. LIC had taken Rs 52000.00 as GST. What is the remedy and why I shall be penalized for the fault which all had committed.
Ans: As per the policy – “Total amount of purchase price under all the policies under this plan, and all the policies taken under Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (with UIN 512G311V01 and UIN: 512G311V02) allowed to a senior citizen shall not exceed Rs 15 lakhs.”

But the effects of exceeding this maximum limit is not mentioned anywhere in the policy

While LIC has some responsibility for not initially flagging the cap excess, your agent also played a role in advising the investment.
Now, to get this issue resolved, explain your situation and highlight the lack of awareness about the cap. You can request LIC to reconsider the penalties.

If no resolution is reached with LIC, you can consider approaching the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) to file a complaint. They can mediate the issue and advocate for a fair solution.

For legal guidance and stronger representation, you may consider consulting a lawyer specializing in insurance matters. They can analyze the contract, identify potential legal grounds, and advise you on the best course of action.

Also, gather all relevant documents related to the investment, including the policy certificate, communication from LIC, and any emails/records with your agent.

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations