Home > Money > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

Mihir Tanna  |880 Answers  |Ask -

Tax Expert - Answered on Mar 27, 2023

Mihir Ashok Tanna, who works with a well-known chartered accountancy firm in Mumbai, has more than 15 years of experience in direct taxation.
He handles various kinds of matters related to direct tax such as PAN/ TAN application; compliance including ITR, TDS return filing; issuance/ filing of statutory forms like Form 15CB, Form 61A, etc; application u/s 10(46); application for condonation of delay; application for lower/ nil TDS certificate; transfer pricing and study report; advisory/ opinion on direct tax matters; handling various income-tax notices; compounding application on show cause for TDS default; verification of books for TDS/ TCS/ equalisation levy compliance; application for pending income-tax demand and refund; charitable trust taxation and compliance; income-tax scrutiny and CIT(A) for all types of taxpayers including individuals, firms, LLPs, corporates, trusts, non-resident individuals and companies.
He regularly represents clients before the income tax authorities including the commissioner of income tax (appeal).... more
Ravi Question by Ravi on Feb 06, 2023Hindi

In case of share sale how profit or loss will be depicted in ITR III

Ans: ITR 3 is applicable in case of trader of shares. Gain from shares will be taxed after deducting expenses incurred exclusive for trading in shares. In case books of accounts are required to be prepared as per Sec 44AA, you have to fill Balance sheet and P&L in ITR 3
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information to be as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below


Anil Rego  |346 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Jun 09, 2022

I am Super Senior VETERAN, DOR 01 SEPT 1998. I have been filing my ITR regularly.  2) I shall appreciate your help to calculate Profit/Loss on Share/M.F Txt. 3) I have redeemed Tata Infrastructure Fund Folio No. 142726 , Qty 1496 units, Amt Rs.38473/ Dt 23/11/2020. 4) My Purchase was a) 489.939 units at Rs 10000/- Dt.01/03/2007b) Units 1069.68 at Rs 30000/- @28.05 Dt.23/01/2008 5) PLZ Calculate LTCG/LOSS. Also let me know if Purchase NAV will be based on NAV 31ST JAN 2018. 6) For Share Txt of VEDANTA QTY 210 Sell & L&T QTY 5 Sell, I will give details on receipt of your comment on Tata M.F. Redemption. 
Ans: Grandfathering would be applicable for you while computing the capital gains for Tata Infrastructure Fund. The Cost of Acquisition to be considered would be the higher of:

(i) Cost of Acquisition of the asset and

(ii) Lower of:

  1. Fair market value of the asset as on January 31, 2018 and
  2. Full value of consideration received / receivable on transfer of the capital asset.

The computation for the same is tabulated below. I had assumed it is under dividend mode based on the NAVs provided:

Capital Gains Computation
Sl No Description Date Units NAV Amount

Sales Consideration

23-11-2020 489.939 25.717246 12,600
Purchase 1 01-03-2007 489.939 20.410704 10,000
Cost of Acquisition - on FMV 31-01-2018 489.939 32.27 15,810
As per grandfathering principle - COA   12,600
2 Sales Consideration 23-11-2020 1006.061 25.717246 25,873
Purchase 2 23-01-2008 1006.061 28.045771 28,216
Cost of Acquisition - on FMV 31-01-2018 1006.061 32.27 32,466
As per grandfathering principle - COA   28,216
  Long Term Capital Loss -2,343

..Read more

Latest Questions
Nayagam P

Nayagam P P  |2230 Answers  |Ask -

Career Counsellor - Answered on Jul 21, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Jul 20, 2024Hindi
Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.

...Read more

DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds