Sanjib

Sanjib Jha  | Answer  |Ask -

Insurance Expert - Answered on Sep 08, 2022

Madhukar Question by Madhukar on Sep 08, 2022Translate

I have already taken term plan in one insurance company. If I take one more term plan in another company then shall I get benefits from both companies? Kindly clarify.

Ans: Hi Madhukar, yes, you can purchase term policies from different insurance companies within your HLV (Human life value) limits. There is no rule that disallows a person from owning multiple term insurance policies.

However, the premiums of both may differ depending on the underwriting process as per the insurer.

I am 30 and looking for a term insurance for a term of 40 years. Which company offers the best term plan in terms of lower premium and best cover? Could you kindly suggest one?
Ans: One cannot recommend a specific term insurance plan or company as it depends on various factors like your health condition, lifestyle habits (smoking/drinking), income, budget, and family situation. However, here’s a guide on how to choose the best term plan.

Here are some key factors to consider when choosing a term insurance plan:

• Sum assured: This is the amount your beneficiary will receive in case of your death during the policy term. Choose a sum assured that is sufficient to cover your outstanding debts, living expenses for your family, and future financial goals of your dependents.
• Policy term: This is the duration for which the life cover is valid. Since you are 30 and looking for a 40-year term, you have a wide range of options to choose from.
• Premium amount: This is the amount you pay annually or monthly to maintain the policy. Generally, younger individuals have lower premiums compared to older individuals.
• Riders: These are additional benefits that can be attached to your base plan, like accidental death benefit, critical illness cover, and waiver of premium rider. Choose riders that suit your specific needs and budget.
• Claim settlement ratio: This ratio indicates the percentage of claims settled by the insurance company. Opt for a company with a high claim settlement ratio.

Popular insurance companies often change, and new products may be introduced, so it's essential to check the latest offerings. Additionally, individual factors such as your health, lifestyle, and occupation can affect premium rates. Make sure to disclose all relevant information accurately to get the most suitable coverage.

Remember, it's crucial to disclose all your health conditions and lifestyle habits accurately while applying for term insurance. Withholding information can lead to claim rejection in the future.

Remember that buying ‘best’ term insurance plan is subjective and depends on your specific needs and circumstances.

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations