Sanjib

Sanjib Jha  | Answer  |Ask -

Insurance Expert - Answered on Apr 13, 2023

Phani Question by Phani on Mar 25, 2023Translate

Sir, I am 65 years old. Visiting USA for 6 months to be with my son. I am a cardiac patient. Would like to know about health insurance policy during my stay at USA which covers procedures like angioplasty/ heart surgery and premium if any.

Ans: Health insurance plans bought in India are designed to cover the insured of their health expenses within the country itself.
Hence, if you are traveling to USA then we would recommend you to purchase a travel policy accordingly to cover any medical emergencies.

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 31, 2024Translate
HI Sir, do you know of any insurance company in India offering overseas travel insurance policy covering pre-existing heart ailments? I would like to know more about such a policy.
Ans: Let me offer some pointers on finding travel insurance for pre-existing heart ailments. It's essential to contact insurance providers directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information. Here are some steps you can take:

Research Insurance Providers:

Start by researching companies like ICICI Lombard, HDFC ERGO, Tata AIG, and others which commonly provide such policies.

Contact Customer Service:

Reach out to the customer service or support teams of these insurance companies. You can find their contact information on their official websites.

Ask about Pre-existing Conditions:

Inquire specifically about travel insurance policies that cover pre-existing heart ailments. Provide details about the condition and ask about coverage, exclusions, and any additional requirements.

Review Policy Documents:

Carefully review the policy documents, terms, and conditions. Pay attention to the coverage limits, exclusions, and any waiting periods that may apply to pre-existing conditions.

Compare Policies:

Compare the offerings of different insurance providers to ensure you get the best coverage for your needs. Consider factors such as coverage limits, premium costs, and the extent of coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Medical Check-up Requirements:

Some insurers may require a medical check-up before providing coverage for pre-existing conditions. Understand any such requirements and fulfill them if needed.

Declare Pre-existing Conditions:

Ensure that you declare your pre-existing heart ailment accurately during the application process. Failure to disclose relevant information may lead to claim rejection.

Seek Professional Advice:

If you have specific concerns or requirements related to your health condition, consider consulting an insurance advisor or broker for personalised guidance.

Remember that policies and offerings can change, so it's crucial to verify the latest information directly with the insurance companies. Always read the terms and conditions thoroughly to understand the coverage and limitations of the policy.

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations