Vivek

Vivek Shah  |60 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 06, 2023

Vivek Shah is a SEBI registered investment advisor and certified financial planner from FPSB India. He has over 18 years of experience in financial planning.
Shah founded Finrise, a financial planning and wealth management firm, in 2011. He believes that equity investment is the only way to generate long term wealth.
PRASANJIT Question by PRASANJIT on Mar 06, 2023Hindi

I am 41, have new born baby, need to invest 20k now, that i will need after 5yrs for his school admissions, plz tell me some MF and SIPS

Ans: Hi Prasanjit,

Looking at 5 years time horizon and moderate risk profile, i would suggest you to invest in Balanced Advantage funds category which will give you less volatility and smooth ride towards your goal of accumulating for school admission.

I hope this will help you.

Disclaimer: This information is only for educational purpose and not a buy or sell recommendation.

Sir. Im 35 yrs old with 2 kids aged 3 and 10 months respectively. I have 3 lakhs in MF and 4.5 lakhs in ppf. 5 lakhs FD. Started MF SIP in my kids names each 5k. Where else should I invest ?
Ans: Considering your age and financial goals, you may want to consider diversifying your investments further. Here are some options to consider:

Equity Mutual Funds: Since you have already started SIPs in your kids' names, you could continue investing in diversified equity mutual funds for potential long-term growth. These funds offer exposure to stocks across various sectors and market capitalizations.

Debt Mutual Funds: To balance your portfolio and reduce overall risk, consider investing in debt mutual funds. These funds primarily invest in fixed-income securities such as government bonds, corporate bonds, and money market instruments. They offer relatively stable returns compared to equity funds.

Child Education Planning: Since your children are young, you may want to start planning for their education expenses. Consider setting up separate investment accounts or education funds specifically designated for their future educational needs.

Term Insurance: As a parent, it's essential to ensure financial protection for your family in case of unforeseen events. Consider purchasing a term insurance policy to provide financial security to your dependents in the event of your untimely demise.

Emergency Fund: Build an emergency fund equivalent to at least 6-12 months of your household expenses. This fund should be easily accessible and kept in liquid assets such as savings accounts or liquid mutual funds to cover unexpected expenses or financial emergencies.

Retirement Planning: Start planning for your retirement by investing in retirement-focused instruments such as the National Pension System (NPS), Public Provident Fund (PPF), or Employee Provident Fund (EPF). These instruments offer tax benefits and help in building a corpus for your post-retirement years.

It's essential to assess your risk tolerance, investment objectives, and time horizon before making any investment decisions. Consider consulting with a financial advisor to develop a customized investment plan tailored to your specific needs and goals.

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024

I am a 26 years old girl completed my studies, trying to get a job, 2 years back I fell in love online with a man of 32 years old, we have not met yet physically. He is working on a very small salary in a village i.e. his hometown. He can't get a good government job or private job now due to lack of experience and age. We love each other a lot with all our flaws. My family is strictly against it due to caste difference, low salary, he lives 1600 km away, background differences. Overall they don't trust him and our love and are emotionally blackmailing me to get married with someone they choose. And the thought alone of leaving him makes me sad

I am sorry for the challenges you are facing. I understand how difficult it must be to leave a person you love. Having said that, I would also like to point out that living a decent life is not cheap. You are currently unemployed and your partner has a low salary; it will not be sustainable in the long run. I am not asking you to leave him and marry someone else; all I am suggesting is don't rush. Take the time to find a decent job and ask your partner to do the same. Once you think you both are earning a good amount of money, put forth the idea of your marriage again to your parents.

Now the most important thing, you have met him online and never met him in real life. Is it worth taking this kind of risk before verifying everything in person? I am sure he is genuine but there is no harm in cross-checking. And I can't really blame your parents for having their doubts. Please don't rush. One wrong decision can ruin the rest of your life. Take your time, think this through, and meet him in person, most likely in your city and in a public space. Do a thorough background check. It is easy to get fooled when you are in love.

Again, please don't rush. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Hi, I am 25+ years of old. Earning a handsome ammount of money arround 1lakh. I am a introvert, kind of kanjus you can say. I don't have any gf. I had one one one-sided relationship but because of low self confidence I didn't able to express my feelings. I don't feel myself as a ugly person but I am over waight, facing hair fall recently that's why I lose confidence approaching girls. I tried few dating apps but use. As I am a introvert I don't like to go to parties but definitely become comfortable after knowing the other person. Currently in Bangalore but being from a remote area I don't feel comfortable approaching a girl. What should I do.

I understand how you are feeling. First of all, you are not alone in this. Secondly, it's time you recognize how much you have achieved in life. Kudos to that.

Now, coming to your concern, being an introvert is not an issue, though it comes with its own set of challenges. I understand that you feel shy when it comes to talking to women. That's where dating apps come in. You have seen no results on them; I hear you. But give it another try, but this time, with a fool-proof strategy. First off, write an appealing bio. It's equivalent to writing a cover letter- you put forward your best attributes and convince people why they should date you. You can mention your achievements, you can be honest and disclose that you are an introvert, mention what you have to offer as a partner and don't forget to mention what you are looking for in your partner. This would give your potential matches a concise idea of you and also help attract the right people. Second, display image matters. While I am not encouraging you to put up an over-edited picture hiding your imperfections, do not put up the worst one either. Make sure it's recent, decent, and of you and you alone, and not in a group. Third, if you like somebody, don't be afraid to send a message. You are not committing to them, nor do you have to see them in person. Leave a message, interact, only if things go well, meet in person. There's no rush and no prior commitment. Fourth and the most important one, be patient. The right match can take a while but when you do find them, it will be worth the wait.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024