Dr Shyam

Dr Shyam Jamalabad  |63 Answers  |Ask -

Dentist - Answered on Jan 07, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 06, 2023Hindi

Hi Dr. Shyam, My mother is 60yrs, recently she lost her upper right molar tooth. She is planning to cover the gap with a fake tooth. Dentist recommended Implant or Bridging. But, now, before going with either option, I would like to know how to choose between an implant and a bridge? Considering her age, what is the best option?

Ans: The best option for her would depend on the health of her jaw bone and gums and also her general health and co-morbidities, if any. All other conditions being favorable an implant would be the better option.

Dr Shyam

Dr Shyam Jamalabad  |63 Answers  |Ask -

Dentist - Answered on Feb 28, 2024

Hello Dr. I am writing to seek your professional guidance regarding my oral health, as I have been facing persistent issues with my teeth, particularly my molars. These problems have arisen due to unhealthy childhood habits, and I am eager to find a permanent solution to address them. To provide you with some background, I have previously undergone root canal treatment (RCT) for six of my molars, 02 removed, approximately 12 years ago. However, it seems that my dental issues have persisted, and I am concerned about their long-term impact on my oral health. Given my current age of 38, I am motivated to take proactive steps to ensure the best possible care for my teeth. I kindly request your professional advice on the following: Is there a permanent solution available to address the ongoing issues with my molars? What preventive measures can I take to maintain the health of my remaining teeth? Are there any specific dental treatments or procedures that you recommend in my case? How often should I schedule dental check-ups to monitor and manage my oral health effectively? I understand the importance of seeking expert guidance, and I trust your expertise to provide me with the best possible recommendations to improve and maintain my oral health. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
Ans: First of all, it's important to realise that no solution or treatment can be guaranteed to last a lifetime. At best you can hope for and seek long-term solutions. Even so, your oral health and hygiene will have to be reviewed periodically and corrective action taken as and when necessary.
To prevent further decay and to preserve your restored teeth in good health you need to brush/floss well at least twice a day. Preferably after every meal. And you need to see your dentist every 6 months.
Please consult your dentist who can evaluate the condition of your teeth and gums and then suggest the best possible treatment for you

I am looking for best Mutual Funds monthly SIP around 1000 to 2000 per month for my 2 children age 10 and 12 years, for at least 10 years. i request to you give me best mutual funds next 10 years. its very well growth every year. mutual funds not one i ready to investment in 2 or 3 mutual funds.
Ans: Investing in your children's future is a great step. Let's explore the best mutual funds for a SIP of Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,000 per month for at least 10 years.

Choose Diversified Equity Funds

Diversified equity funds can provide good growth. They invest across various sectors, reducing risk.

Opt for Flexi-cap Funds

Flexi-cap funds can invest in large, mid, and small-cap stocks. This flexibility can offer better returns over time.

Actively managed funds have expert fund managers. They can adapt strategies to market conditions, aiming for higher returns.

Balanced Advantage Funds

Balanced advantage funds invest in both equity and debt. They balance risk and reward, suitable for long-term goals.

Starting a SIP helps in averaging the purchase cost. It reduces the impact of market volatility.

Consider Child-specific Funds

Some funds are tailored for children's future needs. They often have a mix of equity and debt for balanced growth.

Consult a Certified Financial Planner. They can provide a tailored plan based on your financial goals.

Review and Adjust

Regularly review your investments. Adjust if needed to stay aligned with your goals.

I am 61 years and retired from central government. Getting 48000 and 30000 as pension and rent. All my retirement benefits are exhausted on building of house and education loan. I need 5000000 fifty lakhs in seven years. What i should do. This amoint to be given to my son and what way i accummulate.
Ans: I appreciate your commitment to helping your son. Let's explore ways to accumulate Rs 50 lakhs in seven years.

Evaluate Current Income and Expenses

Track your monthly income of Rs 78,000. Prioritise your essential expenses and find areas to save.

Create an Investment Plan

Consider investing in mutual funds. Actively managed funds often outperform index funds, especially in volatile markets.

Actively managed funds are handled by expert fund managers. They can adapt strategies based on market conditions.

Start a SIP to invest regularly. This helps in averaging costs and reduces market risk.

Consider Balanced Funds

Balanced funds invest in both equity and debt. This provides growth and stability.

Set aside a small amount each month for emergencies. This ensures financial security without touching investments.

Avoid Real Estate and Annuities

Real estate can be illiquid and risky. Annuities often have high fees and low returns.

Seek Professional Advice

Consult a Certified Financial Planner. They can tailor a plan to help you achieve your goal.

Stay Committed and Review Regularly

Monitor your investments and make adjustments if needed. Stay focused on your goal.

Hi I am a working women at 40. I have about 50 lacs debt in home loan. I have a house worth 2.0 crs and gold around 1 crore. I want to plan my retirement fund as I m in a high burnt out corporate job. My retirement age is 50 years. I can invest 75k monthly comfortably apart from my house emi and monthly expenses. What split do you suggest for me so that I have 4 crs corpus at the time of retirement. Thanks
Ans: You're a working woman at 40, aiming to retire at 50 with a target corpus of Rs. 4 crores. Here’s a strategic approach to achieve your goal:

Current Financial Overview
Assets: House worth Rs. 2 crores, gold valued at Rs. 1 crore.
Liabilities: Home loan debt of Rs. 50 lakhs.
Monthly Investment Capacity
Comfortable monthly investment capacity of Rs. 75,000, excluding home loan EMIs and regular expenses.
Diversified Portfolio: Allocate investments across equity and debt instruments.
Equity Allocation: Consider equity mutual funds for growth potential.
Debt Allocation: Allocate a portion to debt instruments like debt mutual funds or fixed income options for stability.
Diversification: Spread investments to mitigate risks associated with any single asset class.
Regular Review: Periodically review and rebalance portfolio based on market conditions and financial goals.
Retirement Corpus Projection
Target Corpus: Aim for Rs. 4 crores by age 50.
Investment Horizon: Plan investments with a focus on long-term growth and compounding.
Financial Discipline
Expense Management: Monitor and control discretionary expenses to maximize savings.
Debt Repayment: Continue servicing home loan while focusing on wealth accumulation for retirement.
By adopting a disciplined approach to investment, balancing risk with growth potential, and staying committed to your financial plan, you can build a substantial retirement corpus by age 50. Seek professional guidance to tailor an investment strategy aligned with your specific financial circumstances.

I am a Civil engineer working in esteemed Construction Company of the country having 11 years of experience. My current take home salary is 91,000 and due to some experiences of my life all my decision went bad and I have to pay almost 80 percent of my salary into Personal loan EMIs. I have exhausted the amount which is got from my last organization which was around 2 lakhs and I am running into huge trouble with almost no savings. I am living with my wife and 9 month old baby boy. I am Trapped in debt. How should I come of from this? Anyone please guide.
Ans: You're a Civil Engineer with significant experience, facing a tough financial situation. Here's a holistic approach to tackle your debt:

Assessing the Debt Situation
Understand the total debt burden and prioritize repayments.
Evaluate personal loan terms and conditions for possible restructuring.
Managing Current Expenses
Budget meticulously to cover essential expenses for your family.
Minimize discretionary spending to allocate more towards debt repayment.
Maximizing Income Opportunities
Explore opportunities for additional income leveraging your engineering skills.
Consider freelance projects or consulting work to boost earnings.
Debt Repayment Strategy
Focus on paying off high-interest loans first to reduce overall interest burden.
Negotiate with lenders for feasible repayment schedules or interest rate reductions.
Emergency Fund Creation
Start building an emergency fund gradually, even with small amounts.
Ensure it covers at least 3-6 months' worth of living expenses.
Family Financial Security
Review insurance coverage for health and life to protect against unforeseen events.
Plan for your child's future needs, such as education and upbringing costs.
Long-Term Financial Planning
Once debt is under control, prioritize systematic savings and investments.
Avoid high-risk investments; opt for diversified options suited to your risk tolerance.
By strategically managing your debts, expenses, and income, you can gradually regain financial stability. Seek professional advice if needed to tailor a plan that fits your specific circumstances.