Amit

Amit Bansal  | Answer  |Ask -

Answered on Jun 18, 2010

jia Question by jia on Jun 18, 2010Hindi

I've been to three interviews now and all the employers seem to enjoy taking a trip of the candidates. They remind me of introductory sessions we had in college. It has put me off interviews. Any way in which i can overcome this fear?

Ans: Jia put your best foot forward. They are trying to put pressure on you to see how you react. Dont let it get to you.

Ashwini

Ashwini Dasgupta  |71 Answers  |Ask -

Personality Development Expert, Career Coach - Answered on Jul 06, 2023

Dear Ashwini, I am stuck in the same job for 10 years. I want to move on but I am scared to face an interview panel. I feel like I am not ready. Can you please help?
Ans: Hi,

Thank you for the question. Hope you are doing well.
Feeling nervous about facing an interview is completely normal, especially if you haven't been through the process for a long time. However, it's important to remember that change and growth often require stepping outside of our comfort zones.
Here are some steps you can take to prepare yourself and gain confidence for interviews:
1- Reflect on your achievements- Take stock of your accomplishments and skills gained during your 10 years in your current job. Recognize your strengths, areas of expertise, and valuable experiences. This self-reflection will help boost your confidence and provide material to discuss during interviews.
2- Research the job market: Spend time understanding the current job market trends, requirements, and industry expectations. Identify the skills and qualifications that employers are seeking in applicants for the positions you're interested in. This knowledge will help you align your preparation accordingly and help you be interview ready.
3- Brush up on interview techniques: Refresh your knowledge of common interview questions and practice answering them. You can find resources online that provide lists of frequently asked questions. Practice responding to these questions either by yourself, with a friend or family member, or consider engaging with a professional interview coach (as an option). This will again help you get ready for the interview/s. To go one step further you can also ask a friend or a family member to conduct mock interviews with you. This will help you get the experience and become more comfortable with the interview process and improve your responses.
Remember, facing an interview panel can be intimidating, but with adequate preparation, practice, and a positive mindset, you can increase your chances of success. Don't be too hard on yourself if you stumble along the way—it's all part of the learning process. Take the experiences and learnings and move ahead. Good luck with your job search!

Hope this helps. To Your Success. Be You. Be Confident.

Ashwini Dasgupta
Author of -Confidence Decoded. Is it a Skill or Attitude?

Hi iam 29 years old Currently I'm investing 2.5k in Mirae assets emerging bluechip fund. 2k in ICICI prudential technology fund. 1.5k in axis small cap fund. 1k in quant small cap fund. 1k in quant infrastructure fund. Are those funds good for long-term like 20 years plz answer.
Ans: Current Investment Overview

At 29 years old, you have a well-diversified portfolio. Your investments include:

Rs 2,500 in an emerging bluechip fund

Rs 2,000 in a technology fund

Rs 1,500 in a small cap fund

Rs 1,000 in another small cap fund

Rs 1,000 in an infrastructure fund

Evaluation of Fund Selection

Emerging Bluechip Fund

Potential for Growth: This fund targets mid-cap and large-cap stocks. These offer substantial growth potential over the long term.

Risk Factor: It carries moderate to high risk, suitable for your long-term horizon.

Technology Fund

Sector Focus: This fund invests in the technology sector. Technology is a rapidly evolving sector with high growth potential.

Volatility: Sector funds are more volatile. Diversification within your portfolio helps manage this risk.

Small Cap Funds

High Growth Potential: Small cap funds can offer high returns. They invest in smaller companies with significant growth potential.

High Risk: These funds are high-risk due to market volatility. Holding for 20 years can help ride out market fluctuations.

Infrastructure Fund

Sector-Specific Growth: Infrastructure funds invest in infrastructure projects. This sector can benefit from government policies and economic growth.

Moderate to High Risk: Sector-specific funds can be volatile. Diversifying across sectors helps balance your portfolio.

Professional Management

Expertise: Actively managed funds are handled by experienced fund managers.

Research and Analysis: Fund managers conduct in-depth research to make informed investment decisions.

Flexibility

Dynamic Adjustments: Managers can adjust the portfolio based on market conditions. This can help mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.

Regular Monitoring: Continuous monitoring ensures the portfolio aligns with market trends and investment goals.

Lack of Professional Guidance

Self-Management: Direct funds require you to manage your investments. This involves research, analysis, and regular monitoring.

Time-Consuming: Managing direct funds can be time-consuming. It requires a thorough understanding of market dynamics.

Risk of Errors

Potential for Mistakes: Without professional advice, there's a higher risk of making investment errors. This can affect your returns.

Missed Opportunities: Lack of expertise can lead to missed investment opportunities.

Recommendations for Long-Term Strategy

Maintain Diversification

Balanced Portfolio: Continue diversifying across different sectors and fund types. This reduces risk and enhances growth potential.

Regular Review: Review your portfolio periodically. Ensure it remains aligned with your long-term goals.

Increase SIP Amount Gradually

Boost Investments: Gradually increase your SIP amounts. This helps in building a substantial corpus over time.

Compounding Benefits: Higher investments benefit from compounding returns, accelerating your wealth growth.

Consult a Certified Financial Planner

Expert Advice: Seek advice from a Certified Financial Planner. They can provide personalized recommendations based on your financial goals.

Holistic Approach: A CFP can offer a 360-degree financial solution, ensuring all aspects of your financial health are covered.

Your current investment strategy is solid for long-term growth. Diversify your portfolio, increase SIP amounts, and seek professional advice. This will ensure a secure and prosperous financial future.

Hi sir myself jagadish.m I have two kids one of age 4 years and one of 1year.I have own house in Bangalore and 4acres farmland in Andhrapradesh.I am planning to save money for my kids future.Currently I am doing trading with 15lakhs by taking advisory.I am happy with returns from trading so far.Pls suggest me suitable entity to invest
Ans: Current Financial Situation
You have two young children, a house in Bangalore, and farmland in Andhra Pradesh. You are also trading with Rs. 15 lakhs and are satisfied with the returns.

Appreciating Your Efforts
It's commendable that you are actively trading and seeing positive results. Your initiative in planning for your children's future is also praiseworthy.

Goals for Your Children's Future
To secure your children's future, it's essential to have a diversified investment strategy. Here are some key areas to consider:

Education Planning
Start Early: Investing early gives you the advantage of compounding.

Estimate Costs: Calculate the future cost of education. Consider inflation in your calculations.

Investment Options: Look at equity mutual funds for long-term growth. They can provide higher returns over time.

Child Plans
Dedicated Plans: Consider child-specific investment plans. These plans offer benefits tailored for children's future needs.

Dual Benefits: These plans often provide life cover and investment growth. They ensure financial security for your children.

Regular Investments: SIPs allow you to invest a fixed amount regularly. It helps in disciplined saving.

Rupee Cost Averaging: SIPs benefit from market fluctuations. They help in averaging out the purchase cost of units.

Flexibility: You can start SIPs with small amounts. They offer flexibility to increase investments over time.

Professional Management: Actively managed funds are handled by expert fund managers. They adjust the portfolio based on market conditions.

Higher Potential Returns: These funds aim to outperform market indices. They can offer higher returns compared to index funds.

Diversification: Actively managed funds invest in a variety of sectors. This reduces risk and enhances potential returns.

Self-Management: Direct funds require you to manage investments yourself. This can be challenging without professional advice.

Lack of Expertise: Without a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), you might miss out on strategic adjustments.

Higher Effort: Direct funds demand constant monitoring. It requires significant time and effort.

Benefits of Regular Funds Through a CFP
Expert Advice: A CFP provides personalized investment strategies. They consider your financial goals and risk tolerance.

Regular Monitoring: Your investments are regularly reviewed and adjusted. This ensures optimal performance.

Comprehensive Planning: CFPs offer a holistic financial plan. They cover all aspects of your financial life, including insurance, retirement, and estate planning.

Diversifying Investments
Balanced Portfolio: Diversify across equity, debt, and hybrid funds. This balances risk and returns.

Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund. It should cover 6-12 months of expenses.

Insurance: Ensure adequate life and health insurance. It protects your family from unforeseen events.

Your proactive approach to securing your children's future is excellent. Focus on a diversified investment strategy. Consider education planning, child-specific plans, and SIPs. Opt for actively managed funds for higher returns. Avoid direct funds and benefit from the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner. Regularly review and adjust your investments to align with your financial goals.

Hi Sir, I have invested in a policy of HDFC bank with name HDFC Life Uday. In this I have been investing 24K per annum. Same amount i have to invest for 8 years that will end up in 2026. Maturity time is 2030. Can you please tell me how much amount will i get on maturity.
Ans: You have invested in the HDFC Life Uday policy, a traditional, non-linked insurance plan. You are paying Rs. 24,000 annually for 8 years, with the policy maturing in 2030.

Understanding HDFC Life Uday
HDFC Life Uday offers a combination of savings and protection. It includes a guaranteed sum assured and potential bonuses. However, this type of policy has several disadvantages.

Disadvantages of HDFC Life Uday
Lower Returns: Traditional policies typically offer lower returns compared to other investment options. The returns may not keep up with inflation.

High Costs: These policies often have higher costs due to premiums covering both insurance and savings components.

Limited Liquidity: Traditional policies have long lock-in periods. Accessing your money before maturity can be difficult and costly.

Inflation Impact: The fixed returns may not keep pace with inflation, reducing the purchasing power of your maturity amount.

Complexity: The structure of bonuses and guarantees can be complex and less transparent.

Surrendering the Policy
Given the disadvantages, it may be beneficial to surrender your HDFC Life Uday policy and reinvest in more efficient options.

Surrender Value: Before making a decision, check the surrender value of your policy. This is the amount you will receive if you terminate the policy early.

Reinvestment Strategy: Consider reinvesting the surrender value in mutual funds. Mutual funds can provide higher returns and greater flexibility.

Benefits of Mutual Funds
Higher Returns: Mutual funds generally offer higher returns compared to traditional policies.

Diversification: Mutual funds invest in a variety of assets, reducing risk.

Liquidity: Mutual funds are more liquid, allowing you easier access to your money.

Professional Management: Funds are managed by experts who adjust investments based on market conditions.

Flexibility: You can choose from a wide range of funds based on your risk appetite and financial goals.

Investing Through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Consider investing in mutual funds through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). Here’s why:

Expert Guidance: A CFP provides personalized advice tailored to your financial goals.

Regular Monitoring: They continuously monitor and adjust your investments to optimize returns.

Comprehensive Planning: CFPs offer a holistic approach, covering all aspects of your financial life.

Given the lower returns, high costs, and limited liquidity of traditional policies like HDFC Life Uday, it may be wise to surrender the policy. Reinvesting in mutual funds through a Certified Financial Planner can provide higher returns, greater flexibility, and professional management. Review your surrender value and consult a CFP for personalized advice and a comprehensive financial plan.