HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Apr 25, 2023

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.

I am a Solar Engineer(28 years and unmarried) working in an MNC company for past 6.5 Years with very nominal salary of around 40k per month which perfectly fits to me only. Due to slow down of Solar business and increasing competition, I am not expecting our company growth which directly impacts our pay. I am also looking opportunities parallely in different domains like IT industry(have knowledge) etc., and one of my favourite is Travel and Tourism. Please recommend my next move. Thank you in advance.

Ans: Hi,
You are working in an MNC Company for the last 6.5 years and it seems that you are settled there. Solar energy would be in demand in a next few years due to the green initiative adopted by most of the world power. I would suggest you to stick to the current company.

Mayank Kumar  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on Feb 01, 2023

I am currently working fora leading FMCG company. I have a total experiemce of 20 years + in sales & marketing, Operations . I have been a multitasking individual. My salary is a 1.13 lac per month which is very hard to continue. I was in the insurance , banking but now have been in the FMCG industry for the past 12 years now. I am in a senior level as well. Kindly suggest me what next to do..I want a change and also need a 2nd income to sustain as well.
Ans: Hi Trilok! Your current CTC per month is not matching your work experience. To evaluate whether you are being paid fairly, I use a formula of the years of work experience with a 1.5-2x multiplier - so you should be at 30-40L. The sector that you are working in is experiencing ups and downs thus you should focus on how you can contribute by looking at up-skilling yourself. Sales, Marketing & Operations are integral functions for each and every sector & there is scope for a lot. These are a few steps I will recommend:

- Work on specific projects within your organisation in the domain where you want to build expertise in
- Utilise your time to pursue an online executive/ general management program (more focused on training than theories) to acquire leadership and managerial skills. It will strengthen your business acumen and shall boost your skill proficiencies for taking up added responsibilities within your organisation
- Use metrics to define your efforts within your org so that also allow them to compensate you fairly. Also with the right upskilling you should aim to get the right increment for yourself.

I am about 68 year's I have two sons who are married via arranged process. My younger son's wife is educated teacher. But she had a torturous up bring during high school days. Leading to least interest in married life after marriage. She deserted my son soon after marriage. This led to break down in marriage now heading for a divorce. Please advise.
Ans: It sounds like a deeply painful situation for everyone involved, especially considering the emotional trauma your daughter-in-law experienced during her formative years.

It's important to recognize that individuals who have gone through traumatic experiences in their youth can carry emotional wounds that affect their relationships later in life. These scars may manifest in ways that make it difficult for them to fully engage in marital life or maintain a healthy relationship.

In situations like these, it’s crucial to approach with empathy and understanding. Your daughter-in-law’s decision to desert your son and pursue divorce likely stems from her own internal struggles and emotional turmoil. It’s not a reflection of your son’s worth or efforts within the marriage.

Moving forward, it might be helpful for your son to focus on his own healing and well-being. Encouraging him to seek support from friends, family, or a professional counselor can provide him with a safe space to process his emotions and navigate this challenging transition.

As a family, offering unconditional support and empathy to both your son and daughter-in-law can create an environment where healing and understanding can begin. It’s important to respect each individual’s journey and decisions while also recognizing the need for compassion during this difficult time.

Hi, I am 40 yr old woman. I am staying with my husband who always doubt me without any reason. As he is dependent on me. He is jobless from last 5 yr. I am the only earning person I don't have any type of attitude. While balancing professional as well as personal life I use to listen his bitter words every day. Not only that he started beating me like anything Just coz of so-called reputation I tolerate him. But 7 months back I came across with a man in my life we both started liking each other, I shared everything with him. But he left his job due to some issues with manager and started working somewhere else. He started ignoring me. Please help me out to understand what is right and wrong in this?
Ans: Balancing the pressures of professional life with the strain of an abusive marriage is a heavy burden, and you deserve to feel safe, respected, and valued.

Your husband's behavior—doubting you without cause, subjecting you to daily verbal abuse, and physically harming you—is deeply troubling and completely unacceptable. It's important to acknowledge that no matter the circumstances, you do not deserve to be treated this way. The fear of societal judgment and concerns about reputation are common reasons people stay in harmful relationships, but your well-being and safety are far more important than maintaining appearances.

Meeting someone who offers emotional support when you’re in such a painful situation is understandable. It’s natural to seek comfort and a connection when you're feeling isolated and mistreated. However, the new man's recent behavior, where he started ignoring you after changing jobs, might feel like another layer of abandonment. This is especially tough because you opened up and shared your struggles with him, hoping for understanding and companionship.

In terms of what’s right and wrong, it's essential to focus on your needs and well-being. Staying in an abusive relationship is harmful to your physical and emotional health. You have the right to seek safety and happiness. The relationship with the new man might have provided temporary emotional relief, but it seems he's not able to be the supportive presence you hoped for, especially now when he’s pulling away.
Right now, focus on what you need to feel safe and supported. Consider reaching out to trusted friends, family, or professional services who can help you navigate this challenging time. You deserve a life free from fear and filled with respect and care. Prioritizing your own happiness and safety is the most important step forward.