Baqar Iftikhar

Baqar Iftikhar Naqvi  |112 Answers  |Ask -

Start-up Mentor - Answered on Feb 22, 2024

Baqar Iftikhar Naqvi is the founder and CEO of Upriver Ecommerce, an online sales accelerator firm and can guide entrepreneurs on how to make their firms grow.He holds a BTech in textile technology from the Central Textile Institute and has a master's degree in marketing and merchandising from the National Institute of Fashion Technology.He has 23 years of experience in the consumer products and retail industry.... more
Suraj Question by Suraj on Feb 22, 2024Hindi

I'm Suraj, sir I have started my firm in 2018 at small city Akola where I am providing computer and surveillance based sales and service. Actually I focus on service but I don't know why I don't have enough work and man power to run my business though I am providing the best service compared to others. How can I scale my business. Please give me your valuable suggestions. Do I need to change my business location or it doesn't matter?

Ans: Please explain what your business is before I can answer your question. Is it surveillance hardware sales like security camera and related software solutions. Do you also do complete installation etc. OR can you offer you solutions online, without the need to physically do any work at the client site . Please explain in detail

Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |56 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Oct 19, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Aug 20, 2023Hindi
I have been trying to scale my Digital Marketing and Advertising Agency since 2 years. but i am still not able to touch 1 lakh a month consistently. I know where i am going wrong, its the sales mostly. Please suggest me a way off how to a get a proper sales channel to get clients , how to manage funds for sales channels, and maybe some channels you can suggest.?
Ans: The different sales channels include traditional and modern marketplaces, retail and wholesale, and your own online store. All of these channels have their own pros and cons to take into account when choosing the right channels for your business.
Ecommerce
Ecommerce is any transaction that is completed online. For example, when you buy clothes from your favorite online store, that is ecommerce. Every time you order food from a delivery app like Doordash or Postmates, that is also e-commerce. Ecommerce is a huge market, worth over $5 trillion, and it’s expected to make up 24.5% of global sales by 2025.
Pros:
Lower startup costs, since you won’t have to pay for a physical storefront.
Can sell internationally and 24/7, as long as your website is active.
You can collect customer data to help you figure out what your target market wants.
Cons:
Problems in your distribution channel may cause the end of customer relationships.
Might have higher return rates because customers can’t try before buying products.
Direct sales in brick-and-mortar stores is still more popular despite ecommerce’s rising popularity.
Traditional marketplaces
Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Walmart Marketplace, and Google Shopping are examples of traditional marketplaces. These channels feature a wide range of product offerings and, for the most part, customers search by the product they’d like to buy rather than the brand they’d like to purchase it from.
While traditional marketplaces come with a preexisting customer base, these platforms require you to give up control of customer service and fulfillment speeds, and to compete on margins.
Pros:
You get your products in front of the existing customer base of those marketplaces.
You can use their distributors and marketing channels already in place.
Being part of a traditional marketplace can give you legitimacy in the eyes of your target market.
Cons:
Indirect sales mean you have to pay a commission for every sale made using a traditional marketplace, and those commissions can change.
Marketplaces can have really strict terms and conditions for how you communicate and represent yourself in their stores.
There might be a lot of different brands selling similar products in these stores, so it may be hard to find a way to stand out.
Modern marketplaces
Modern marketplaces are content-driven platforms that enable commerce. This includes social media channels like Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Pinterest. It also includes places like Spotify. One of the reasons these modern marketplaces are so successful as sales channels is because buyers are already there. Adding a Buy button allows you to meet buyers where they are.
Pros:
There are apps that can help you track various metrics on your social media platforms to help you optimize your posts and reach.
You can collaborate with other brands and influencers to cross-sell and cross promote.
Most social media platforms have useful templates you can use for your ads and store.
Customer support can be instantaneous on social media.
Cons:
You constantly need to create content to stay visible.
You need to be vigilant against any negative feedback or trolls.
If a social media site goes down or your account is hacked that could really affect your business.
Retail
The retail channel includes both permanent and pop-up shops, like a short-term rental in a mall, a booth at a craft fair, or a stall at a local farmers market. Retail channels provide the opportunity for you to build relationships with your customers in person and get real-time feedback. Retail is a powerful piece of the modern commerce playbook.
Pros:
You get face-to-face contact with your customers
Cut out the middlemen and get products straight into the hands of your customers.
The sales process is direct and ends with you having payment in hand at the end of the sale.
Cons:
May have added cost of hiring sales team (sales reps, sales manager, customer support team).
Can be expensive paying for overhead on brick-and-mortar shop.
Dealing with interpersonal issues with staff and customers.
Wholesale
Wholesale involves selling your products to other businesses who then retail them. Some businesses choose to make wholesale their only sales channel; others use wholesaling as one leg of an omnichannel sales strategy. Wholesale is a great way to move a lot of inventory at once.

Sir my daughter is in grade 9.Can you please suggest some preparation strategy for iit-jee .Which is the best online coaching for iit-jee foundation for grade 9.
Ans: Prefer ALLEN Online Coaching Classes. AhaGuru is another Better Option, if fees of Allen is More. However, If you join AhaGURU, join just Allen's Online Test Series also to practice questions online. Go to both Website, check & choose more suitable one for you.

NOW Coming to Preparation Strategies:

(1) Whenever you study at home, study for 45-minutes. Then take a break of 10-minutes when you can move away from your study table, walk, have some water & relax. If you continue studying beyond 45-minutes, your concentration power will go down, resulting to low output. Most students commit this mistake. (2) On daily basis (morning or evening whichever will be convenient to you), do yoga or meditation or physical exercises or play any games / sports for at least 30-45 minutes. This will further reduce your stress / distractions. (3) Study tough topics / tough subjects (applicable to you) early morning with your fresh mind. (4) Eat a lot of green vegetables / fruits which you can afford for & Avoid soft drinks (5) Every day night, before going to bed, revise whatever you have studied during the day. (6) Also, revise every week whatever you have covered till date (here your short-notes which you should prepare will be helpful). (7) Keep practising questions on topics which you have covered either offline or online (8) Give utmost importance to wrongly answered / difficult / complicated / tough questions and have a separate note-book specially for this for each subject (PCM) (8) You might be aware that JEE rank is allotted on the basis of highest score in Maths, followed by Physics & Chemistry. Practice more and more in Maths, till you reach Speed & Accuracy (9) By the end of 9th/10th/11th/12th standard (December-January), attempt fully syllabus online test series, evaluate and analyse your performance such as, (a) which topic / unit / concept you are weak which needs your revision and improvement as this will disturb you when you appear in actual JEE exam (b) abnormal time taken to attempt any question which you can come to know from Online Test Series which you should reduce (c) which questions you skipped and why? (10) Please AVOID studying under pressure that you should get admission only into IITs/ NITs. Never advisable. Any one can be successful, even if he / she studies in NON-IIT / NON-NIT Colleges also. (11) Have Plan B & Plan C for other Colleges Entrance Exams / Disciplines-Streams. (11) Avoid comparing yourself with other students. (12) Also, it is highly ideal to appear in / attempt minimum 5-Entrance Exams (for both Govt & Private Engineering Colleges). You will have a lot of options (easiest method) to choose the best and most suitable one, keeping in view a lot of factors such as, College | Location | Your Interest | Stream Preference | Placement Records | College Culture | Your Short & Long Term Goals | Pressure You Can Go Through | Your AIR & Job Market Condition when you apply for your BTech & Even after. I hope I have answered to your question with value additions.

All the BEST for your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, please Ask / Follow me in RediffGURU here.

Is it wise to pay off the entire bank loan on a house built on my husband's ancestorial property using entire PF money to avoid paying high EMIs? The house can never be sold as it is on a prestigious ancestorial land. I am retired and do not have any regular income. Please advice.
Ans: I understand your situation and will provide detailed advice. Let’s dive into the details to help you make an informed decision.

Understanding Your Financial Position

Your question brings up some important financial concerns. You have retired, don’t have a regular income, and are considering using your Provident Fund (PF) money to pay off a bank loan on a house. This house is on your husband's ancestral property, which holds significant sentimental value and cannot be sold. These are critical points to consider before making a decision.

The Importance of Emergency Funds

One of the primary rules in personal finance is to maintain an emergency fund. This fund should ideally cover at least six months of your living expenses. Since you are retired and do not have a regular income, it’s crucial to have a financial cushion to cover unexpected expenses such as medical emergencies or home repairs. Before using your entire PF to pay off the loan, ensure that you have set aside enough money for such contingencies.

Evaluating Your PF Money Utilisation

Using your entire PF to pay off the loan might give you relief from the high EMIs, but it will also deplete a significant portion of your savings. Given your retired status, you need to carefully consider the consequences of using this money. Once your PF is exhausted, it won’t be easy to rebuild this fund without a regular income.

The High EMI Concern

High EMIs can indeed be a burden, especially when you do not have a steady income stream. However, there are several other strategies you could consider before deciding to use your PF money. It might be worth looking into the possibility of restructuring your loan. Speak to your bank to see if you can extend the tenure of the loan, which would reduce the EMI amount, making it more manageable on a monthly basis.

Exploring Loan Restructuring Options

Banks often offer various loan restructuring options, especially for retired individuals. These options might include extending the loan term, which can significantly reduce your monthly EMIs. While this might mean paying more interest over the life of the loan, it can help ease your monthly financial burden and allow you to retain more of your PF for future needs.

Consider Partial Payments

If paying off the entire loan seems too risky, you might consider making a partial payment. This could reduce the principal amount of the loan, thus lowering your EMIs. You’ll still retain some of your PF money for future needs, and you won’t be entirely depleting your savings.

Benefits of Retaining PF Money

Your PF money is a significant safety net. It’s not just about having cash available; it’s also about the potential returns on that money. If you invest your PF wisely, it can generate returns that might help cover your loan EMIs or other expenses. Consider consulting a Certified Financial Planner to explore investment options that can provide you with regular income or growth potential.

The Emotional Value of Ancestral Property

The house being on prestigious ancestral land adds a layer of complexity. Emotional and sentimental values are important and should be factored into financial decisions. Since selling the property is not an option, it’s crucial to balance emotional considerations with financial practicality. Paying off the loan entirely might feel like a relief, but ensure it doesn’t leave you financially vulnerable.

Disadvantages of Using Entire PF

Using your entire PF money to pay off the loan means you lose out on the compounding benefits of keeping that money invested. Once spent, it’s gone, and you might face financial difficulties if any unexpected expenses arise. It’s important to maintain a balance between reducing your debt and retaining financial liquidity for future needs.

Exploring Alternative Investment Options

Instead of depleting your PF, consider investing in mutual funds through a Certified Financial Planner. Regular funds, managed by experienced professionals, can offer better returns compared to direct funds. This strategy can provide a steady stream of income, which could help in managing your loan EMIs without exhausting your savings.

Actively managed funds have the potential to outperform the market because they are managed by experts who make strategic decisions based on market conditions. While these funds may have higher fees than index funds, the professional management can lead to better returns, especially in a volatile market. By investing in these funds, you can generate returns that might help offset your loan payments.

The Role of Certified Financial Planners

Certified Financial Planners can help you create a diversified investment portfolio tailored to your risk tolerance and financial goals. They provide personalized advice, ensuring that your investments align with your need for income and growth. Working with a professional can help you make informed decisions, rather than depleting your PF.

Ensuring Financial Security

Financial security in retirement is paramount. Your focus should be on maintaining a steady income stream and preserving your savings. Consider all possible options to manage your loan without compromising your financial future. Consult with a Certified Financial Planner to explore ways to generate income from your investments and manage your debt efficiently.

Exploring Family Support

In situations involving ancestral property, family dynamics can play a crucial role. Discuss your financial situation with your family. There might be other family members willing to contribute towards the loan payments, especially if the property holds significant sentimental value for the entire family. Collaborative efforts can ease the financial burden on you.

Evaluating Long-term Financial Health

Consider the long-term implications of using your PF money. Retirement can last many years, and it’s important to ensure that your funds last. Evaluate your monthly expenses, potential future costs, and how much income you need to sustain your lifestyle. A detailed financial plan can help you make the right decision about your PF money.

Medical and Health Considerations

Healthcare costs can be a significant concern in retirement. Ensure you have adequate health insurance and set aside funds for medical emergencies. Using your PF to pay off the loan might leave you financially exposed if unexpected health issues arise. Prioritize your health and financial security.

The Importance of Diversification

Diversifying your investments is key to managing risk and ensuring stable returns. Instead of putting all your money into paying off the loan, consider spreading your investments across different asset classes. This can help mitigate risks and provide you with multiple income streams, enhancing your financial stability.

Benefits of Regular Investment through CFP

Investing through a Certified Financial Planner can provide access to a range of financial products suited to your needs. Regular investments in mutual funds, managed by professionals, can offer better returns and financial security. These planners can help you create a balanced portfolio, aligning with your retirement goals.

Financial Education and Empowerment

Empower yourself with financial knowledge. Understanding the basics of investments, market dynamics, and personal finance can help you make better decisions. Regular consultations with a Certified Financial Planner can provide you with the education and tools needed to manage your finances effectively.

Deciding to use your entire PF money to pay off a loan is a significant decision that requires careful consideration. Balancing the emotional value of your ancestral property with your financial security is key. Explore alternative options like loan restructuring, partial payments, and investing through a Certified Financial Planner. Maintaining an emergency fund, ensuring health coverage, and diversifying your investments will help secure your financial future. Consult with a financial expert to create a comprehensive plan that aligns with your retirement goals and provides peace of mind.