Geeta

Geeta Ratra  |138 Answers  |Ask -

Visas, Study Abroad Expert - Answered on May 21, 2024

Hi, Im a US citizen currently pursuing by btech in cse at a top NIT. I was wondering if I would like to apply for MS in US what would be the procedure.

Ans: Hi, as a US citizen pursuing a BTech in CSE at a top NIT, you should research universities, prepare for GRE/TOEFL exams, gather recommendation letters, and write a strong statement of purpose. Check each university's specific requirements and deadlines. Start early to ensure a smooth application process.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Sep 11, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 10, 2023Hindi
Deat Sir, I am 2nd year B.Tech student (Computer Science) and would like to persue MS either in UK or US. I Dont have any knowledge about the right process. Can you please guide me how should i prepare for the same?

First and foremost, thank you for contacting us. An important move in your academic and professional journey involves preparing to pursue an MS in Computer Science in the UK or the US. For the same, careful planning and preparation is crucial. The process involves the below mentioned steps:

1. Study available options: The first step involves conducting a thorough research on universities and courses offered in both the UK and the US. Take into account each program’s standing, the location, expense, and particular research fields or specialties you are interested in.

2. Academic Readiness: Ensure you have a good academic record. Maintain a high grade point average (GPA) and enroll in specialized courses in your preferred field.

3. Appear for Standardized Tests: English proficiency tests like the TOEFL or IELTS are often required for admission to universities in the UK. On the other hand, the GRE is required by majority of the universities in USA. Look into the unique criteria of your programs’ of interest.

4. Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement: Compose a convincing SOP that highlights your academic and professional ambitions, your reasons for wanting to pursue an MS, and your interest in the said course and university.

5. Recommendation Letters: LoRs are of prime importance in the application process. You will need to submit letters of recommendation from professors who can attest to your intellectual prowess and character.

6. Curriculum Vitae/Resume: Make a strong CV outlining your academic accomplishments, research expertise, apprenticeships, and any pertinent projects or publications you’ve submitted.

7. Plans your Finances: Look into the finance possibilities, scholarships, and opportunities for assistantship. International students studying in both, the UK and the US are offered scholarships.

8. Submission Deadlines: Each university has different deadlines, keep tabs on application deadlines for the programs of your choosing.

9. Visa Prerequisites: Familiarize yourself with the visa requirements to study in the UK or US. The application process for each country is unique, and you will require to apply for a student visa.

10. Prepare for Interviews (if necessary): As part of the application process, certain programs may require students to appear for interviews. Prepare for the same by evaluating your application documents and practicing your answers to such inquiries.

11. Submit your Applications: Via the official websites of the universities or through the application portals, submit your applications. Take note of all the necessary documents and costs.

On receiving admission offers, the next step involves preparing to migrate. As part of this, you should find accommodation, organize your funds, and get the required immunizations or medical exams done. Plan your travel beforehand, and on arrival, attend the orientation program held by the university. Prepare yourself for both academic and cultural adaptations. For assistance, consult academic counselors and avail international student services. Start socializing with other students and professors early. Search for internship openings that match your professional objectives.

The application process being cut-throat, you will need to begin well in advance and work hard on every part of your application. In addition, consult professors, mentors, and former students who have already undergone the procedure. All the very best for your MS journey!

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Sep 27, 2023

Dear Sushil ji, My husband completed his MBA from IIM dubai in 2009. Right now he is working as an Asst. Manager in a private industry from the last 14years. Now he is ready to make his goal as to study MS in USA by his own money. Now his age is 38years with 14years work experience. Can he apply for the universities in USA. If yes is he required GRE score for january '24 application? Please advice/suggest us. And aslo if yes please suggest which course are helpful for better future..
Ans: Hello D,

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am happy to hear about your husband’s plans to pursue an MS in the USA. To answer your question first, considering your husband’s background, having acquired 14 years of professional experience, and even at the age of 38 years, it is indeed possible for him to now apply for MS (Master’s of Science) programs in the United States. Candidates who have acquired different experiences are highly sought-after by a number of universities in the USA. Taking into account this factor, your husband’s MBA degree in 2009 from IIM Dubai, will definitely be a plus point, which I believe, in turn, will definitely make him an invaluable asset. I suggest that you take the below mentioned factors into consideration and then make a final decision:

1. Take into account your husband’s age and years of professional experience:
Your husband’s decision to pursue a Master’s degree in the USA is a wise choice. Although his age may not match the ages of the other candidates opting for a Master’s course, I would like to let you know that having acquired 14 years of professional experience will definitely serve as a plus point in this academic pursuit. Candidates with diverse work experiences having been employed at different companies, are often preferred by the Admissions committees. Your husband’s 14 years of professional experience surely brights to light his level of maturity, unwavering dedication, and the different ways in which he can prove to be a perfect fit for the program he intend pursuing.

2. Researching and Shortlisting Programs:
This is a crucial step in the application process, wherein your husband needs to conduct an extensive study and shortlist programs that align with his interests and academic objectives. Considering his background, I believe, he would surely wish to pursue management, and business-oriented programs or maybe programs in an associated field that matches his abilities. Accordingly, he can look into programs viz., Master of Science in Finance (MSF), Master of Science in Management (MSM), or Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT), etc. I suggest that he selects the perfect program, and for that he will need to investigate universities and the programs they have to offer, and finally select the one that best resonates with his professional ambitions.

3. Appearing for the GRE as a program prerequisite: Addressing your query concerning whether or not your husband would need to appear for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), I would like to inform that you will need to inquire with the specific university and program your husband intends applying for. Each university and program has varying prerequisites. In my opinion, the GRE standardized test may be a necessity while applying for certain programs. On the other hand, considering your husband’s past educational accomplishments and professional experience, other programs may not require him to appear for the GRE. I suggest that he meticulously investigates the entry criteria of the universities and courses he wishes to apply to.

4. Applying to universities and programs: As a part of the application procedure, your husband will need to submit important documents. I recommend that he prepares an excellent application. He will need to submit a compelling Statement of Purpose, endorsement letters from professors and employers who can attest to his academic achievements and character, as well as results of mandatory standardized exams. He should strongly focus on his professional experience and explain how it makes him the perfect fit for the program he intends applying to. I recommend that he begins the application process beforehand.

5. Plan your Finances: I know that studying in the USA is a costly affair, and for that reason, your husband should budget his finances correctly, so as to cover his cost of education, including living and tuition costs, as well as other miscellaneous expenditures. Also, a number of grants, scholarships, and other forms of financial aid, in addition to part-time employment possibilities, are offered by majority of the universities. I recommend that your husband looks into the available assistantships, scholarships etc. as these can help alleviate the high costs of studying.

6. Obtaining a Valid Visa and following Immigration Guidelines: Your husband, on securing admission, will be required to obtain a valid student visa in order to study in USA. An F-1 visa is the required one. I recommend that he conducts an extensive study and prepares for the visa application process.

7. Consider Long-Term Prospects: Your husband should take into account his prospects for the future and understand in what way the Master’s program opted for by him resonates with these prospects. I believe that undertaking internships, career guidance, and building connections while still pursuing his Master’s degree will go a long way in enabling your husband bag employment possibilities upon graduating.

Summarizing the above, I would like to tell you that taking both, your husband’s age and professional experience into account, he is eligible to apply for USA Master’s programs. Nevertheless, I recommend that he conducts a comprehensive research and opt for those courses that best match his aspirations. Not just that, he should also make a compelling application as well as possess a sound financial strategy. I also suggest that he finds out whether or not the particular programs require him to appear for the GRE or not, and that he adheres to other prerequisites for admission if required.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on May 29, 2024

Hello sir I m pursuing my CSE and am about to complete it after 2 months. Looking for prospects of going for MS abroad. Kindly guide me the universities and countries in order of preference taking in to consideration expenses part also and should I opt for MS in CSE or in specific area like AI & ML etc. Please also suggest how can I apply for the same.
Ans: Hello. Thank you for coming into contact with us. Pursuing a Master of Science (MS) abroad is a significant step that would boost your career prospects. Let me tell you that both CSE, AI, and ML are tremendously growing sectors. Pursuing either one would be advantageous for you. You may choose to pursue either of them, depending on where your interest lies.

In terms of the ideal countries where you can choose to pursue MS, the USA, Canada, Germany, the UK, and Australia are the best nations. The cost of studying in each nation may vary depending on the country. Furthermore, you can choose to pursue your desired program. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, Carnegie Mellon University, University of California, Berkeley, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, McGill University, University of Waterloo, and Technical University of Munich (TUM), among many others.

Best of luck for your future. For any further queries, please get in touch with us. We have a team of expert counsellors who can guide you through any concerns or questions you may have.

Hi I am a 35-year-old woman and my husband is 45. we are made for each other couple. we love each other and we do not have any compatibility issues except in romance. he is not very romantic and even throughout my younger years I was also not very romantic and immersed myself in studies and career. He is not very active in sex also. A few years back I told him that I wanted to be romantic after marriage and now we are not, so I missed my college and early office days when I was in my prime and could have been romantically involved with guys. Since I look very young even at 35, he suggested that I still can move around with guys and get romantic and I need not miss anything even now. though initially declining the offer, I moved a little freely toward men, mostly colleagues, and a few social club members. I encouraged late-night messages, coffee meets, movies, etc. I update my husband on every single event that happens. ex, if I went to a movie with a colleague, I will message my hubby " We kissed", if that happened. he encourages me so much and is happy with whatever is happening, cutting a long story short. though I didn't think it would go so far, I am now romantically very active. soft romance-like messages I do with many. Dating I don't say no to my known circle like colleagues, ex-colleagues, college mates, etc and almost 2-3 times a week I end up dating someone in a coffee shop, pub, or a long drive. A few times I initiate a date too. and I must confess that I have regular intimacy with four young men, all from the same office where I work. I have never hidden anything from my hubby and give a complete account every day. I offered to stop everything any moment he said. but he told me till age is there enjoy life!. I am emotionally connected to my husband only and I do all my responsibilities as a woman. Our relationship has grown manifold. My only question is, am I exploiting my husband's innocence or does he have a cuckold fantasy? If I continue the way I continue with no harm to anyone, can I keep doing it ( I love to). or I should stop at once?

After reading your question I understood that your partner and you have, what we call, an open relationship. As long as both partners are okay with the dynamics of it, and no one is emotionally hurt, or resisting, it should be okay. It isn't exploitation if your husband himself encourages you. You are both consenting adults and not harming each other or anyone else. As for your question, if he has a cuckold fantasy, that is something you should discuss with your husband. An open discussion is better than speculation. Also, at any time if you suspect that your husband is growing concerned about the nature of your relationship, ask him directly. It can help avoid misunderstandings.

Hello sir mai 28 year ki hoo mai abhi llb kar rahi hoo mai last 7 year se relationship mai hoo vo mujse 25 year bade hai saruaat 1 to 2 year inhone muje bhot priorities di ab hum 3 to 4 month mai kabhi milte hai hum dono alag alag city mai hai unki bhot badi family hai or finincially bhi problem chal rahi hai last 3 yaer se vo.muje priority nai de rahe hum.roj bat karte hai vo mera khyal bhi rakhte hai lekin muje unse ab dur nai hona mene sadi na karne ka decisions Liya hai lekin kitni bar bhot akela feel karti hoo vo muje itna time nai dete phele jaisa nai hai aisa lagta hai.fir vo ku6 help kar de ya pyar se bat bhi kar le.to.lagta hai sab theek hai mai.bhot confused hoo mai.kya karu muje kya karna chahiye ..

Dating someone older than you is not the problem, but the fact that you are making major life decisions based on what he wants and doesn't want is concerning. I am guessing that you decided to not get married because he doesn't want it either. Is that fair to you? You yourself mentioned that you often feel lonely. Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you deserve someone who would love you and would like to spend the rest of their life with you? Please reconsider this relationship. Speak to your partner and ask him what his plans are for the future. Does he want to settle down with you? How will you two continue this relationship in the future? There are many important questions that need answering. Sort them out and you will have the solution to your dilemma.