Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |55 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Apr 03, 2023

Harsh Bharwani is a fourth generation entrepreneur.
As CEO and managing director, he leads the international business and employability initiatives at the computer networking institute, Jetking Infotrain Limited.
After graduating from Delhi University, Bharwani joined the family business in 2010 and set up operations in the US and Vietnam.
Asked by Anonymous - Mar 27, 2023Translate

Hello Harsh, I am 33 yrs old, working as an SAP Consultant in an MNC company. I and one of my friend started one IT company in 2019 and at the same time we started one E-commerce company which we registered it in 2021 as a Pvt Ltd company. Initially, I brought a business of around 2.5L - 3L during the COVID time but most of the time we give in developing our E-commerce company. Due to this, we are unable to focus on our IT company. We have already given 3 years on our E-commerce and we have also launched 2 soaps and 2 essential oils with our own brand and manufactured from 3rd party vendor. Right now both companies are loss-making. I want your suggestion as to which company I should focus on more so that I can bring revenue and make it profitable. I want your guidance.

Ans: It seems like you and your friend are currently running two companies - an IT company and an E-commerce company. While the E-commerce company has been your primary focus and you have launched your own brand of products, both companies are currently loss-making.
To make a decision about which company to focus on, you may want to consider a few things:
1. Revenue potential: Consider the revenue potential of each company. Which company has the potential to generate more revenue in the near future?
2. Market demand: Evaluate the market demand for the products/services offered by each company. Which company has a larger market demand and growth potential?
3. Your expertise: Consider your expertise and experience in both industries. Which company are you more knowledgeable about and can you bring more value to?
4. Cost and resources: Evaluate the cost and resources required to run each company. Which company requires more investment and resources?
Based on the above factors, you can decide which company to focus on. You may also want to consider the possibility of merging the two companies or scaling down one of them to focus on the other.
It is important to remember that building a successful business takes time and effort. It is not uncommon for businesses to experience losses in the early stages. Keep persevering and continue to innovate and adapt to the changing market conditions.
I hope this advice helps you make a decision about which company to focus on. Good luck!

Chandu

Chandu Nair  |55 Answers  |Ask -

VC, Angel Investing, Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Apr 15, 2023

Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |55 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Apr 12, 2023

We have two start-up companies, an IT company incorporated in 2019 that has brought in a business of more than 3 lacs during its initial stage, and an organic product company incorporated in 2021 that has already launched 2 soaps and 2 essential oils. To which company we should give more priority now as both are loss-making?

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations