Home > Career > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

Sushil Sukhwani  |94 Answers  |Ask -

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Sep 12, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 10, 2023

My daughter wants to pursue LLM from abroad and for settling She is currently working in an energy law firm. Please suggest country and university from where she should do her Masters.

Ans: Hello,

To begin with, thank you for getting in touch with us. Different factors, viz., your daughter’s interests in energy law and her career objectives play a key role in selecting a country and university to pursue a Master of Law (LLM) degree overseas. Mentioned below are a few countries and universities that are renowned for their robust LLM programs in energy law:

1. The UK:
• University of Dundee: This university is renowned for its Center for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, and offers a variety of LLM programs in energy and natural resources law.
• University of Aberdeen: Aberdeen is at the forefront for energy-related studies. The university offers a globally acclaimed LLM in Energy Law program.

2. The USA:
• Harvard Law School: Here students are offered an extensive LLM program with an emphasis on environmental law and policy, that may be pertinent to energy law.
• University of Texas at Austin (UT Austin): A well-known Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources Law program is offered at UT Austin's School of Law. Texas, a hotspot for the energy industry, this makes it an ideal location to study energy law.

3. Australia:
• University of Sydney: An LLM program in Environmental Law and a Global Energy Law & Governance program is offered at Sydney Law School. This program may be related to energy law.

4. Germany:
• University of Cologne: The country is an expanding market for energy law. An LLM in Energy and Environmental Law is offered at Germany’s University of Cologne.

5. Canada:
• University of Calgary: Canada is an important contributor in the energy industry. An LLM program concentrating in natural resources, energy, and environmental law is offered at the University of Calgary.

6. Singapore:
• National University of Singapore (NUS): With a strong emphasis on energy and environmental law, an LLM program in International and Comparative Law is offered at NUS.

7. Netherlands:
• University of Groningen: This university’s Groningen Centre of Energy Law is an esteemed organization, and offers an LLM in Energy and Climate Law, centered on international and European energy law.

Your daughter should conduct an extensive study on each program, take into account the closeness of the area to her professional interests, and look into the available scholarship options, living expenses, and visa prerequisites. Getting in touch with past or present students pursuing these programs to better understand their experiences can also prove beneficial. Finally, her decision should match her interests and professional objectives.

For more information, you can visit our website.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below


Sushil Sukhwani  |94 Answers  |Ask -

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jul 03, 2023

Hello Sir/Madam, My daughter is completing her 3rd year B.Tech (Information Science) this year. SGPA is 7.50 in all previous years. she wants to do her MS after completing her B.Tech. She wants to persue her MS in Germany or UK. My query is should she do her internship next year in India or get a job here or else in a foreign country. I am confused. Please help.
Ans: Hello Stan,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. Congratulations to your daughter as she finishes her third year of a B.Tech. program! It's a wise choice to pursue an MS following graduation, and both Germany and the UK have top-notch higher education options. Her internship decision is based on a variety of criteria and personal preferences.

Gaining international experience through an internship in a foreign nation can be useful if your daughter intends to study abroad for her MS. This experience will not only boost her profile, but will also allow her to become acquainted with the work culture and professional environment in another country. Additionally, it may be a chance for her to network and create connections that can help her future professional chances.

Internships abroad, however, may provide unique difficulties, including visa restrictions, language problems, and cultural acculturation. If your daughter wishes to stay in India, she can think about pursuing an internship with a respectable company in her industry. She will be exposed to the industry while also gaining useful real-world experience. She can also look at employment prospects in India, which will advance her career.

The choice should ultimately be in line with your daughter's ambitions, long-term objectives, and circumstances. Researching the particular criteria and opportunities in Germany and the UK, speaking with academic advisors or career counselors, and taking into account various issues like cost, language ability, and potential future career paths may all be helpful for her.

We mainly deal with overseas education. If your daughter is considering pursuing an education abroad, then please contact us. Thanks!

For more information, you can visit our website.
Latest Questions

Sanjeev Govila  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 23, 2023


Sanjeev Govila  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 23, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 14, 2023
Sir, I just retired from my service @60yrs. I will get my PF+other fund ₹50L. Please advice how to invest the amount so that my principal not disputed and I can get ₹30,000 pm for my monthly expenses. My family of 2 persons are covered ₹50L health insurance. Regards
Ans: Considering your age and your requirement, you will need to invest in a mix of debt and equity instruments. Here are some investment options available to you:-

• Senior Citizens’ Savings Scheme (SCSS) – This is a pure debt instruments and provides guaranteed returns of 8.2% per annum. The interest is paid quarterly. The maximum amount that you can invest is Rs. 30 Lakhs.

• Corporate FDs – It provides you return more than the regular bank FDs. It contains two options i.e. cumulative and non-cumulative.

• Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS): This is another government-backed scheme that offers guaranteed monthly income. The current interest rate is 7.1%.

• Debt Mutual Funds: As your main concern is to protect the principal amount you may consider debt funds and monthly income can be achieved through the route of SWP (systematic withdrawal plan).

• Equity mutual funds: Equity mutual funds offer the highest potential returns, but they are also the riskiest. A small portion of the amount can be invested in the equity mutual funds for growth of the money in the long-term horizon.

It is good to know that you are adequately insured for any healthcare emergency.

Your requirement of Rs. 30,000 will be changing in the future due to inflation, hence you should consult with your financial advisor for a proper increasing income or SWP (systematic withdrawal plan) which can help you to ensure sufficient amount available for your monthly expenses.

Sanjeev Govila  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 23, 2023

Hi Sir, I worked a small level company between 01.02.2018 to 30.04.2021. They paid standard EPF contribution of Rs. 1800/- from my side they deducting the same of Rs. 1800/-. After I exit the company I applied the EPF Withdrawl (both contribution) on 06.05.2023 and it was rejected by the officer and the reason was mentioned "Claim Rejeced EQUAL SHARE 07/18". The Employer deposit the July 2018 share in wrongly i.e. The deposited Rs. 1800/- in Employee Share and Rs. 1800/- employer Share and Pension is " 0 ". instead of Rs.1800/- as employee, Rs. 550/- as Employer and Rs.1250/- as pension contribution. When I sent a 2 continues mail to EPF they taking my query as a grivience and sent a query to the employer. But Still they not close the issue. How to I approch them to clear my claim. Because there is no mistake from my side. Thanks in Advance. Narayanan
Ans: I understand that your EPF withdrawal claim has been rejected due to an error in your employer's contribution. This is frustrating, but it is important to remember that you are not alone. Many people experience problems with their EPF claims, especially when their employers make mistakes.

When filing a grievance, be sure to provide clear and concise information about the issue. You should also include any relevant documentation, such as your EPF statement and the revised Form 11 from your employer (if you have one).

Once you have filed a grievance, the EPFO will investigate the matter and try to resolve it. This process can take some time, but it is important to be patient.

Here are some additional tips:

• Keep track of all your communication with the EPFO. This includes emails, phone calls, and visits to the office.
• If you are not satisfied with the EPFO's response, you can escalate the issue to the regional or national level. You can also mail on employeefeedback @ epfindia.gov.in for the redressal of your grievance.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds