Praseeja

Praseeja Nambiar  |32 Answers  |Ask -

Career Counselling Expert - Answered on May 27, 2023

An internationally certified career coach, Praseeja Nambiar works as a counsellor at the Stonehill International School, Bengaluru.
In the last nine years, she has helped over 1,000 students with their admissions into Indian and international universities.
Nambiar received her training from Global Career Counselling and the University of California, LA (UCLA) Extension and is certified as a career coach by Certified Career Services Provider.
She contributes to the International Career and College Counselling institute by training other counsellors across the globe.
Akul Question by Akul on May 26, 2023Translate

My daughter secured AIR 8th in Maharashtra law enterance exam for 3 year LLB, she is eligible for GLC mumbai and ILS Pune. Can u suggest which college is best from both. As we lives in Delhi she will be appearing for DU llb also. Which college is best from all these. Pls suggest Thanks Akul

Ans: Hi Akul
DU LLB will be the best. In comparison now, I feel ILS Pune is better.

Mayank Kumar  |189 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on Aug 10, 2023

Hi, my daughter want to pursue integrated law.She got admission in Christ lavasa,pune. How is the college.is it worth sending her there
Ans: Christ (Deemed to be University) is accredited by the NAAC and enjoys a great reputation among India's Top colleges. Hence, it is safe to rely on the kind of education and opportunities it would offer across campuses. You can also consider the following parameters to evaluate if the program will add any value:
a) It is advised to check if the institution is accredited by relevant educational bodies
b) Learn about the qualifications and experience of the faculty members in the law program
c) Check the campus infrastructure, libraries, moot courtrooms, and other facilities necessary for a comprehensive legal education
d) Another critical aspect is to check the placement track record; if the program provides opportunities for internships and placements in reputed law firms, corporate legal departments, or other relevant organizations.
e) Examine the curriculum to ensure that it covers a wide range of legal subjects and provides practical exposure through moot court competitions, internships, and workshops.
f) Go through online reviews, alumni feedback, and opinions from professionals in the legal field can provide insights
g) Understand the extracurricular activities the curriculum provides - opportunities for participation in moot court competitions, seminars, workshops, or legal aid clinics
h)A strong alumni network will also be helpful in providing valuable connections
i) Evaluate the tuition fees, scholarships, and any other financial aspects to ensure they align with your budget and expectations
j) If possible visit the campus and interact with faculty members, students, and administrators to get a feel for the institution's environment and culture.
k) Alternatively, she must also explore similar programs that can be pursued online - there are many Edtechs that offer rigorous-training based modules to ensure there's tangible career growth at the end of the program, as good as any offline counterpart.

Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |57 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Hello Sir, Don't disclose my name, I am working in boarding school from last 2 year's, last year principal changed and he is giving lot of work (harassing staff ) so around 50% of staff left the school. he is not appointing new staff also. hardly 2-3 staff he has appointed. In my department 3 staff ware there now I am alone, he is not appointing any one, so I am alone handling all the classes. he has increased the work also. So I decided to leave the work and I got the work also. I have sent my resignation letter through mail. In my appointment letter they have mentioned “During the probation period your service may be terminated by ONE MONTH NOTICE on “either side or Salary in lieu of notice” and The relieving date in all circumstances will not be earlier than the last day of the academic year unless the school terminates. if you are working on any assignment when you tender your resignation such assignment must be completed to the satisfaction of the school before your services will be released. As allocation of subject teaching is a duty allocated for the academic year the reliving date will not be earlier than the last date of the academic year in which the resignation is tender. The school does not encourage mid term session dis continuation of services. School academic year will ends in April. At the time of appointment they have taken all my original certificates. But when I sent my resignation with one month notice period they replied as per your request, you will be relived after the completion of required formalities and work as per service rules. But, yet they are not mentioning what are the work to complete. After one month notice period immediately I have to join my new job. otherwise i will miss my opportunity. orally simply they are extending my date. At present they have extended 15 days after my last day of my notice period. kindly guide me how to solve the problem, get back my originals and join my new job smoothly. Regards
Ans: Please consult a lawyer