Home > Career > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

Sushil Sukhwani  |94 Answers  |Ask -

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jun 05, 2023

Saurabh Question by Saurabh on Jun 03, 2023

My Daughter is Class IX wants to be a forensic expert may be from a foreign university, what is the education and career path she will take, also good university option for this course in India and abroad

Ans: Hello Saurabh,

First and foremost, thank you for contacting us. Your daughter must pursue a certain educational program and job path in order to become a forensic expert. She can take the following broad steps:

Education Route:
1. Finish Classes IX, X, XI, and XII: Your daughter must do well in high school, concentrating on science courses like Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.

2. Bachelor's Degree: She must seek an undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree in a relevant field after graduating from high school. Although no specialized undergraduate degree is required to become a forensic expert, your daughter can pursue programs such as Forensic Science, Chemistry, Biology, or Criminology. Choosing a program that includes coursework in forensic science, criminal investigation, and related fields is crucial.

3. Graduate (Master's) Degree (Optional): Though not necessarily required, earning a Master's in Forensic Science or a closely connected discipline can improve her understanding and career options. Advanced roles in the field could also call for it.

Career Route:
1. Acquire Experience: Your daughter must have real-world experience throughout her education. She can partake in internships, volunteer opportunities, or research projects in forensic laboratories or allied organizations. This will give her practical experience and aid in laying a solid basis.

2. Specialization: Numerous specializations in forensic science are available, including forensic anthropology, forensic biology, forensic toxicology, and forensic chemistry. Your daughter can pursue a specific area of interest and focus her studies and career on it.

3. Join Professional Groups: Encourage your daughter to join professional organizations viz. the American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS) or other similar societies. These organizations provide networking opportunities, conferences, and tools to assist her stay current on the newest breakthroughs in the profession.

University Options: There are a number of foreign universities that offer forensic science programs. It is critical to investigate each university's individual program, curriculum, faculty, and available specializations to discover which one best matches your daughter's interests and professional ambitions.

Forensic science is a broad discipline with several job prospects in crime laboratories, research organizations, consulting firms, and law enforcement agencies. To succeed in her forensic science career, encourage your daughter to get experience, pursue higher education, and keep current with industry developments.

Provide us with more information as to which particular country your daughter is planning to study at and we will be happy to help.

For more information, you can visit our website.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below


Mayank Chandel  |258 Answers  |Ask -

IIT-JEE, NEET-UG, SAT, CLAT, CA, CS Exam Expert - Answered on May 03, 2023

Latest Questions

Sanjeev Govila  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 23, 2023


Sanjeev Govila  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 23, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 14, 2023
Sir, I just retired from my service @60yrs. I will get my PF+other fund ₹50L. Please advice how to invest the amount so that my principal not disputed and I can get ₹30,000 pm for my monthly expenses. My family of 2 persons are covered ₹50L health insurance. Regards
Ans: Considering your age and your requirement, you will need to invest in a mix of debt and equity instruments. Here are some investment options available to you:-

• Senior Citizens’ Savings Scheme (SCSS) – This is a pure debt instruments and provides guaranteed returns of 8.2% per annum. The interest is paid quarterly. The maximum amount that you can invest is Rs. 30 Lakhs.

• Corporate FDs – It provides you return more than the regular bank FDs. It contains two options i.e. cumulative and non-cumulative.

• Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS): This is another government-backed scheme that offers guaranteed monthly income. The current interest rate is 7.1%.

• Debt Mutual Funds: As your main concern is to protect the principal amount you may consider debt funds and monthly income can be achieved through the route of SWP (systematic withdrawal plan).

• Equity mutual funds: Equity mutual funds offer the highest potential returns, but they are also the riskiest. A small portion of the amount can be invested in the equity mutual funds for growth of the money in the long-term horizon.

It is good to know that you are adequately insured for any healthcare emergency.

Your requirement of Rs. 30,000 will be changing in the future due to inflation, hence you should consult with your financial advisor for a proper increasing income or SWP (systematic withdrawal plan) which can help you to ensure sufficient amount available for your monthly expenses.

Sanjeev Govila  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 23, 2023

Hi Sir, I worked a small level company between 01.02.2018 to 30.04.2021. They paid standard EPF contribution of Rs. 1800/- from my side they deducting the same of Rs. 1800/-. After I exit the company I applied the EPF Withdrawl (both contribution) on 06.05.2023 and it was rejected by the officer and the reason was mentioned "Claim Rejeced EQUAL SHARE 07/18". The Employer deposit the July 2018 share in wrongly i.e. The deposited Rs. 1800/- in Employee Share and Rs. 1800/- employer Share and Pension is " 0 ". instead of Rs.1800/- as employee, Rs. 550/- as Employer and Rs.1250/- as pension contribution. When I sent a 2 continues mail to EPF they taking my query as a grivience and sent a query to the employer. But Still they not close the issue. How to I approch them to clear my claim. Because there is no mistake from my side. Thanks in Advance. Narayanan
Ans: I understand that your EPF withdrawal claim has been rejected due to an error in your employer's contribution. This is frustrating, but it is important to remember that you are not alone. Many people experience problems with their EPF claims, especially when their employers make mistakes.

When filing a grievance, be sure to provide clear and concise information about the issue. You should also include any relevant documentation, such as your EPF statement and the revised Form 11 from your employer (if you have one).

Once you have filed a grievance, the EPFO will investigate the matter and try to resolve it. This process can take some time, but it is important to be patient.

Here are some additional tips:

• Keep track of all your communication with the EPFO. This includes emails, phone calls, and visits to the office.
• If you are not satisfied with the EPFO's response, you can escalate the issue to the regional or national level. You can also mail on employeefeedback @ epfindia.gov.in for the redressal of your grievance.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds