Parthiban T R

Parthiban T R   |173 Answers  |Ask -

Parthiban TR, a former professor, has been working in the fields of training and learning development for over 17 years.
As a career counsellor and mentor, he has been tutoring students from Classes I to XII (predominantly CBSE), UG (engineering) and others for nearly a decade.
He has worked as a lecturer and professor at the Kuppam Engineering College, Kuppam; the NRI Group of Institutions in Bhopal; and the Bhopal Institute of Technology and Science in Bhopal.
Parthiban qualified for GATE in 2002, 2011 and 2013 and has been training aspirants to prepare for NEET-UG and IIT-JEE.
Sima Question by Sima on Jun 19, 2024Hindi

My daughter get 79.8 in jee and 95 in mhtcet Kya drop Lena chahiye

Ans: No. Kisliye drop lena hai?
Agar aap samay ka value karte ho tho aap bejhijhak kisi achche se college me admission le lo aur apni yatra praarambh kar lo. Meri shubhkaamnayein,
Agar koi doubt ho tho fir likhen.

Chocko

Chocko Valliappa  |356 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Entrepreneur, Educationist - Answered on Jul 22, 2024

A doctorate from IIT Bombay in Metallurgy and masters from NIT in Manufacturing with 5 years of experience including 2 years in academics and currently working from past 3 years in industry where I work mostly on finite element analyst of forging and bulk extrusion process and New product development as manager heading a team of 5 people. I have working knowledge of 3-4 FE software related to metal forming domain along with ANSYS STRUCTURAL. Despite that I am not getting any interview calls as I am currently looking for a job switch and have put up my profile both on NAUKRI AND LINKEDIN. Some calls are coming to me but that are all irrelevant profiles in which my expertise is not there. I have been trying for the past 6 months but have not got any positive response. Despite such a highly educated person from premier institute and not getting any response is highly depressing. Could you suggest how to apply and where to apply and any other website where I shall make my profile to get a positive response ? Thanks. .................
Ans: You have accomplished academic background and work in a very specialised area. You may have to expand your job search to a broader field of Metalurgy, Product Managment, Operations and not be limited to Finite Element analysis. Think through again and look for companies active in the field of metallury and users and producers of Steel, Metals. You may also look at academics. Use your academic contacts in the two IIT--IIT B and NIT, previous employers and seek their help in connecting you with possible openings. You also need to give yourself more time and be optimistic.

Meri umar 46 sal hai 60ke bad 2lak rs mahine ka inkam chahta hun sip me ktane investment karu
Ans: Planning for Post-Retirement Income
You are 46 years old and want a monthly income of Rs 2 lakh after 60. Let's create a strategy to achieve this goal through SIP investments.

Assessing Your Current Situation
Current Age: 46 years
Retirement Age: 60 years
Target Monthly Income Post-Retirement: Rs 2 lakh
Time Horizon: 14 years
Estimating Required Corpus
To generate a monthly income of Rs 2 lakh, you need a substantial retirement corpus. Let's estimate the corpus required using a safe withdrawal rate of 4%.

Annual Income Required: Rs 2 lakh x 12 = Rs 24 lakh
Corpus Needed: Rs 24 lakh / 4% = Rs 6 crore
SIP Investment Strategy
To accumulate Rs 6 crore in 14 years, consistent SIP investments are crucial. Let's determine the monthly SIP amount needed.

Calculate Monthly SIP Amount
The calculation involves assumptions about expected returns. Assume an annual return of 12% from equity mutual funds.

Using an online SIP calculator:

Corpus Required: Rs 6 crore
Time Horizon: 14 years
Expected Annual Return: 12%
The estimated monthly SIP amount needed is around Rs 1 lakh.

Recommendations for SIP Investments
Diversify Your Portfolio
Equity Funds: Focus on diversified equity funds for higher growth.
Balanced Funds: Include balanced funds for stability and moderate returns.
Debt Funds: Allocate a portion to debt funds for lower risk.
Regularly Review and Adjust
Monitor Performance: Regularly review your portfolio's performance.
Adjust Allocations: Adjust allocations based on market conditions and goals.
Gradually Increase SIP Amount
Step-Up SIP: Increase your SIP amount annually to boost corpus growth.
Bonus or Increment: Use bonuses or salary increments to increase investments.
To achieve a post-retirement income of Rs 2 lakh per month, you need to accumulate around Rs 6 crore.

Start with a monthly SIP of around Rs 1 lakh.
Diversify your investments across equity, balanced, and debt funds.
Regularly review and adjust your portfolio.
Gradually increase your SIP amount over time.
By following this strategy, you can achieve your retirement income goal. Consult a Certified Financial Planner to tailor the plan to your specific needs and circumstances.

Hi My per annum package is around Rs. 21 lacs. I have a home loan EMI of Rs. Rs. 2.28 lacs. I have investment of Rs. 3.6 lacs in various insurance schems. Apart from that I have some investment of Rs. 200000 in MF. Please guide me how much investment I need to do for tax savings ?
Ans: Income and Existing Investments
Annual Package: Rs 21 lakhs
Home Loan EMI: Rs 2.28 lakhs per annum
Insurance Investments: Rs 3.6 lakhs
Mutual Fund Investments: Rs 2 lakhs
Tax Saving Investments Under Section 80C
To maximize tax savings under Section 80C, you can invest up to Rs 1.5 lakhs per annum. Here’s a breakdown:

Existing Eligible Investments
Home Loan Principal Repayment: Part of your home loan EMI goes towards principal repayment, which qualifies under Section 80C.
Insurance Premiums: The Rs 3.6 lakhs in insurance schemes might include premium payments that are eligible under Section 80C.
Additional Investments Required
Calculate Existing Deductions: First, identify the portion of your EMI and insurance premiums that qualify for Section 80C. Let's assume your home loan principal repayment is Rs 1 lakh per annum and the insurance premiums are Rs 50,000 per annum.
Investment Suggestions for Additional Tax Savings
To fully utilize the Rs 1.5 lakhs limit, you need to invest an additional Rs 50,000.

Equity-Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS)
Benefits: ELSS funds offer tax savings and have the potential for high returns.
Lock-in Period: They come with a 3-year lock-in period, the shortest among all tax-saving options under Section 80C.
Benefits: PPF offers tax-free returns and is a safe investment option.
Lock-in Period: 15-year lock-in, but partial withdrawals are allowed after the 7th year.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
Benefits: If you have a daughter, SSY is a good option with attractive interest rates and tax benefits.
Lock-in Period: Till the daughter turns 21 or gets married after the age of 18.
National Savings Certificate (NSC)
Benefits: NSC is a safe investment option with a fixed interest rate.
Lock-in Period: 5 years.
Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
Benefits: You can contribute more than your mandatory EPF contribution.
Returns: Similar to EPF returns and safe.
Other Tax-Saving Sections
Section 80D - Health Insurance Premium
Benefits: Deduction up to Rs 25,000 for self, spouse, and children. Additional Rs 25,000 for parents under 60 and Rs 50,000 if they are over 60.
Section 80E - Education Loan Interest
Benefits: Deduction on interest paid on education loans for higher studies.
Section 24 - Home Loan Interest
Benefits: Deduction up to Rs 2 lakhs on interest paid on home loan.
Review and Reallocate Existing Investments
Insurance Policies
Evaluation: Assess if your insurance policies are purely for investment or provide adequate life cover.
Reallocation: Consider surrendering or reducing investment-cum-insurance policies and reallocating to mutual funds.
Focus on Growth: Since your goal is wealth creation, consider allocating more to equity funds for higher growth potential.
Maximize Section 80C: Utilize the full Rs 1.5 lakh limit under Section 80C with a mix of ELSS, PPF, and SSY.
Diversify: Ensure your portfolio is diversified across different asset classes for balanced growth and risk management.
Regular Monitoring: Periodically review and adjust your investments to stay aligned with your financial goals.
Certified Financial Planner: Consider consulting a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice and strategy.