Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Nov 22, 2023

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more
vimal Question by vimal on Nov 21, 2023Translate

My daugher is doing BDS from Ahmedabad. what are the chances in india for the job after completing BDS, if she dont want to open her clinic? Is there any bright chances in abroad like canada to persue higher studies in same filed or to do practice after dentist after completing BDS from india

Ans: Hello Vimal,

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am happy to hear that your daughter is pursuing her Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS). To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that on completing her degree in India, it is possible for your daughter to pursue higher studies or practice dentistry abroad. You would be happy to know that dental graduates from India are presented with many opportunities to further their education or to practice dentistry by a number of countries, including Canada.

I would like to let you know that in order to qualify for licensure in Canada, international dental graduates are generally required to go through a process of assessment and examinations. With an aim to access their abilities and knowledge in the field of dentistry, this procedure may entail exams, and if necessary, further training or education. Nevertheless, remember that the specified prerequisites for each province may differ, and for that reason I would suggest that you conduct an extensive study and comprehend the rules in the province you choose to practice in.

In addition, bear in mind that in numerous nations, including Canada, you can also pursue programs specializing in dentistry, or study further viz., a Master's degree. Although having unique admission standards and requirements, a path to greater specialization and professional growth in the area of dentistry, is offered by these programs. Remember that while it is possible to explore possibilities abroad after earning a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from India, I would recommend that you conduct an all-round study on the prerequisites and procedures required to study or practice dentistry in your preferred country.

Rohit

Rohit Gupta  |52 Answers  |Ask -

Edtech/Online Education Expert - Answered on Feb 07, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 24, 2023Translate
My son is currently pursuing his B DES from Anant National University. What are the career prospects after BDES. Kindly let me know. is it better to go for PG in the chosen field or first gain work experience?
Ans: After getting his B.Des., your son can do many different jobs. A bachelor's degree in design allows him to work for design consulting firms, advertising agencies, product design firms, fashion houses, or even start his own design company.

His job goals and personal tastes will help him decide whether to get a PG degree or work experience. Getting a PG degree might help him if he wants to learn more about advanced ideas or become an expert in a certain design area. It allows him to learn more, improve what he does, and build a strong business network. In addition, an Online PG Degree route could give him more freedom by letting him keep working while he studies.

In contrast, getting work experience right after getting his B.Des. can also be helpful. It gives him real-life creative problems to solve, improves his problem-solving skills, and lets him build a collection of projects. In addition, working in the field gives you important experiences that you can only sometimes learn in a classroom, like how to deal with clients, design things, and handle projects.

In the end, tell your son to carefully consider all of his choices, considering his personal preferences and long-term job goals. He should always learn, change, and grow in the fast-paced field of design, whether he gets a PG degree first or gets work experience first.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Nov 08, 2023

My daughter is doing BDS(Bachelor of Dental Surgery) in India, what are the opportunities BDS graduates from India in USA for Postgraduate studies and what are prerequisites for it?
Ans: Hello Venkata,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am happy to hear that your daughter is pursuing her Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) in India and is keen on pursuing her postgraduate studies in the USA. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that although postgraduate studies in Dentistry can be pursued by BDS graduates in the USA, they will need to take into consideration certain requirements and things. The academic prerequisites put in place by the American Dental Association (ADA) as well as the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) will need to be first fulfilled by them. This generally entails finishing a doctoral program in dentistry that is for a duration of 4 years, one that compares to a D.D.S. i.e. (Doctor of Dental Surgery) or D.M.D. i.e. (Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry or Doctor of Dental Medicine) degree in the USA.

Graduates of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) may be required to complete an Advanced Standing Program in a dental school in the USA which is for a duration of 2 years, in order to pursue postgraduate studies. I would like to tell you that these programs are intended to fill in the gap between dentistry education provided in other countries and one that if offered in the USA. Also remember that you daughter will be required to pass the IELTS or TOEFL English proficiency tests to demonstrate her English language competency, as well as the National Board Dental Examination (NBDE). In addition, she will also need to obtain robust endorsement letters from professors or employers and showcase pertinent work experience. As the entrance prerequisites for dental schools in the USA might differ, and as there may be fierce competition for these programs, I would recommend that your daughter conducts an extensive study on certain dental schools. Lastly, I would like to say that with commitment and through satisfying the mandatory prerequisites, securing admission to a postgraduate dental program in the USA is definitely attainable.

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Dear sir,I am compulsory retired from psu, as a senior Manager still I am having 5 years For matured retirement. Is there any jobs available for me?
Ans: As a senior manager with significant experience and five years until mature retirement, you have valuable skills and expertise that can be applied to various job opportunities. Here are some potential avenues to explore:

Industry Consultancy: Consider offering consultancy services in your industry. Your extensive experience can be valuable to companies seeking expertise in areas such as operations management, strategic planning, or process optimization.

Freelancing or Contract Work: Explore opportunities for freelancing or contract work in your field. Many companies, especially startups or smaller businesses, may require temporary support for specific projects or initiatives.

Part-Time or Remote Work: Look for part-time or remote work opportunities that allow for flexibility and work-life balance. Many organizations offer remote positions for experienced professionals, including roles in project management, consulting, or advisory services.

Government or NGO Roles: Investigate opportunities in government agencies or non-governmental organizations (NGOs) where your experience and expertise can be beneficial. These organizations often have positions available in areas such as policy development, program management, or capacity building.

Teaching or Training: Consider sharing your knowledge and expertise by pursuing opportunities in teaching or training roles. Universities, colleges, training institutes, and corporate training departments may seek experienced professionals to teach courses or conduct workshops in your field.

Professional Associations and Networks: Join professional associations and networks related to your industry. These platforms can provide access to job opportunities, networking events, and professional development resources.

Entrepreneurship: Explore the possibility of starting your own business or venture based on your expertise and interests. Entrepreneurship allows you to leverage your experience to create innovative solutions or services within your industry.

Career Counseling and Coaching: With your extensive experience, you could consider a career in counseling or coaching, helping individuals navigate their career paths, develop skills, and achieve their professional goals.

Online Platforms: Utilize online job platforms, networking sites like LinkedIn, and specialized recruitment agencies to explore job opportunities tailored to your skills and experience.

Upskilling and Continuous Learning: Stay updated with industry trends, technologies, and best practices through continuous learning and upskilling. Investing in certifications, attending workshops, or pursuing advanced education can enhance your marketability and open doors to new opportunities.

Remember to tailor your job search approach to your interests, strengths, and career goals. Networking, maintaining a strong online presence, and staying proactive in your job search efforts can significantly increase your chances of finding fulfilling opportunities in your mature retirement phase.

i served education institute as approved Asso Professor. superannuated before 2 years but no gratuity is paid.what next?
Ans: If you have superannuated from an educational institute and have not received your gratuity even after two years, you should take the following steps:

Check Employment Contract or Policy:

Review your employment contract or the institute's policy to understand the terms and conditions regarding gratuity. It should outline the eligibility criteria and the process for payment.
Contact HR or Administration:

Reach out to the Human Resources (HR) department or administration of the educational institute. Inquire about the status of your gratuity and seek clarification on any delays.
Written Communication:

If verbal communication does not yield results, send a written communication (email or letter) to the HR department, clearly stating the issue, mentioning your superannuation date, and seeking information on the status of your gratuity.
Gather Documentation:

Ensure you have all the necessary documentation related to your employment, superannuation, and gratuity. This may include appointment letters, salary slips, and any other relevant records.
Legal Consultation:

If your attempts to resolve the issue internally are unsuccessful, consider seeking legal advice. Consult with a lawyer who specializes in labor or employment law to understand your rights and options.
Labor Department Complaint:

In some jurisdictions, labor departments or government authorities handle labor-related disputes. You may file a complaint with the appropriate labor department or ombudsman, providing details of the non-payment of gratuity.
Employee Welfare Associations:

If applicable, involve any employee welfare or union representatives who may assist in addressing the issue.
Mediation or Conciliation:

Some jurisdictions have mediation or conciliation services to resolve employment-related disputes. Explore these options as an alternative to legal action.
Legal Action:

If all else fails, you may need to consider legal action to claim your gratuity. Your lawyer can guide you on the appropriate legal steps to take in your jurisdiction.
It's crucial to act promptly and keep records of all communication related to the non-payment of gratuity. The specific steps and options available to you may vary depending on the labor laws in your country or region. Consulting with a legal professional familiar with local employment laws is advisable to ensure you take the most appropriate course of action.

Asked by Anonymous - Dec 13, 2023Translate
Presently I work as Asst VP in formulation R&D and my CTC is 72 lakhs. I have a total of 21 years experience post Ph.D degree. How does my salary compare to pharma industry standards? Is it in line with the industry trend or higher than average or lower?
Ans: Determining whether your salary is in line with industry standards can be influenced by various factors, including your role, responsibilities, the company's size, location, and overall market conditions. However, your current salary of 72 lakhs as an Assistant Vice President in Formulation R&D with 21 years of experience post-Ph.D. seems competitive and well above average for the pharmaceutical industry.

To get a more accurate benchmark, you might consider:

Industry Reports: Explore industry reports and salary surveys specific to the pharmaceutical sector. Organizations like Aon, Mercer, or local industry associations may publish such reports.

Networking: Connect with professionals in similar roles through industry events, LinkedIn, or professional organizations. Discussing compensation trends can provide valuable insights.

Consulting with HR: Speak with your company's HR department to understand how your compensation aligns with the company's salary structure and industry standards.

Job Portals: Check job portals for similar positions in your region to see the salary ranges offered by other companies for comparable roles.

Geographical Considerations: Keep in mind that salaries can vary significantly based on geographical locations. A salary that is competitive in one region may be considered high or low in another.

Market Demand: Assess the demand for professionals in your role. If there is a high demand for individuals with your skill set and experience, it could contribute to a higher salary.

Ultimately, while salary is an important factor, it's also crucial to consider other aspects of your compensation package, such as benefits, bonuses, and opportunities for career growth. If you feel satisfied with your overall package, including non-monetary benefits, and your compensation aligns with your responsibilities and the industry standards, then it's likely that your salary is competitive. If you have specific concerns, discussing them with your HR department or seeking advice from industry professionals can provide more tailored insights.

I am 84 but due to acute financial problems fcg even groceey problems looking for English to Hindi Translation job
Ans: I'm sorry to hear about your challenges. Finding an English to Hindi translation job can be challenging, but there are a few platforms where you can explore opportunities:

Freelance Platforms:

Websites like Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr often have translation projects. You can create a profile and bid on relevant jobs.
Translation Agencies:

Contact translation agencies and offer your services. Many agencies look for experienced translators for various language pairs.
Online Job Portals:

Keep an eye on job portals like Indeed or Naukri, where companies occasionally post translation-related job opportunities.
Language Learning Platforms:

Some language learning apps and websites may also require translation services. Check platforms like Duolingo, Babbel, or Rosetta Stone.
Community Centers:

Local community centers or language learning institutions might have occasional translation needs.
Online Volunteer Platforms:

Consider volunteering your translation services on platforms like Translators without Borders or UN Volunteers.
Networking:

Leverage your network. Inform friends, family, or acquaintances about your skills and let them know you are looking for translation opportunities.
Local Businesses:

Visit local businesses, especially those serving diverse communities, and inquire if they need translation services.
Government Programs:

Some government programs or NGOs may require translation services. Check with local offices or online platforms for opportunities.
Remember, persistence is key. It may take time to find opportunities, but by actively seeking and applying for jobs, you increase your chances of securing a position. Additionally, if you face financial difficulties, you may also want to explore local support services or community programs that could provide assistance. I hope you find a suitable opportunity soon.

What are best way to upskill as a student?
Ans: Upskilling as a student is a valuable investment in your future. Here are some effective ways to upskill:

Online Courses and Certifications:

Platforms like Coursera, edX, Udacity, and Khan Academy offer a wide range of courses on various subjects.
Consider certifications in areas relevant to your field of study or future career.
MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses):

Explore MOOCs from universities and institutions around the world.
They often provide high-quality content for free or at a minimal cost.
Specialized Training Platforms:

Platforms like LinkedIn Learning, Skillshare, and Pluralsight offer courses on specific skills and tools.
These platforms often have tutorials on software, programming languages, design tools, etc.
Internships and Co-op Programs:

Gain practical experience through internships or co-op programs related to your field of study.
Real-world experience can complement theoretical knowledge and enhance your skills.
Networking and Mentorship:

Connect with professionals in your industry through networking events, LinkedIn, or local meetups.
A mentor can provide guidance and share insights into the industry.
Project-Based Learning:

Work on real-world projects to apply your skills.
This hands-on experience can help you build a portfolio that showcases your abilities.
Join Student Organizations:

Participate in relevant clubs or organizations on your campus.
They often provide opportunities for skill development and networking.
Read Industry Publications and Blogs:

Stay updated on industry trends and innovations by reading blogs, journals, and articles.
Subscribe to newsletters or follow influencers in your field.
Soft Skills Development:

Focus on developing soft skills like communication, teamwork, time management, and adaptability.
These skills are crucial for professional success.
Attend Workshops and Conferences:

Attend workshops and conferences to learn from experts and connect with professionals.
These events can provide insights into the latest developments in your field.
Language Learning:

Learn additional languages, especially if they are relevant to your field or if you plan to work internationally.
Self-Assessment and Reflection:

Regularly assess your skills and identify areas for improvement.
Set goals for continuous learning and monitor your progress.
Remember, upskilling is a continuous process, and staying curious and adaptable will serve you well throughout your career. Tailor your upskilling efforts to align with your career goals and the demands of your chosen industry.
Shreya

Shreya Shah  |26 Answers  |Ask -

Nutritionist, Diabetes Educator - Answered on Feb 23, 2024