Workplace Expert - Answered on Mar 07, 2024

Krishna Kumar is the founder and CEO of GoMoTech, a company that provides strategic consulting in B2B sales, performance management and digital transformation.
Before branching out on his own, he worked with companies like Microsoft, Rediff, Flipkart and InMobi.
With over 25 years of experience under his belt, KK is a regular speaker at industry events and academic intuitions, both in India as well as abroad.
KK completed his MBA in marketing from the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning in Andhra Pradesh and his management development programme from XLRI, Jamshedpur.

Need career advice I had opted for 5year law course after 12th. I did only 3 years and could not complete the rest as i was working and had lot of family and financial issues. Kept taking toles as and how i got. Started with kpo, then joined a bank, thrn worked in education industry and my last job was in a domestic bpo. Major experience in product and sofskills training. Side by side i kept doing certification like nlp, toefl. Got married 5 yrs back and wasnt working due to relocation. Moved back to a metro city (pune) recently and trying for a job. Cracked few interviews but got rejected when could not provide a degree certificate. Which i cannot get. So enrolled for distance graduation through ignou. I am 40yrs old. My questions are 1) should i inform the employer that i am persuing graduation 2) till i finish graduation which are the companies in pune who hire experienced undergraduates 3) which courses or certification i can do which will het me a job inspite of not having a degree certificate.

Ans: Dear

Graduation is a basic ask in many companies so it would be good idea to complete that.

You can explore career as a soft skill trainer.

All the best.

Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |675 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on May 07, 2024

I am 23years old male living in kolkata and a bcom general graduate with 73.52% in 2022, after that i taken gap years for mba entrance preparation but not able to crack or get desired percentile in any. Currently in 2024 i am repeating again for mba entrances to secure admission in 2025. I have no work or internships experience, no awards or certifications. I got 51.17 in 12th commerce and 54.71 in 10th. I got only a digital marketing beginner certification by google digital garage earlier on 2023. Currently i taken a digital marketing course from udemy of digital marketing to hone and develop the required skills I have been searching and applying for jobs since graduating but not able to get any desired one. Now i want to get into a good mba college tier 2 because may not eligible for tier 1 and 1.5 as per my profile but i will try anyways. So for that i need to make my profile good and need certifications and jobs or internships. I interest in sales, marketing, more but also Hr domain. But nowadays i am only getting Inssurance sales, bpo, telecaller or telemarketer, Kpo, sustomer support type jobs of around avg salary of 150000 pa. Which a 12th pass candidate also getting. I often thinks to get into bpo to gain experience and money to fill my profile and manage preparation expenses but also fear that what if i get stuck in that industry. I wanted to do mba to enchance and start my career in a management role to achieve a leadership role in upcoming years as a professional in sales and marketing industry. I don't know, i think i am stucked and lost in spiral web between situations and aspiration. I also thinking to get into banking or try govt. Exams to secure a job but i also feel that it will distract me more from my real life goals. I was not a great student or person earlier but now i am changed i know my responsibilities and i know my goals but i want a clear view to walk on that path. Please help with your genuine guidance. THANK YOU
Ans: My suggestion would be to work in sales along with your preparation for MBA entrance. Sales experience could help you to get better job during your placements and could also help you in your interview stage during admission process.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |79 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Career Expert - Answered on Jul 10, 2024

I got Campus Placement Job offer after getting M. Tech from IITDelhi & worked for Tata Steel, Birla White, Diamond Cement, L&T etc from 1993-1998. After that I joined BITMesra to prepare students for Campus Placement from 2001-2022 with opportunity to get Senior Management Professional from IIM Calcutta but sad part was losing wife due to Covid 19 in 2021 who was under treatment for her kidney failure by costly dialysis in Fortis, Vellore, Santevita etc. Myson got Campus Placement Job offer from my Alma mater IITDelhi like her sister. I guided one of Society resident's son to opt for IITGuwahati rather than BITsPilani. What is your suggestion for me at my present status with IIT &IIM certificate but without wife? I should charge for career guidance &Industry /Govt. Consultancy.
Ans: It’s commendable that you’ve had a successful career and have guided others along the way.
Given your background with an M. Tech from IIT Delhi and the opportunity to become a Senior Management Professional from IIM Calcutta, you have valuable credentials.
Remember that your journey doesn’t end here. While the loss of your wife is undoubtedly painful, your skills and knowledge can continue to make a positive impact. Take time to heal, and when you’re ready, explore these avenues. Your guidance and expertise can benefit others, and you can find fulfillment in helping them succeed.
If you decide to charge for your services, ensure that you provide value and maintain empathy toward those seeking your guidance, here are a few suggestions for you.

Career Guidance and Online Mentoring:
Leverage your expertise and experience to offer career guidance and consultancy services. You can charge for personalized advice on career paths, interview preparation, and industry insights.
Consider creating an online platform or offering one-on-one sessions to students and professionals seeking guidance. Your IIT and IIM credentials will add credibility to your services.

Industry and Freelancer Consultancy:
With your extensive industry experience, explore opportunities in industry and government consultancy. Many organizations seek experts to provide strategic advice, process optimization, and problem-solving.
Network with professionals in your field, attend conferences, and explore collaborations. Your insights can be valuable for organizations looking to improve their operations.
If you’re interested in consulting, consider applying to top consulting firms. Firms like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, and AT Kearney recruit from IIMs and other premier institutes.
Consulting involves solving complex, unstructured problems. Your experience can be an asset in this field.