Workplace Expert - Answered on May 19, 2024

Krishna Kumar is the founder and CEO of GoMoTech, a company that provides strategic consulting in B2B sales, performance management and digital transformation.
Before branching out on his own, he worked with companies like Microsoft, Rediff, Flipkart and InMobi.
With over 25 years of experience under his belt, KK is a regular speaker at industry events and academic intuitions, both in India as well as abroad.
KK completed his MBA in marketing from the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning in Andhra Pradesh and his management development programme from XLRI, Jamshedpur.
Shobha Question by Shobha on May 10, 2024Hindi

I am 43 old, female, widow, with no money, no children, no job, totally depressed, completed B.tech comp.sc., 2009 passedout. WIth almost 12+ years of experience in Non-It (US mortgage process), i want to work in IT sector, is it possible at this age. Please advice

Ans: Hello Madam

I am sorry to hear your predicament...I can understand your pain. If you are really keen to work in IT sector then may I suggest you take up some online course in IT and then explore. I am sure with your passion you will make it.

All the best.

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Jan 05, 2024

as i am retiring from gvt. service next year, is it possible to get the job after 60 in it sector, i have vast 33 year experiance in it sector of public sector company
Ans: Congratulations on your upcoming retirement! It’s great that you have 33 years of experience in the IT sector. There are many job opportunities available for people over 60 in the IT sector. Here are some tips that might help:

Register on government portals: The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment’s Senior Able Citizen for Re-Employment in Dignity (SACRED) initiative enables senior citizens above the age of 60 to search for a job through a virtual platform 1. You can also register on other government portals such as 1 to find job opportunities.

Consider freelancing: Freelancing can be a good option if you’re looking for more flexibility in your work schedule. You can work from home and choose the projects you want to work on. You can also set your own rates and potentially earn more than you would at a traditional job.

Network: Networking is an important part of any career, and it’s especially important in the IT sector. Attend industry events and conferences to meet new people and make connections. You can also reach out to your professional network and let them know you’re looking for a job.

Update your skills: The IT sector is constantly evolving, and it’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and techniques. Consider taking online courses or attending workshops to update your skills.

Consider consulting: Consulting can be a good option if you’re looking for more flexibility in your work schedule. You can work on a project basis as a retainer or consultant. You can also consider starting your own consulting business.

Remember, finding a job that meets your requirements may take some time and effort. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find the right job right away. Keep applying and networking, and you’ll increase your chances of finding a job that meets your needs. Good luck!

Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 01, 2024

Hi I am a 35-year-old woman and my husband is 45. we are made for each other couple. we love each other and we do not have any compatibility issues except in romance. he is not very romantic and even throughout my younger years I was also not very romantic and immersed myself in studies and career. He is not very active in sex also. A few years back I told him that I wanted to be romantic after marriage and now we are not, so I missed my college and early office days when I was in my prime and could have been romantically involved with guys. Since I look very young even at 35, he suggested that I still can move around with guys and get romantic and I need not miss anything even now. though initially declining the offer, I moved a little freely toward men, mostly colleagues, and a few social club members. I encouraged late-night messages, coffee meets, movies, etc. I update my husband on every single event that happens. ex, if I went to a movie with a colleague, I will message my hubby " We kissed", if that happened. he encourages me so much and is happy with whatever is happening, cutting a long story short. though I didn't think it would go so far, I am now romantically very active. soft romance-like messages I do with many. Dating I don't say no to my known circle like colleagues, ex-colleagues, college mates, etc and almost 2-3 times a week I end up dating someone in a coffee shop, pub, or a long drive. A few times I initiate a date too. and I must confess that I have regular intimacy with four young men, all from the same office where I work. I have never hidden anything from my hubby and give a complete account every day. I offered to stop everything any moment he said. but he told me till age is there enjoy life!. I am emotionally connected to my husband only and I do all my responsibilities as a woman. Our relationship has grown manifold. My only question is, am I exploiting my husband's innocence or does he have a cuckold fantasy? If I continue the way I continue with no harm to anyone, can I keep doing it ( I love to). or I should stop at once?

After reading your question I understood that your partner and you have, what we call, an open relationship. As long as both partners are okay with the dynamics of it, and no one is emotionally hurt, or resisting, it should be okay. It isn't exploitation if your husband himself encourages you. You are both consenting adults and not harming each other or anyone else. As for your question, if he has a cuckold fantasy, that is something you should discuss with your husband. An open discussion is better than speculation. Also, at any time if you suspect that your husband is growing concerned about the nature of your relationship, ask him directly. It can help avoid misunderstandings.

Hello sir mai 28 year ki hoo mai abhi llb kar rahi hoo mai last 7 year se relationship mai hoo vo mujse 25 year bade hai saruaat 1 to 2 year inhone muje bhot priorities di ab hum 3 to 4 month mai kabhi milte hai hum dono alag alag city mai hai unki bhot badi family hai or finincially bhi problem chal rahi hai last 3 yaer se vo.muje priority nai de rahe hum.roj bat karte hai vo mera khyal bhi rakhte hai lekin muje unse ab dur nai hona mene sadi na karne ka decisions Liya hai lekin kitni bar bhot akela feel karti hoo vo muje itna time nai dete phele jaisa nai hai aisa lagta hai.fir vo ku6 help kar de ya pyar se bat bhi kar le.to.lagta hai sab theek hai mai.bhot confused hoo mai.kya karu muje kya karna chahiye ..

Dating someone older than you is not the problem, but the fact that you are making major life decisions based on what he wants and doesn't want is concerning. I am guessing that you decided to not get married because he doesn't want it either. Is that fair to you? You yourself mentioned that you often feel lonely. Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you deserve someone who would love you and would like to spend the rest of their life with you? Please reconsider this relationship. Speak to your partner and ask him what his plans are for the future. Does he want to settle down with you? How will you two continue this relationship in the future? There are many important questions that need answering. Sort them out and you will have the solution to your dilemma.