Home > Career > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

Patrick Dsouza  |666 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on May 23, 2024

Patrick Dsouza is the founder of Patrick100.
Along with his wife, Rochelle, he trains students for competitive management entrance exams such as the Common Admission Test, the Xavier Aptitude Test, Common Management Admission Test and the Common Entrance Test.
They also train students for group discussions and interviews.
Patrick has scored in the 100 percentile six times in CAT. He achieved the first rank in XAT twice, in CET thrice and once in the Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test.
Apart from coaching students for MBA exams, Patrick and Rochelle have trained aspirants from the IIMs, the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies and the S P Jain Institute of Management Studies and Research for campus placements.
Patrick has been a panellist on the group discussion and panel interview rounds for some of the top management colleges in Mumbai.
He has graduated in mechanical engineering from the Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad. He has completed his masters in management from the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.... more
Bibhanshu Question by Bibhanshu on May 22, 2024Hindi

I am 1968born with M. Tech from IITDelhi to get Campus Placement job offer in Indian Industrial House from 1993to 2022. I also earned Senior Management Professional (SMP10) from IIM Calcutta. I developed machines for Heavy Engineering in Cimmco which is Titagarh Wagon of Choudhary Group after Campus Placement from IITDelhi. I am in my own 3BHK apartment in Ranchi after termination from BITMesra for political reason as I had sued VC,Registrar &Director BITDeoghar due to their false allegation. My son is working in Wells Fargo after Campus Placement from IITDelhi &daughter is in MuSigma. My wife no more like my Mother-in-law due to Covid. Should I work after ?? experience?

Ans: Can look out for working Part time, if not full time. Can look at launching your own courses on Online Platforms in the area of your expertise or teach in some college. Could also look at working in a startup which are relevant to your field of expertise. There are also options of work from home.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below


R P Yadav  |304 Answers  |Ask -

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Jan 05, 2024

Sir iam 51 old my salry total less 15k in small private firm last 20 years owner notincrease my salary i had explord all possibility opportunities in big companies nothing on my way i have own house and family findings problem But my job is supplying of cnc cutting tool forall major manufacturing indian industries what to do jaga
Ans: I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been struggling with your salary for the past 20 years. It’s understandable that you’re looking for ways to improve your financial situation. Here are some tips that might help:

Research your market value: Research the market value of your job title, years of experience, and the cost of living in your area. This can help you determine whether your current salary is fair or not. You can use websites like Indeed to find out more.

Negotiate with your employer: If you believe that your salary is lower than what you deserve, you can try negotiating with your employer. Prepare a list of your accomplishments and the value you bring to the company. Set up a private meeting with your manager to discuss your salary. Be kind but straightforward. If your request is denied, take the time to understand why. If it’s solely a budgetary issue, ask your manager when you can realistically revisit the conversation.

Consider freelancing: Freelancing can be a good option if you’re looking for more flexibility in your work schedule. You can work from home and choose the projects you want to work on. You can also set your own rates and potentially earn more than you would at a traditional job.

Explore other job opportunities: If you’re not happy with your current job, consider exploring other job opportunities. Look for companies that offer better salaries and benefits. You can also consider switching to a different industry if you have transferable skills.

Remember, improving your financial situation may take some time and effort. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results right away. Keep working hard and exploring new opportunities, and you’ll increase your chances of finding a job that meets your needs. Good luck!

..Read more

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |64 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Career Expert - Answered on Jul 10, 2024

I got Campus Placement Job offer after getting M. Tech from IITDelhi & worked for Tata Steel, Birla White, Diamond Cement, L&T etc from 1993-1998. After that I joined BITMesra to prepare students for Campus Placement from 2001-2022 with opportunity to get Senior Management Professional from IIM Calcutta but sad part was losing wife due to Covid 19 in 2021 who was under treatment for her kidney failure by costly dialysis in Fortis, Vellore, Santevita etc. Myson got Campus Placement Job offer from my Alma mater IITDelhi like her sister. I guided one of Society resident's son to opt for IITGuwahati rather than BITsPilani. What is your suggestion for me at my present status with IIT &IIM certificate but without wife? I should charge for career guidance &Industry /Govt. Consultancy.
Ans: It’s commendable that you’ve had a successful career and have guided others along the way.
Given your background with an M. Tech from IIT Delhi and the opportunity to become a Senior Management Professional from IIM Calcutta, you have valuable credentials.
Remember that your journey doesn’t end here. While the loss of your wife is undoubtedly painful, your skills and knowledge can continue to make a positive impact. Take time to heal, and when you’re ready, explore these avenues. Your guidance and expertise can benefit others, and you can find fulfillment in helping them succeed.
If you decide to charge for your services, ensure that you provide value and maintain empathy toward those seeking your guidance, here are a few suggestions for you.

Career Guidance and Online Mentoring:
Leverage your expertise and experience to offer career guidance and consultancy services. You can charge for personalized advice on career paths, interview preparation, and industry insights.
Consider creating an online platform or offering one-on-one sessions to students and professionals seeking guidance. Your IIT and IIM credentials will add credibility to your services.

Industry and Freelancer Consultancy:
With your extensive industry experience, explore opportunities in industry and government consultancy. Many organizations seek experts to provide strategic advice, process optimization, and problem-solving.
Network with professionals in your field, attend conferences, and explore collaborations. Your insights can be valuable for organizations looking to improve their operations.
If you’re interested in consulting, consider applying to top consulting firms. Firms like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, and AT Kearney recruit from IIMs and other premier institutes.
Consulting involves solving complex, unstructured problems. Your experience can be an asset in this field.

..Read more

Latest Questions
Nayagam P

Nayagam P P  |2231 Answers  |Ask -

Career Counsellor - Answered on Jul 21, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Jul 20, 2024Hindi
Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.

...Read more

DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds