Mutual Funds, Financial Planning Expert - Answered on Oct 26, 2023

Satheesh Question by Satheesh on Oct 18, 2023Translate

Hi. I have multiple mutual funds and out of that I have 2.5 Lakhas in SUNDARAM LARGE AND MID CAP FUND REGULAR GROWTH has been showing the poorest growth 12% returns in last 5 years while other are around 100%. Will I have capital gains if I dispose it and reinvest in other.

Ans: Upto 1 lac Rs per annum is available as an exemption for capital gain.

Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Nov 29, 2019

Dear Sir, I have following mutual funds: Please comment whether I shall sell or retain. ABSL Equity fund growth HDFC Equity fund growth ICICI Pru Nifly Index Growth ICICI Pru Infrastructure Growth SBI Focused Equity Fund Growth    UTI Master Share UTI MNC Fund Magnum Taxgain Sundaram Infrastructure ABSLMidcap Growth Name of the Fund Name of the Fund RankMF Star Rating ABSL Equity fund growth Equity - Multi Cap Fund 4 HDFC Equity fund growth Equity - Multi Cap Fund 4 ICICI PruNifly Index Growth Index Funds - Nifty 4 ICICI Pru Infrastructure Growth Equity - Sectoral Fund - Infrastructure 2 SBI Focused Equity Fund Growth Equity - Focused Fund 4 UTI Master Share Equity - Large Cap Fund 5 UTI MNC Fund Equity - Thematic Fund - MNC 3 Magnum Taxgain Equity - ELSS 3 Sundaram Infrastructure Equity - Sectoral Fund - Infrastructure 2 ABSLMidcap Growth Equity - Mid Cap Fund 2
Ans: You may continue with funds with 4 and 5 star rated, sector funds to be avoided and good funds in Multicap , Focused and Mid cap should be invested in.

Midcap: Suitable option considering quality and value for money at present levels is DSP Midcap and Axis Midcap

Multicap: Suitable options considering quality and value for money at present levels are UTI Equity Fund, Axis Multicap, Motilal Oswal Multicap 35

Focused: Suitable options considering quality and value for money at present levels are Axis Focused 25 and Motilal Oswal Focused 25

ELSS: Suitable options considering quality and value for money at present levels are Motilal Oswal Long Term Equity – Growth

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 20, 2023

Hi i have invested lumpsum in following 12 funds please guide. Whether any funds to be removed and if any new funds to be added Quant Active Fund Growth 2.2 lakhs Canara Robeco Bluechip Equity fund Direct Growth 2 lakhs Pgim India midcap opportunities fund Direct Growth 2lakhs ICICI prudential commodities fund growth. 80,000 Parag Parikh flexi cap fund regular Growth. 90000 Quant Flexi Cap fund growth 90000 Kotak small cap fund regular Growth. 50000 Mahindra Manulife Multi cap fund regular Growth. 50000 Tata small cap fund Regular Growth 50000 Pgim India Midcap opportunities Fund Regular Growth 50000 Canara Robeco small cap Fund regular Growth 50000 Tata Digital India Fund Direct Growth 50000 I need analysis on this whether to continue or close the mutual funds
Ans: Overall, you have over-diversified your investments. It is always better to invest in one or maximum two funds of the same category.

Although, all funds chosen by you have good fundamentals, but they carry a high level of risk with them. Without the risk profile and investment time horizon, it is difficult to comment on how long to stay invested in these funds. We should not only focus on funds’ performance but also our risk appetite and investment time horizon.

Special recommendation on sectoral/thematic funds are as follows:

Tata Digital India Fund Direct Growth: It invests primarily in companies related to digital technology and innovation in India. The fund has delivered average annual returns of 20.65% since inception. You may need to review it every six months or in case of any material change in the fund or industry. As of now, the fundamentals seem good, but sectoral funds come with very high risk.

ICICI Prudential Commodities Fund: It invests in equity-related securities of companies engaged in commodities and commodities-related sectors. The fund has delivered a higher return as compared with the category average, and should be reviewed every six months or in case of any material change in the industry.
Roopashree

Roopashree Sharma  |183 Answers  |Ask -

Yoga, Naturopathy Expert - Answered on Feb 29, 2024

My name is Sooriya, and I am writing to seek your guidance on a multifaceted set of goals I am committed to achieving in the coming years. I am currently 31 years old, standing at a height of 175 cm and weighing 89 kg. Over the past few years, I have actively engaged in a daily fitness routine, incorporating brisk walking and other exercises to address my weight management goals. Despite a successful reduction from 110 to 82 kg in the past, recent circumstances led to a weight gain, and I am determined to attain a weight of 70 kg or below. While personal constraints prevent me from joining a gym, I have dedicated an additional hour to my daily exercise routine. However, one of my challenges lies in frequent consumption of meals outside, even though I practice moderation. I would greatly appreciate any insights or recommendations you may have to help me effectively address this issue and achieve my weight loss objective. Additionally, I face the challenge of managing ADHD. Although I am currently on medication, progress has been limited. My goal is to overcome ADHD without medication, and any guidance or strategies you could provide in this regard would be invaluable. On the professional front, I am committed to excelling in my job, considering the responsibility of taking care of aging parents with a limited salary. I aim to become proficient in Carnatic music, having dedicated 20 years to the art and completed a diploma in first class. Simultaneously, I am learning German with the goal of clearing the A1 level. In the broader scope, my aspirations include becoming a pro in my job, achieving proficiency in German, excelling in Carnatic music concerts, and obtaining an additional PG degree. Furthermore, I am resolute in settling down, reducing my weight to 70 kg, and ensuring overall fitness by the age of 33. I acknowledge struggles with focus, procrastination, and a lack of proactiveness in my work, and I am actively seeking guidance to overcome these challenges. Your insights and recommendations would be highly valued as I embark on this journey towards personal and professional development. I appreciate your time and consideration.
Ans: It is good that you know yourself - both positives and your limitations. Everything is possible if you keep a balanced mind, along with your zeal - this way you can focus your energies in the right place. Therefore, to control the mind - meditation is key. I suggest you explore some of the Vipasana kendras near your residence. Be careful of misleading online videos and search for a good yoga/ vipasana teacher.
Ashwini

Ashwini Dasgupta  |52 Answers  |Ask -

Personality Development Expert, Career Coach - Answered on Feb 29, 2024

Hello, I am a supply chain professional having 8 years of logistics experience in the core operations domain working as Associate manager.For quite a long time I have been looking for a job change as in the current organisation I am not getting anything fascinating to move further.in the current organisation I have been working for 5 years and promoted 2 times. Not getting of any better opportunity to boost my career thereby to enhance my skills has become the reason for a poor mental health now a days. Pls suggest me something that can lead to postive approach for a better way out. Thanks.
Ans: Hi Sir/ Madam,

Always changing a job may not be the solution.
Firstly have a conversation with your manager and voice out your aspiration and what will keep you motivate.
List out the kind of courses or trainings you may want to pursue to enhance your professional experience. And see if these trainings are done internally or if yes take up those trainings and if it externally you can decide accordingly. This will help you learn a new skills and drift your thought of been dis motivated. Mostly importantly learning a new will only do good for your career opportunity.
If incase there are no roles within the team then you may look for within organizational roles to meet your ask.
Do some research how the industry is trending this will help you more equipped when you those conversations with your manager.

Hope this helps. All the best

Thanks
Ashwini Dasgupta
Author of Confidence Decoded. Is it a Skill or Attitude?

Hi My name is sai prasad aged 53 years and recently i attempted suicide and gracefully survieved. As my spouse is having suspection that I have illegal connection with other ladies, which I explained so many times that i do not have any illegal contacts. But recently she behaved in different manner and we both went to urology doctor to remove my genetic organs. But doctor has denied and told that it is illegal and it is not possible. From that instance she is behaving strangely and she forcefully made me to pour hot water on my genetic organ and in this instance my genetic organs has burnt little bit. Before that she has damaged my right hand with her bangle which I undergone for 5 stitches and it took more than 2 months to cure. Still my right hand is not in good condition. On 7th of this month i have consumed alprozalam 50 tables and later on i was there in ICU for 3 days and survived. But I am not happy with her. She morning to bed time she use to abuse me that you have illegal contacts and in this instance i am diverting my income to other women. Need suggestion on my case. Thanks. Sai Prasad
Ans: Dear Sai,
It is really unfortunate what you have been going through. What you are facing is abuse at home...
Please don not experiment with destroying your reproductive organs; the damage can be irreversible and worse you will be fighting a long infection caused by injuries.
If your wife suspects you; either she has her reasons OR she just is a person who cannot trust.
1. Firstly, move out of the house for a few weeks at least so that you can heal mentally and physically
2. If you feel that this marriage might work after all this drama, then kindly go for couples therapy and individual therapy as well
3. If you feel that things are over, proceed 'gracefully' through legal means

BUT do not allow this abuse to continue; the reason I suggested that you move out and not ask your wife to move out is, so that she does not turn the situation around and claim cruelty by you.
Take charge of yourself and NOW; your life is important and it counts. So, live and live 'gracefully'...I am sure your loved ones would want that!