Nikunj

Nikunj Saraf  |308 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds Expert - Answered on May 22, 2023

Satya Question by Satya on May 19, 2023Hindi

To create of corpus of Rs.1 Crore in 15 years, I want to invest Rs 12000 in year and step up my SIP's by at least Rs.2000 every year. for that I have choosen the following SIP's. Please suggest me am I going in right way? ** UTI Flexi cap Fund - 3000 ** PPFAS Conservative Hybrid Fund - 3000 ** Motilal Oswal Mid cap Fund - 3000 ** Samco Flexi cap fund - 1000 ** Canara Robeco Smallcap Fund - 1000 ** Axis ESG Equity fund – Growth - 1000

Ans: Hello Satya. In terms of your requirements and goals, your current allocation sounds good with the exception of the PPFAS Conservative Hybrid Fund. I would suggest reconsidering PPFAS with Bluechip schemes for long run . Additionally, no changes need to be made to the amount of your sip.

Hi Sir Sangayya hear from Karnataka my age is 43 from last 3 years I started my SIP details r as below 1 ELSS - 5 sips each 1k 2. Large & mid cap fund - 3 sips 1k each 3. Thematic fund - Franklin India opp - 5k 4. Multi asset allocator - Tata 5k 5.Flexi cap fund - 2 Sips 1k each 6. Dynamic Asset - Edelweiss balanced Adv fund 1k 7. Small cap - Nippon India 1k Total monthly 22k is my investment kindly suggest I want to build my corpus 1cr in another 10 year
Ans: You've made a good start with your SIP investments across various categories. To achieve a corpus of 1 crore in 10 years, you'll need an average annual return of around 12%, considering your current investment of 22k per month.

Here are some suggestions to optimize your portfolio:

ELSS: Great for tax-saving, but remember the lock-in period. Ensure you're comfortable with the fund's performance and risk profile.

Large & Mid-cap: These funds offer a balanced approach. Monitor the performance and consider consolidating into a top-performing fund if necessary.

Thematic Fund: These are more focused and can be riskier. Ensure it aligns with your investment goals and risk tolerance.

Multi-Asset Allocator: Offers diversification across asset classes. A good choice for balanced growth. Ensure the fund's strategy aligns with your goals.

Flexi Cap & Dynamic Asset Allocation: These provide flexibility to invest across market caps and adjust to market conditions. Ensure they complement each other and don't overlap too much.

Small Cap: High growth potential but higher risk. Ensure it fits your risk profile and consider monitoring closely due to higher volatility.

General Recommendations:

Review & Rebalance: Regularly review your portfolio's performance and adjust if necessary. Consider shifting funds to top performers or reallocating based on market conditions.

Risk Assessment: Ensure your portfolio aligns with your risk tolerance and investment horizon.

Costs: Opt for direct plans to reduce costs and improve returns.

Diversification: Ensure your portfolio is well-diversified across asset classes and not overly concentrated in one sector or fund.

Professional Advice: Consider consulting a financial advisor for personalized guidance based on your financial goals and risk profile.

In summary, continue your disciplined approach with SIPs, regularly review and adjust your portfolio, and stay invested for the long term to achieve your goal of 1 crore in 10 years.

Hi Sir Sangayya hear from Karnataka my age is 43 from last 3 years I started my SIP details r as below 1 ELSS - 5 sips each 1k 2. Large & mid cap fund - 3 sips 1k each 3. Thematic fund - Franklin India opp - 5k 4. Multi asset allocator - Tata 5k 5.Flexi cap fund - 2 Sips 1k each 6. Dynamic Asset - Edelweiss balanced Adv fund 1k 7. Small cap - Nippon India 1k Total monthly 22k is my investment kindly suggest I want to build my corpus 1cr in another 10 year & how much I have to invest more to achieve Target
Ans: Hello Sangayya, it's great to see your commitment to building your financial future through SIP investments. Let's break down your goal of reaching a corpus of 1 crore in 10 years and assess your current investment approach:

Review Current Investments: Evaluate the performance of your existing SIPs relative to their benchmarks and peers. This will help you understand if adjustments are needed to optimize your portfolio for growth.
Assess Required Monthly Investment: To reach a corpus of 1 crore in 10 years, you'll need to calculate the required monthly investment based on your expected rate of return. This depends on factors like the type of funds you're investing in and prevailing market conditions.
Consider Increasing SIP Amount: If your current monthly investment of 22k isn't sufficient to reach your goal, you may need to increase your SIP amounts or explore additional investment avenues. A Certified Financial Planner can help you determine the optimal investment strategy based on your risk tolerance and financial goals.
Stay Consistent and Patient: Building a substantial corpus takes time and discipline. Stay committed to your investment plan, continue SIPs regularly, and avoid making emotional decisions based on short-term market fluctuations.
Regular Portfolio Review: Periodically review your portfolio's performance and make adjustments as needed. Rebalancing your investments and exploring new opportunities can help you stay on track towards achieving your financial goals.
Remember, while setting ambitious targets is commendable, it's essential to ensure that your investment strategy is realistic and aligned with your risk tolerance and financial capacity. With careful planning and perseverance, you can work towards building a significant corpus over the next decade.

I am 47 yrs old & have currently 3 SIP's of 10K each. 1) Parag Parekh Flexicap- ?5K 2) Kotak Emerging Equity Fund-?2500 3) Axis Small Cap Fund- ?2500 I wanted to have a Corpus of atleast 3-5 Crore in next 13 yrs till my age of 60 yrs. Should I continue with d above 3 schemes & how much SIP amt do I need to invest inorder to acheive the Corpus.
Ans: That's great you're already investing through SIPs (Systematic Investment Plans)! It shows you're on the right track to building your retirement corpus. Let's analyze your current portfolio and discuss how to reach your goals:

1. Good Start with SIPs!

Three SIPs Running! Your current SIPs of Rs. 10,000 each in a Flexi Cap, Emerging Equity, and Small Cap Fund provide some diversification across market capitalizations. This is a good starting point.

Goal in Mind! You aim for a corpus of Rs. 3-5 crore in 13 years. This requires careful planning and potentially increasing your investment amount.

2. Reaching Your Target:

Planning is Key! Accurately calculating the exact SIP amount needed is difficult without considering factors like your current corpus, expected return rate, and inflation. However, we can discuss strategies.

Review and Increase? A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) can analyze your situation and suggest if you need to increase your SIP amounts to reach your target corpus. They can also consider adding other asset classes for a more balanced approach.

3. Review and Rebalance:

Market Changes! The market keeps changing, and what looks good today might not be suitable tomorrow. It's important to periodically review your portfolio with a CFP.

Stay on Track! Regularly rebalancing your portfolio helps you maintain your target asset allocation and manage risk. A CFP can guide you on how often to review and rebalance.

4. Actively Managed Funds:

Pick Winners! Your chosen funds are actively managed, meaning fund managers try to outperform the market by picking stocks they believe will grow. Actively managed funds can outperform the market, but there's no guarantee.

Consider Your Risk: Actively managed funds tend to have higher fees than passively managed Index Funds. A CFP can help you assess your risk tolerance and choose funds that align with your goals.

Remember, reaching your target corpus requires a disciplined approach, potentially increasing your SIP amounts, and regular review with a CFP. Consulting a CFP can help you create a personalized plan and increase your chances of success.

I am 29 year old bengali female married to a Bihar guy. We know each other since college and we have been married for 3 years. Things began to turn bitter after few months of our marriage. My husband is a govt. Employee has seen extreme poverty in his childhood. I belong to upper middle class family. Both of our parents were against our marriage. Now his family especially mother pressurise him for money that is beyond our reach. She thinks I stop him to give money. She constantly abuses my husband. He has two elder brother who are good for nothing,both are married have kids and even they expect financial help from us. I am very tensed we can't even think of spending a penny for our personal enjoyment. My husband understands all these but everytime falls into prey of my MIL'S emotional drama. She fakes illness or fights for money. I can't even share this with my family.

I am very sorry to hear that you are in such a situation. It is indeed a very complex situation. Financial troubles can disrupt marital bliss. But it has to be addressed, even if it leads to conflicts. Speak to your husband about your concerns. Politely tell him that his family's demands and his response to them are causing a financial crisis in your home. Sit together and discuss how much financial support can you provide to his family and what's beyond reasonable. Have a monthly budget and since his family will continue asking for money, keep some money (what you have decided together) for the same. Keep an emergency fund and most importantly, have a decent amount of savings.

After all these discussions, if things still don't change, consider going for marriage counseling. You gave up an affluent life to be with him; he can surely give up certain things that are clearly unreasonable. A third neutral party can point this out without you having to say it.

You can also suggest your husband push his family members to get better jobs so that they can provide for themselves. Besides everything, don't forget to take care of yourself. Be in touch with your family and share your worries with someone close to you. And maintain regular check-ins with your husband. It can't be easy on him either.

Which institution is best to subscribe for online prepation of JEE. Candidate here has also joined a offline/regular classes in a small town. Please suggest.
Ans: ALLEN Online Test Series. User-friendly / Instant Result with Answers and Time Taken for Each Question.

Some IMPORTANT Preparation Strategies for JEE Preparation: (Wherever the Subject 'You' is used here, it refers for your Candidate). (1) Whenever you study at home, study for 45-minutes. Then take a break of 10-minutes when you can move away from your study table, walk, have some water & relax. If you continue studying beyond 45-minutes, your concentration power will go down, resulting to low output. Most students commit this mistake. (2) On daily basis (morning or evening whichever will be convenient to you), do yoga or meditation or physical exercises or play any games / sports for at least 30-45 minutes. This will further reduce your stress / distractions. (3) Study tough topics / tough subjects (applicable to you) early morning with your fresh mind. (4) Eat a lot of green vegetables / fruits which you can afford for & avoid soft drinks (5) Every day nigh, before going to bed, revise whatever you have studied during the day. (6) Also, revise every week whatever you have covered till date (here your short-notes which you should prepare will be helpful). (7) Keep practizing questions on topics which you have covered either offline or online (8) Give utmost importance to wrongly answered / difficult / complicated / tough questions and have a separate note-book specially for this for each subject (PCM) (8) You might be aware that JEE rank is allotted on the basis of highest score in Maths, followed by Physics & Chemistry. Practice more and more in Maths, till you reach Speed & Accuracy (9) By the end of 11th / 12th standard (December-January), attempt fully syllabus online test series, evaluate and analyze your performance such as, (a) which topic / unit / concept you are weak which needs your revision and improvement as this will disturb you when you appear in actual JEE exam (b) abnormal time taken to attempt any question which you can come to know from Online Test Series which you should reduce (c) which questions you skipped and why? (10) Make 100% utilization of 'Doubt Clearing Sessions' of Offline Class you have joined. All the BEST.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, please ask / FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

I am 37 years old , and having 2.10 lacs salary in hand, I have SIP of Rs. 20k, apart from SIP I have invested in stock current market value is 10L, I have three flats which is cost approx 2.5 cr, i have a home loan as well of 35 lacs. Kindly guide me how I can achieve the milestone of 10 crore corpus in next 15 years.
Ans: Achieving a significant corpus like Rs. 10 crores in 15 years requires careful planning, disciplined investing, and leveraging various assets and investment avenues. Let's explore a comprehensive strategy to reach this financial milestone.

Current Financial Snapshot
Income and Investments
At 37 years old, with a salary of Rs. 2.10 lakhs per month, you have a solid foundation. Here's a snapshot of your current investments:

SIP Investment: Rs. 20,000 per month
Stock Investments: Current market value of Rs. 10 lakhs
Real Estate Holdings: Three flats valued at approximately Rs. 2.5 crores
Liabilities: Home loan of Rs. 35 lakhs
Strategic Roadmap to Achieve Rs. 10 Crore Corpus
1. Optimize Investment Portfolio
Review Existing Investments
Evaluate the performance and alignment of your current investments with long-term goals:

Stocks: Assess the potential for growth and consider diversification if necessary.
Real Estate: While real estate is valuable, ensure it aligns with your liquidity needs and financial goals. Consider rental income potential versus capital appreciation.
SIPs: Continue disciplined investing. Evaluate if the current SIP amount needs to be increased to meet the Rs. 10 crore target.
2. Increase Savings and Investments
Maximizing Monthly Contributions
Increase SIP Amount: Depending on your surplus income, consider increasing the SIP amount gradually. This accelerates wealth accumulation.
Bonus and Windfalls: Direct any windfall gains towards investments rather than discretionary spending.
3. Diversification and Risk Management
Balancing Risk and Return
Asset Allocation: Diversify across asset classes such as equity, debt, and possibly alternative investments like gold or international funds.
Risk Management: Regularly review and rebalance the portfolio to mitigate risks associated with market volatility.
4. Debt Management
Addressing Home Loan
Early Repayment: Explore options to accelerate home loan repayment to reduce interest burden and improve cash flow for investments.
Debt Consolidation: Consolidate high-interest debts if applicable to streamline finances and improve liquidity for investments.
5. Investment Avenues
Exploring Options Beyond SIPs
Equity Mutual Funds: Actively managed funds can potentially outperform passive funds like index funds due to strategic decisions by fund managers.
Debt Instruments: Consider debt funds for stability and regular income, balancing the portfolio against equity market fluctuations.
Systematic Transfer Plans (STP): Utilize STPs to stagger lump sum investments into equity funds, reducing timing risks.
6. Professional Guidance and Monitoring
Leveraging Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Holistic Financial Planning: Engage with a CFP to develop a customized financial plan considering income, investments, goals, and risk appetite.
Periodic Reviews: Regularly review investment performance and adjust strategies based on changing life circumstances and market conditions.
Addressing Existing Policies and Investments
7. Insurance and Investment Policies
Surrender and Reinvest
LIC, ULIPs, Investment cum Insurance Policies: Evaluate existing policies for surrender value and consider reinvesting in more lucrative investment avenues like mutual funds for better returns.
Legal and Recovery Aspects
8. Recovering Debt
Legal Recourse
Documentation: Gather all evidence and communication related to the debt owed by your friend.
Legal Consultation: Seek legal advice to explore options like sending legal notices, mediation, or filing a suit in a court of law if necessary.
Financial Impact: While pursuing legal action, continue focusing on building your financial assets through disciplined investments.
Achieving a corpus of Rs. 10 crores in 15 years demands a balanced approach involving disciplined savings, strategic investments, and proactive debt management. Leveraging existing assets like stocks and real estate alongside increasing SIPs and exploring diverse investment avenues is key. Engaging with a Certified Financial Planner ensures a structured approach, optimizing your path towards financial independence and security.

Dr Hemalata

Dr Hemalata Arora  |194 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Jun 21, 2024

I am 77 years old. I was taking medicine for high BP from the age of 50 years.I was very active doing yoga regularly in the morning and doing walk in the evening. I do not smoke and do not drink as well. I am a person with height weight normal as per the standard chart. I was very active doing my job and never use to get tired. I worked for six years in Central Govt, thirty years in PSU and seventeen years in Private Organisations. I used to believe that " a Person should never retire from work". I stopped going to work from March 2020 after the Covid 19 spread in India. During a routine check up, my doctor mentioned on my prescription as "Stable Angina". I asked about it but he replied, it is nothing, do not worry. I was not having any pain etc. But this remark of Stable Angina. was written on my prescription on every visit. In June 2022, I got a CT Angiography done just to know the deposits in my arteries. It was found to be more in all the five arteries. But I had no symptoms of any pain or breathlessness while moving or working.In August 2022, I got some problem in my left eye, went to eye specialist, he observed a little deposit in eye nerve. He tried to break it but could not. I went for Angiography. All the arteries were found with deposits but still I had no pain etc. I was operated for Heart By pass Surgery on 22.9.22 and released from Hospital on 1.10.22. I was put on High Protein Diet. During Jan 23 to July 23, my Blood Urea Nitrogen & Urea got up the required level.High Protein Diet was stopped and advised take more Fruits. BUN & Urea came normal. More fruits were being taken. It caused potassium level to go up. Then in fruits also restriction imposed on banana, coconut water & citrus fruits. Now I am on restricted diet. BUN & Urea are normal but potassium remains fluctuating. Now I am alright but feel very weak. I do little walk but get tired soon. I am not able to do yoga due to low energy. Vitamin supplements are being taken but not getting strength. Even feels stability problem. While standing feels giddiness and feels that i may fall. I am also feeling severe pain in my arms muscles. Now I am taking medicines for BP, Cholesterol, Blood Thinner, Enlarged Prostrate Gland, Vitamin supplement. I always think why I am feeling so many problems after Heart Bye Pass Surgery. Please advise.
Ans: I feel you need your medications adjusted. They're probably making you feel like this.