Vivek

Vivek Shah  |60 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 08, 2023

Vivek Shah is a SEBI registered investment advisor and certified financial planner from FPSB India. He has over 18 years of experience in financial planning.
Shah founded Finrise, a financial planning and wealth management firm, in 2011. He believes that equity investment is the only way to generate long term wealth.
DVB Question by DVB on Mar 08, 2023Hindi

Best mutual fund which gives me 15% per annually

First of all as an investor and also managing your family finances, you need to answer following questions before deciding on which instrument you want to invest

1) Goal or financial goal or purpose of doing investment. This will matter a lot as a goal of child education and retirement needs to see with different perspective and also should have asset allocation and market cap exposure accordingly.

2) Time Horizon of your goals- this is very important as it will help you to select the asset class and it's allocation based on your time period of financial goals. This is where investor makes biggest mistake of misalignment of asset time cycle and goals time period. If you allign this properly, your journey will be quite smooth.

3) Optimum Return expectations on your capital invested-
If you are saving and investing for some better future to fulfill your goals offcourse you will ask something in return which should be respectable higher returns than inflation for long term period( more than 7 years). If you are investing in India than equity return assumptions and calculations should be based on 12% return expectations and debt it should be 6.5%. Remember that you should assume practical return assumptions ( not the highest or what your friend says) as you can put any number in the excel sheet for your mental satisfaction😃

4) Risk taken on your capital-
Risk is a very negative word being taken in india but actually it's the risk appetite and risk acceptance of an investor which makes his outcome/ returns favourable. Understand one thing that if you want high returns you have to assume high risk and there is no option for it or an investor has to be happy with sub optimal returns if he is not ready to take risk.

Risk according to me is the capacity of a person until where and when he will not have any palpation in his stomach and he can absorb the downside easily( both realised and majority of time unrealised).

After looking at all these parameters you can think of taking allocations to mutual funds and decide how much allocation to Large cap, midcap or smalll cap funds.

And after all that, i would say it's your behaviour and emotions management which will help you create wealth in the equity market.

I hope this helps. Happy investing

Hi sir, I am Aman Sharma 24 years old non-iT employee.. I have been investing sip of 3k per month as of now since a year but .. I want to increase 10% in every year, kindly Suggest me good mutual fund to build good corpus after 15 years
Ans: Nurturing Your Investment Journey: A Certified Financial Planner's Perspective
Aman, your commitment to building wealth through systematic investment planning is admirable and sets a solid foundation for your financial future. Let's explore how we can further enhance your investment strategy to achieve your long-term goals effectively.

Acknowledging Your Dedication:
First and foremost, I want to acknowledge your proactive approach towards financial planning at a young age. Your commitment to increasing your SIP contribution by 10% annually reflects a commendable level of dedication and foresight.

Understanding Your Objectives:
To guide you towards selecting the right mutual funds for building a substantial corpus over the next 15 years, it's essential to understand your investment objectives, risk tolerance, and time horizon.

Crafting a Tailored Investment Strategy:
Based on your preferences and goals, here's a structured approach to selecting suitable mutual funds:

Diversified Equity Funds: Consider allocating a significant portion of your SIP investments to diversified equity funds. These funds offer exposure to a broad range of sectors and companies, providing the potential for substantial capital appreciation over the long term.

Mid and Small Cap Funds: Given your relatively young age and longer investment horizon, you may consider allocating a portion of your portfolio to mid and small-cap funds. These funds have the potential to deliver higher returns but come with higher volatility. However, over a 15-year period, they can significantly boost your overall portfolio returns.

Balanced Advantage Funds: To mitigate risk and enhance stability in your portfolio, you may also explore balanced advantage funds. These funds dynamically manage their equity and debt allocations based on market conditions, offering downside protection during market downturns while participating in equity market upswings.

Embracing Growth Opportunities:
As you continue your journey towards financial independence, remember to monitor your investments regularly and make adjustments as needed. Stay informed about market trends and economic developments to make informed decisions and seize growth opportunities.

Conclusion: Empowering Your Financial Future
In conclusion, by gradually increasing your SIP contributions and investing in a well-diversified portfolio of mutual funds, you're taking proactive steps towards achieving your financial goals. Stay disciplined, stay focused, and let your investments work diligently towards creating the wealth and abundance you envision.

Warm Regards,