Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1872 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on May 30, 2024

Samraat Jadhav is the founder of Prosperity Wealth Adviser.
He is a SEBI-registered investment and research analyst and has over 18 years of experience in managing high-end portfolios.
Bhagirathi Question by Bhagirathi on Apr 17, 2023Hindi

Please advise me wha to do now for my shares of ADANI WILMAR which I bought at 738/

Ans: exit and invest in quality company

Hardik

Hardik Parikh  |106 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, Mutual Fund Expert - Answered on Apr 06, 2023

I purchased AWL (Adani) 647 Rs for 550 shares, now what I can do... Sale or wait
Ans: Dear Rakesh,

Thank you for reaching out for financial advice regarding your investment in Adani Wilmar Limited (AWL).

As you mentioned, AWL is currently trading at Rs 412 with a trailing PE (Price-to-Earnings) ratio of 73 and an ROCE (Return on Capital Employed) of 20%. A high PE ratio generally indicates that the market has high expectations for a company's future growth. However, whether these expectations are realistic depends on various factors like the company's financial health, industry growth, and overall market sentiment.

In the case of AWL, a PE ratio of 73 seems to be on the higher side, suggesting that the market is pricing in substantial growth expectations. As a financial advisor, I share your concern that this PE ratio may not be sustainable, considering the industry average and other market factors.

Although I cannot provide an exact suitable PE ratio for the industry without further information, a more reasonable range for the industry might be around 15-25x, depending on the specific sector within the industry and the growth prospects for individual companies. If we were to assume a more conservative PE ratio of 20x for Adani Wilmar, this would translate into a share price of approximately Rs 235 [(20 * Earnings per share) - assuming the company's earnings remain constant].

It's essential to consider other factors like the company's financial health, growth prospects, and industry outlook before making any investment decisions. I would advise you to evaluate your investment goals, risk tolerance, and time horizon before deciding whether to hold, sell, or buy more shares in AWL.

Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.