Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Dec 21, 2021

Ananya Question by Ananya on Dec 21, 2021Hindi

I am 31 years old. My child is 2.5 years old.

Currently investing for three years.

Long term goals:
For my child's education when he turns 18 years -- Rs 2 crores.
For his marriage -- Rs 50 lakhs
For our retirement -- Rs 2 crores

Currently investing in:

Mutual Funds Plan type Amount
1. HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Fund Growth Rs 1,500
2. HDFC Flexi Cap Fund Growth Rs 1,500
3. ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund Growth Rs 1,000
4. Motilal Oswal Midcap 30 Fund Regular Plan -- Growth Rs 1,000
5) Axis Bluechip Fund Direct Plan -- Growth Rs 1,000
6) HDFC Life Click2Invest ULIP   Rs 5,000
7) Axis Quant Fund Direct Growth Rs 1,000

Please suggest whether these are ok or not.

How much corpus it would generate in next 20 years if I continue like this?

I need to invest another Rs 8,000 monthly. Which fund to invest in?

Ans: The funds are fine. For further investment, you may consider DSP Top 100 (Growth) and Axis ESG Equity Fund (Growth).

Financial Planner - Answered on Jan 09, 2024

I have a corpus of 1 cr in mf with an ongoing monthly sip of 85k..have invested 6 lacs in stocks..I am investing 1.5 lacs each In both ppf and sukanya samridhi scheme for the past 5 years.. I also have invested in hdfc sanchay annuity plan around 5.5 lacs annually for the past 4 years which will give me a monthly income from the 12th years of 50 k.. I have FDs of around 3 cr which is giving me a return of 7% annually.. I have 2 kids and I am 43 yrs old. I am looking at building a corpus of 40 cr plus on my retirement.. I have been investing in mf since 2017.. The funds that I am investing in are 1) axis.mid cap 2) canara robeco emerging equities 3) Nippon small cap 4) Parag Parikh flexi cap 5) quant flexi cap 6) Mirae asset mid and larg cap 7) icici nifty 50 index 8) SBI focussed equity 9) hdfc balanced advantage fund 10) SBI equity hybrid fund Plz suggest if these funds are fine to reach a target of 40 cr plus in the next 17 years... My kids are 10 and 4 yrs old respectively and I want to keep 1.5 cr plus for their education. When they attain the age of 18 years respectively. Kindly suggest do I need to change the investment plan and mutual funds or should I continue with the same strategy to achieve my goal.
Ans: You can not reach to your target of 40 crores plus education corpus of 1.5 cr for 2 children as most of your money is getting invested in fixed income type of instruments, since your goal is still 17 years away you can convert theses fixed income in mutual funds.

Hi Sir, I am currently working in PSB in the Middle management group and investing in different investment options to achieve the goal of financial freedom. I have one 6 years old daughter and want to accumulate a fund of 2.5 Cr for her education and marriage also. I am investing the monthly amount in below mentioned categories: A) Traditional: 1) Sukanya Sammaridhi account: 2K 2) PPF: 1K B) Market Linked: 1) DSP Small cap fund: 3K 2) SBI magnum Mid Cap Fund: 2 K 3) HDFC Mid Cap opportunities Fund: 3 K 4) Aditya Birla SL Pure value fund Reg (G): 1K 5) Mirae Asset Large & Midcap Fund Reg (G): 2 K 6) Canara Robeco Emerging Equities Reg (G): 3K 7) 3-4 K in share purchase for long term investment. I want to keep investing in MFs for the next 25 years with an annual increment in monthly investment figures as per the capability. Kindly advise me about these funds and share your suggestions to achieve my dream. Awaiting your reply. Regards, Bhuvneshwar.
Ans: Bhuvneshwar, your commitment to securing your daughter's future is commendable, and your diversified investment strategy reflects your dedication to achieving your financial goals. Let's break down your approach:

Traditional Investments: Sukanya Samriddhi and PPF provide a solid foundation with tax benefits and guaranteed returns. These avenues ensure stability and security for your daughter's future needs.
Market-Linked Investments: By investing in a mix of small, mid, and large-cap funds, you're tapping into the potential growth of the market. Your selection shows a balanced approach, spreading risk across different segments of the market.
Direct Stock Investments: Your involvement in direct stock purchases demonstrates your confidence in specific companies for long-term growth. However, ensure thorough research and prudent decision-making to mitigate risks associated with individual stocks.
To further enhance your strategy:

Regular Review and Rebalancing: Periodically assess the performance of your investments and rebalance if needed to maintain your desired asset allocation.
Risk Management: While market-linked investments offer growth potential, they also carry inherent risks. Ensure you're comfortable with the level of risk in your portfolio and adjust your investments accordingly.
Gradual Increase in Investments: Your plan to incrementally increase your monthly investments aligns with the principle of gradual improvement over time. Consistency and discipline in this approach will help you reach your target efficiently.
Remember, Bhuvneshwar, achieving financial freedom for your daughter's education and marriage requires patience, discipline, and a long-term perspective. Stay focused on your goals, continuously educate yourself, and adapt your strategy as needed along the journey. With dedication and strategic planning, you're well on your way to realizing your dreams for your daughter's future.

Hi Sir . I am a 34-year-old man with a monthly income of 1.4 Lakh. I have a 1-year-old son. I haven't invested in mutual fund investments before and seek your guidance on how much to invest and in which mutual funds. My financial goals are as follows: Accumulate atleast 6 crores before retirement (in the next 20 years). Save atleast 1 crore for my son's higher education in the next 15 years. Set aside atleast 50 lakhs for my son's marriage in the next 20-25 years. My current investments include: PPF - 1.5 Lakhs per annum for the last 5 years. NPS - 50000 per annum for the last 3 year. ULIP - 1.2 Lakh per annum for last 1 year One SBI scheme - 1.2 Lakhs per annum for last 3 years My wife is also working with monthly income of 1.4 Lakhs. I would greatly appreciate your advice on how to structure my mutual fund investments to achieve these goals. Thank You.
Ans: Given your financial goals and current investments, here's a suggested approach to structure your mutual fund investments:

Retirement Corpus (6 Crores in 20 years):
Start SIPs in diversified equity mutual funds with a focus on long-term growth. Allocate a significant portion of your investments towards equity funds to harness their wealth-building potential over the long term. Consider a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds to diversify across market segments and manage risk effectively. Review and increase your SIP amounts periodically, considering your income growth and inflation.
Son's Higher Education (1 Crore in 15 years):
Allocate a portion of your mutual fund investments specifically towards your son's education goal. Since the timeframe is relatively shorter, consider a balanced approach with a mix of equity and debt funds to balance growth potential with capital preservation. Gradually shift towards debt-oriented funds as the goal approaches to safeguard against market volatility and ensure capital protection.
Son's Marriage (50 Lakhs in 20-25 years):
Similar to the education goal, allocate a portion of your investments towards your son's marriage goal. Since the timeframe is longer, you can afford a more aggressive approach with a higher allocation towards equity funds. As the goal approaches, gradually shift towards more conservative investments to protect the accumulated corpus.
Review and Rebalance:
Regularly review your mutual fund investments and rebalance your portfolio as needed to ensure alignment with your financial goals and risk tolerance. Consider consulting with a Certified Financial Planner to periodically reassess your goals, investment strategy, and progress towards achieving them.
Remember, investing is a long-term commitment, and staying disciplined, diversified, and focused on your goals is key to achieving financial success.

Hi Sir ,I am a teacher and Have two children. I am investing in the following for my retirement and child s education. Ppf 6000 Mutual fund in Sbi focused equity 2000 Tata small cap 1500 Quant small cap 2000 Motilal midcap 2000 Kotak emerging equity 2000 Hdfc balanced fund 3000 Hdfc flexi cap 2000 Sbi nifty index fund 2000 Uti momentum 30 index 2000 Please suggest if all the funds are well and it will manage my goals like children studies in 10 to 15 years?
Ans: It's wonderful to see your proactive approach towards securing your retirement and your children's education. Let's review your investment portfolio to ensure it aligns with your goals:

PPF: This is a great choice for long-term savings due to its tax benefits and safety. Keep contributing regularly to maximize its potential.
Mutual Funds: Your selection of mutual funds seems well-diversified across different categories, including large-cap, small-cap, mid-cap, balanced funds, and index funds. However, having too many funds can sometimes lead to overlap and complexity. Consider consolidating your portfolio to a manageable number of funds while ensuring diversification across asset classes.
Child's Education: For your children's education, ensure that you are investing in a mix of equity and debt instruments to balance risk and returns. Also, consider starting a separate SIP specifically for their education expenses to build a dedicated corpus over time.
Retirement: While investing in equity funds can provide higher returns over the long term, ensure you have a balanced approach considering your risk tolerance and investment horizon. Additionally, review your asset allocation periodically and make adjustments as needed to stay on track towards your retirement goals.
Regular Review: It's essential to review your portfolio regularly and make adjustments based on changes in your financial situation, market conditions, and investment goals. Consider consulting with a Certified Financial Planner periodically to ensure your investment strategy remains optimal.
Overall, your investment choices appear well-thought-out, but it's crucial to monitor and fine-tune your portfolio regularly to ensure it continues to meet your financial objectives.

Keep up the excellent work, and continue your disciplined approach towards investing for a secure financial future for you and your family!