Roopashree

Roopashree Sharma  |187 Answers  |Ask -

Yoga, Naturopathy Expert - Answered on Feb 29, 2024

Roopashree Sharma, a qualified yoga trainer and naturopathy enthusiast, is the founder of Atharvanlife.
Sooriya Question by Sooriya on Feb 18, 2024Hindi

My name is Sooriya, and I am writing to seek your guidance on a multifaceted set of goals I am committed to achieving in the coming years. I am currently 31 years old, standing at a height of 175 cm and weighing 89 kg. Over the past few years, I have actively engaged in a daily fitness routine, incorporating brisk walking and other exercises to address my weight management goals. Despite a successful reduction from 110 to 82 kg in the past, recent circumstances led to a weight gain, and I am determined to attain a weight of 70 kg or below. While personal constraints prevent me from joining a gym, I have dedicated an additional hour to my daily exercise routine. However, one of my challenges lies in frequent consumption of meals outside, even though I practice moderation. I would greatly appreciate any insights or recommendations you may have to help me effectively address this issue and achieve my weight loss objective. Additionally, I face the challenge of managing ADHD. Although I am currently on medication, progress has been limited. My goal is to overcome ADHD without medication, and any guidance or strategies you could provide in this regard would be invaluable. On the professional front, I am committed to excelling in my job, considering the responsibility of taking care of aging parents with a limited salary. I aim to become proficient in Carnatic music, having dedicated 20 years to the art and completed a diploma in first class. Simultaneously, I am learning German with the goal of clearing the A1 level. In the broader scope, my aspirations include becoming a pro in my job, achieving proficiency in German, excelling in Carnatic music concerts, and obtaining an additional PG degree. Furthermore, I am resolute in settling down, reducing my weight to 70 kg, and ensuring overall fitness by the age of 33. I acknowledge struggles with focus, procrastination, and a lack of proactiveness in my work, and I am actively seeking guidance to overcome these challenges. Your insights and recommendations would be highly valued as I embark on this journey towards personal and professional development. I appreciate your time and consideration.

Ans: It is good that you know yourself - both positives and your limitations. Everything is possible if you keep a balanced mind, along with your zeal - this way you can focus your energies in the right place. Therefore, to control the mind - meditation is key. I suggest you explore some of the Vipasana kendras near your residence. Be careful of misleading online videos and search for a good yoga/ vipasana teacher.

Roopashree

Roopashree Sharma  |187 Answers  |Ask -

Yoga, Naturopathy Expert - Answered on Mar 23, 2023

Hi Gurus! I am 40 yr old MAN and I have never been regular at gym or exercising. I am 5 kg overweight as per my recent BMI and heart age of 52 yrs (not sure how reliable those results are but they definitely indicate something needs to be fixed) but no other serious health issues 🤞. However, I do perform some form of stretching, push-ups etc once in a couple of weeks which my physiotherapist advised as I had sciatica related pain in past. I do get back pain due to sedimentary lifestyle. Basically, I have not been taking my body and fitness seriously so far in my life. Now, I want to consciously start working out and get more active (my 40th B’day resolution 😊 ) and hence need your help with following (probably silly) situation: - I always wake-up hungry (~ 7:30 AM) and end up having a filling breakfast e.g 2 parathas or 5-6 cookies or 3-4 slices of toast & butter with mug full of chai with enough sugar and hence not able to exercise in the morning. Starting my day with red cross (❌) mark against a task (exercising) doesn’t set a good precedence either. In past I tried starting my day with glass of lukewarm water and lemon / honey etc but in just matter or 20-30 mins, I would feel extremely hungry, and I end up overeating, feeling more guilty ☹. Even after stuffing so much, I am again super hungry by ~13:00 ish for Lunch. TBH, I don’t see people around me eating so much ☹ -I cannot exercise in the evening as there is not fixed time when I would end my day. Also, I want to keep my evenings free for other imp things in my life 😉 Please guide how can I address my above issue so that either I don’t wake up hungry or I can eat something and still exercise. I googled my symptoms, and it says it’s a sign of PMS (?)
Ans: :) It looks like you have identified your problem, now the only thing left is to take steps in the right direction. If you are having dinner by 8PM or so, it is ok to feel hungry in the morning. It is good to take plain lukewarm water in the morning (3-4 glasses is also ok), you can eat if you feel hungry within half hour or so. To find the right time for exercise, start your day early by 06AM, so that you can have water and exercise by 07AM and still have your breakfast at 8AM.
Considering your current lifestyle, start with 15-20 mins of moderate walking, don't start with rigorous exercise as it may lead to muscle cramping. Ideally, you should go out for walking, but if you can't find time then find innovative ways like - spot walking, using your balcony or any free area near you. After a month you can gradually start with slow surya namaskar (if you havent practiced earlier, learn from a professional yoga practitioner and don't follow random online videos. Even 10-11 rounds are enough for the day, you can increase gradually as your stamina increases.
In your diet, replace cookies and biscuits with heathier options - get good quality home made, oats or whole wheat cookies, with jaggery, instead of white sugar and preservatives. Just to rule out any ailments, you can get a full body check-up including 2-3 Echo under prescription from a physician. Hope you can continue with your evening routine with your health routine...
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 14, 2024

Eventhough you are ready to Grab the oppurtunity and behave in flexible manner When you are not working currwntly it becomes nightmare to join a job once again HR dept, Interview panel Sr Mgmt dont look for Solutions to their Requirements posted online whether it is Naukri or Indeed or Linkedin Getting selected but not finalising Putting Selected candidates on hold for 2 to 3 / Even 3 to 6 months shows worst economy In india especially post covid scenario Not able to recover in career to bring myself back on track after innumerable attempts Location constraints Language constraints Relavang exp / Relavant ind constraints Age constraints Slow Decision making from Corp Mgmt and BUSINESS HEAD / MD / CEO Facing rejection with cool attitude
Ans: Thank you for sharing it to me. It sounds like you're facing a challenging situation, and I understand how frustrating it can be to navigate the job market, especially in the current economic climate. Here are some insights and strategies to help you cope with these challenges:

Despite facing setbacks and rejections, it's essential to remain persistent and resilient in your job search. Keep applying to relevant positions, refining your resume and cover letter, and reach out your professionals network in your industry and consider broadening your job search criteria to include a wider range of industries, roles, and locations to help yourself. Invest your time in continuous learning and skill development to enhance your qualifications and make yourself more competitive in the job market by pursuing certifications, online courses, or workshops relevant to your field to stay updated with industry trends and requirements. Try to attend industry events, join professional associations, and leverage online networking platforms like LinkedIn to expand your professional network and access potential job leads. Despite the challenges you're facing, try to maintain a positive mindset and focus on the aspects of your job search that you can control. Keep practicing self-care, stay motivated, and celebrate small victories along the way to stay resilient in the face of adversity.

Always remember that setbacks and challenges are a natural part of the growth process, and it's essential to persevere and adapt your approach based on your experiences. Stay proactive, keep learning and searching better jobs, and trust that your efforts will eventually lead to success. Best of luck! Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further assistance or help.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

Sir, I am 27 year old. Single . Working in a psu as a manager. I hate my job. I am not that great at study. I really want to earn a lot of money, travel and retire at the age of 45-50. But I don’t know how ? Should I do mba ? At this age ? I am middle class ! UPSC ? Learn coding? Stop dreaming?
Ans: It's reasonable to feel dissatisfied with your current job and to aspire for more. Considering your age, career stage, and goals, here are some considerations and potential paths you could explore:

Pursuing an MBA can be a valuable option if you're seeking to advance your career, switch industries, or develop managerial and business skills. Many MBA programs welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those with experience in public sector organizations. If you're interested in a career in civil services and have a passion for public administration, policy-making, and governance, preparing for the UPSC exam could be a viable option. Keep in mind that UPSC preparation requires dedication, perseverance, and thorough understanding of current affairs and the Indian administrative system. Learning coding and acquiring technical skills can open up opportunities in the rapidly growing field of technology as well. If you have innovative ideas and a strong desire to create your own path, entrepreneurship could be worth exploring. Starting your own business or venture allows you to pursue your passions, take control of your career, and potentially achieve financial independence. However, entrepreneurship also involves risks and uncertainties, so it's crucial to conduct thorough market research, develop a solid business plan, and be prepared for challenges along the way. Regardless of your career path, prioritizing financial planning and investments can help you work towards your goal of retiring early. Consider consulting with a financial advisor to create a personalized financial plan, explore investment opportunities, and establish a savings strategy that aligns with your income, expenses, and retirement goals. Finally, focus on personal development and self-discovery to clarify your values, interests, and priorities. Reflect on what truly motivates and fulfills you, and explore ways to incorporate those elements into your career and lifestyle choices.

Ultimately, there's no one-size-fits-all answer, and the best path for you will depend on your unique circumstances, strengths, and aspirations. Take the time to explore your options, gather information, and make informed decisions that align with your goals and aspirations. Remember that it's never too late to pursue your dreams and create the life you desire. Best of Luck! Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further assistance or help.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

I have recently completed my Masters in Zoology; specialisation in Cell Biology & Cytogenetics. Also, I hold a degree of Bachelor in Science as well as Bachelor in Education. Right now, I'm in that stage of life where you see a lot of options in your career; though confused which one to pursue as in the developing scenario, I want something that gives good money as well as requires my knowledge. Need experts advice.
Ans: Given your educational background and specialization in Cell Biology & Cytogenetics, as well as your dual degree in Science and Education, you have a diverse range of career options to explore. Here are some potential career paths that align with your qualifications and interests:

You can pursue a career as a research scientist in academic institutions, government agencies, or private research organizations, work in the biotechnology industry in roles such as research associate, laboratory technician, or quality control specialist or work as a clinical laboratory scientist or medical technologist in hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, or healthcare facilities or work as genetic counselor to assess risk of inherited genetic disorders and provide information and support regarding genetic testing, diagnosis, and treatment options, or work as biology teacher, college lecturer, or educational consultant or work as a science writer or editor, writing articles, blogs, or educational materials on topics related to cell biology, genetics, and cytogenetics or work as a regulatory affairs specialist, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines for the development and approval of drugs, biologics, and medical devices.

Consider your interests, career goals, and desired work environment when exploring these options. You may also benefit from networking with professionals in your field, seeking informational interviews, or gaining hands-on experience through internships or volunteer opportunities to help you make an informed decision about your career path. Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further help or assistance.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

Hallo Sir, Myself Sanjay Agarwal. My daughter pursued her M.Sc. (physics) from Delhi University in 2010–11. But could not clear it and got back papers in two subjects. She joined the service as a teacher (TGT) in a reputed 10+2 school and, after that, got married. As she is also teaching the 11 and 12 standards (supposed to be taught by PGT) and the results of her students are extremely good, now she wants to complete her PG in Physics so that she may be allotted the class as PGT. Her school is also suggesting this to her, and they are ready to provide the necessary permissions for that. Please suggest that after 10–12 years of back papers in DU, is it possible to clear those back papers now? Or may you suggest alternatives so that she may complete her M.Sc. in Physics?
Ans: Thank you for getting in touch with me on Rediff Gurus. It's commendable that your daughter is considering furthering her education to advance her career. While clearing back papers after a significant gap may pose challenges, it's not impossible. She should reach out to the concerned department or administrative office at Delhi University to inquire about their policies and procedures for clearing back papers after a long gap. They can provide guidance on the possibility and process involved. If clearing the back papers is possible, she can start preparing for the exams by going through her study materials, seeking guidance from professors, and practicing past exam papers. She can also consider private universities and institutions as an alternative which are offering PG courses in Physics that may have more flexible admission and examination policies, if clearing back papers at Delhi University seems challenging. Kindly encourage your daughter to assess these options carefully, with determination and perseverance to achieve her educational and professional aspirations. Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further assistance or help.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 13, 2024

Hii, I am BCA passout student in year 2021, and currently I am pursuing LLB degree so at that time I am still confused to choose a career, so plz tell me what are the pros and cons of both degree and which degree makes money earlier and great future provide to me
Ans: Thank you for getting in touch with me. Choosing between a Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) and a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree can be a significant decision that depends on various factors including your interests, skills, career goals, and personal preferences. Here are some pros and cons of both degrees to help you make an informed decision:

Pros of BCA: Lucrative Job Opportunities, High Demand and Competitive Salaries,
Cons of BCA: Rapid Technological Changes, Job Competition and Work-Life Balance
Pros of LLB: Prestigious Career, Diverse Practice Areas, Stable Income, Advocacy and Social Impact
Cons of LLB: Lengthy Education and Training, High Competition, Work-Life Balance

When considering which degree may provide better financial prospects and a great future, it's essential to weigh your interests, strengths, career goals, and personal preferences. Both BCA and LLB offer promising career paths with opportunities for growth, success, and fulfillment, but the right choice ultimately depends on your individual aspirations and aspirations. Additionally, exploring potential career paths, networking with professionals in each field, and mentors can help you make an informed decision that aligns with your long-term goals and aspirations. Good luck! Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further help or assistance.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

How to apply for internship in Rosell techsys pvt ltd
Ans: Happy to hear from you! To apply for an internship at Rosell Techsys, you can follow these instructions mentioned below:

First visit the official website of Rosell Techsys Pvt Ltd. You can also search for any internship openings on job portals as well such as Freshersworld, Shine, Indeed, Naukri.com or LinkedIn. Then look for internship opportunities that match your skills, interests, and career goals by paying attention to the job descriptions, requirements, and application deadlines mentioned on the website. Prepare your resume/CV highlighting your relevant skills, qualifications, academic achievements, and any previous internship or work experience and write a compelling cover letter expressing your interest in the internship position and explaining why you are a suitable candidate. You should customize your cover letter for each application to make it more personalized and impactful then submit your application through the company's official website or the job portal where the internship opening is posted. Please follow the application instructions carefully and ensure that you attach all required documents, such as your resume/CV and cover letter. After submitting your application, be patient and wait for a response from Rosell Techsys. If your application is shortlisted, you may be contacted for further rounds of interviews or assessments. Prepare for interviews by researching the company, understanding its products/services, and familiarizing yourself with the internship role and responsibilities. Be confident, articulate, and enthusiastic during the interview process. If you are selected for the internship, review the terms and conditions of the internship offer carefully, including the duration, stipend (if any), and expectations and respond to the offer promptly and confirm your acceptance of the internship position.

By following these instructions and presenting yourself as a qualified candidate, you can increase your chances of securing an internship opportunity at Rosell Techsys Pvt Ltd. Good luck! Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further guidance or assistance.