Dr Vinod

Dr Vinod Kumar  |133 Answers  |Ask -

Kidney Health Specialist - Answered on Aug 21, 2023

Dr Vinod Kumar is a consultant kidney health specialist at Aster RV Hospital, Bengaluru. His expertise includes critical care nephrology, paediatric nephrology and kidney transplantation. He has performed more than 500 kidney transplants, including robotic and high-risk transplants.
Anirban Question by Anirban on Aug 21, 2023Hindi

Hi Dr I am 42 years male on single kidney having gone radical nephrectomy earlier this year due to malignant cyst on the right kidney. After surgery I am completely back to normal life and is under periodic check up. My creatinine levels are bit on the higher side which is 1.47 when tested yesterday and also phosphorus is 5.2 . I am a bit worried on the same. Kindly advise what to do

Ans: Reduce the intake of milk and milk products. Keep a close watch on creatinine every 2 months. Avoid pain killers. Follow a healthy lifestyle. Some elevation in the creatinine is expected after nephrectomy which usually will get stabilised after some time. But needs regular follow with a nephrologist.