Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |917 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Feb 03, 2023

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan has been practising for 30 years.
She specialises in general medicine, child development and senior citizen care.
A graduate from Madurai Medical College, she has DNB training in paediatrics and a postgraduate degree in developmental neurology.
She has trained in Tai chi, eurythmy, Bothmer gymnastics, spacial dynamics and yoga.
SANKAR Question by SANKAR on Feb 03, 2023Hindi

I am of 75 years. I do take homely food only, Even that some time in the morning after leaving bed I feel upper thrust of gas with pain in the junction of stomach and chest and sweat in head. For remedy I have to take rest in laying side wise and takes homeo medicines ( Carboveg 30+Natrum Phos 6x+Nux Vom-30). After 2 hours I become ok. Some time I tried with Pan-D medicine also. There is no fixed time of it's repeatation. It may repeat after an week or few months. Can you please suggest any method by which I can get permanent solution.

Ans: Please rule out any unde lying cardiac issues consulting a Cardiologist.
And get an USG upper abdomen to rule out Gall stones.
If these both are ruled out then it can be managed with small frequent meals, avoiding spicy and oily food. Try and keep at least 4 hrs gap between your dinner and sleep