Sarvesh

Sarvesh Agrawal  | Answer  |Ask -

Internship, Online Education Expert - Answered on Jan 31, 2023

In 2010, Sarvesh Agrawal founded Internshala, an online career platform that helps college students find internships and fresh graduates find job opportunities. Internshala also has its own skill-training platform, Internshala Trainings. Agrawal, who was the first student from his hometown, Nawalgarh (in Rajasthan) to make it to an IIT, holds an MTech in civil engineering from IIT-Madras. As Internshala’s CEO, he hopes to help students and young graduates get the right start to their career.... more
Anonymous Question by Anonymous on Jan 27, 2023Hindi

Hi Sarvesh, I'm a final year student pursuing graduation with no work experience. How can I apply for an internship at Google?

Ans: Google advertises its internships on its career pages regularly - I would advise you to keep an eye out. This article (https://blog.internshala.com/2016/04/how-to-get-an-internship-at-google/) also has more information on application process etc. Also, while work experience is not a pre-requisite, Google would certainly expect a strong command over programming and a good portfolio of projects while hiring you as intern. All the best!

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 29, 2024

I am a student of CS 2nd year in a 3-tier collage how can I get an internship opportunity, I am good at C, Java, HTML,CSS and Also Swing.
Ans: Securing an internship opportunity as a second-year computer science student requires proactive steps and effective networking. Create a well-structured resume highlighting your skills, relevant coursework, projects, and any previous experience. Tailor your resume to emphasize your proficiency in programming languages such as C, Java, HTML, CSS, and Swing, along with any notable projects or achievements. Check with your college's career services department or placement cell for internship opportunities. Attend career fairs, workshops, and networking events organized by your college to connect with recruiters and industry professionals. Explore online job portals, internship websites, and professional networking platforms such as Naukri, LinkedIn, and Internshala. Look for internship openings on the careers or internship pages of company websites. Many companies, including startups and tech firms, actively recruit interns throughout the year. Attend industry meetups, tech conferences, or hackathons to network with professionals and expand your contacts. Request informational interviews with professionals working in your desired field to learn about their career paths and inquire about internship opportunities. Participate in online coding platforms such as HackerRank, LeetCode, or CodeSignal to practice coding challenges and improve your problem-solving skills. Practice coding interview questions, algorithms, and data structures commonly asked in technical interviews. 

Remember to customize your application materials for each internship opportunity, highlighting relevant skills and experiences. Be persistent in your search, follow up on applications, and stay proactive in seeking out opportunities. Internships provide valuable hands-on experience, networking opportunities, and insights into the industry, so make the most of this learning opportunity to further your career goals in computer science.

Dr Nagarajan J S K

Dr Nagarajan J S K   |47 Answers  |Ask -

Health Science and Pharmaceutical Careers Expert - Answered on Jul 20, 2024

Dr Nagarajan J S K

What is better to choose between vet or bpharm (I am a gen category student).According to my research I came to know that in today's market the bpharm graduates are not even considered as reputated pharmacists,after the degree too they get placements of 12k-15k per month only and growth even after a master's is not much. Whereas in vet gov vacancies are open but will everyone get the gov jobs ? Also in coming years what are the demands of these both fields and what is better to choose
Ans: Hi,
It seems there may be some misunderstanding and disappointment regarding the analysis of job opportunities in the pharmaceutical field. It's important to note that the pharmaceutical sector still holds promising prospects. However, it is essential for candidates to acquire in-depth knowledge. Completing a B.Pharm alone does not guarantee comprehensive expertise. It's essential to delve beyond the basic surface-level knowledge obtained during undergraduate studies. I'm unaware of your state of residence and the college where you pursued your B.Pharm.

Key locations with a strong pharmaceutical industry presence include Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad. Chennai also has a few reputable pharmaceutical companies, albeit in limited numbers. It's crucial to consider your career choice rather than just a job. What is your preference: IT, Marketing/Sales, or Core Pharma? In IT, the remuneration is considerably higher in comparison to core pharmaceutical roles, but sustainability may be a concern. On the other hand, Sales/Marketing requires hard work but offers significantly better remuneration, e.g., INR 6-8L per annum. If the pharmaceutical industry is your preference, starting packages for fresh B. Pharm graduates typically range between INR 15,000 to 25,000.

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. I wish you the best for your future endeavors.