Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Feb 18, 2024

Mayank Rautela is the group chief human resources officer at Care Hospitals.
dinesh Question by dinesh on Dec 19, 2023Hindi

Hi Mayank ji myself dinesh negi searching for new job opportunity in operation

Ans: All the best

Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Mar 02, 2021

Hi Mayank,Hope you are doing great.I am Jitendranath, 45 years, from Hyderabad. I am writing this after reading your article on Rediff.Basically I am a mechanical engineer having 20+ years of experience in the EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) and manufacturing industry in the procurement/SCM function.I worked with companies like Fenner and Kirby in Hyderabad before moving to Thermax, Pune, where I worked for 6+ years. I then returned to Hyderabad with the intention of starting a small business.But, even after four years, I couldn't succeed in establishing my business and lost all the capital. So I started searching for suitable positions.I have had no success since the past two years as the EPC and manufacturing industry is itself struggling for several years (since 2012) from scams like coalgate, policy paralysis, demonetisation, GST and now COVID-19.Even though there are a few jobs in the market, I may not be meeting their requirements.Could you please help me?How I should change and develop my skills to meet current and future demand so that I get a suitable job? I am the single source of income for my family of six.Thanks and regards,Jitendranath V

Hi Jitendranath.

I believe you have the right foundation to restart your corporate career.

You can plan that with these specific points:

1. With your background in EPC, and with the economy looking up, you can focus on infrastructure and the real estate industry.

2. You can also explore opportunities in international markets like the Middle East and Canada.

3. With 20 years of experience, you must continue to focus on managerial and leadership competencies.

All the best.

Sir, is it good to get into IIT Tirupathi for CSE or BITS Goa ECE ?
Ans: Some factors to consider before you decide out of these 2 Institutes (1) ECE is slightly tougher than CSE (2) Number of Recruiters / Companies visiting for Campus Recruitment will be lesser compared to CSE (3) Some IT Companies prefer even ECE Students during Campus Recruitment (3) Fees is much on higher side in BITS. Around 35.00 Lacs you will have to spend, whereas IIT-T is much affordable. (4) Your Interest: CSE or ECE?. Think for 5-minutes over these factors. You will be able to decide the better and more suitable one for you. All The BEST for your Bright Future. To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs, | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Management Quota Admission Ideal or Not? | Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Labour Laws | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad) | SOP Writing Tips’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here