Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |56 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Mar 22, 2024

Harsh Bharwani is a fourth generation entrepreneur.
As CEO and managing director, he leads the international business and employability initiatives at the computer networking institute, Jetking Infotrain Limited.
After graduating from Delhi University, Bharwani joined the family business in 2010 and set up operations in the US and Vietnam.
Asked by Anonymous - Oct 30, 2023Hindi

Hello sir. I want to start a bakery business at some location. I don't know how to evalutae the location and maket research for that particular business. What should i do sir.

Ans: Hey! For Starting a bakery business is an exciting venture, and evaluating the location and conducting market research are crucial steps to ensure its success. I suggest here what you can do to evaluate the locality and market cap,

Location Evaluation:-

Identify locations with potential: Look for near by areas with high footfall of traffic, proximity to residential areas, offices, schools, and shopping marts etc. Also, consider the accessibility of the location and parking availability.

Analyze demographics: Understand the demographics of the area, including population density, income levels, age groups, and consumer preferences. This will help you determine your target audience.

Assess competition: Research existing bakeries and food establishments in the certain areas. And evaluate their offers, prices of product, and customer base to identify gaps in the market that your bakery can fill.

Ensure that the location complies with zoning regulations and permits required for operating a bakery business. Check for any restrictions on signage, outdoor seating, or operating hours.

Market Research:-

To make your bakery business successful, you need to conduct surveys or interviews with residents in the area to understand their preferences regarding bakery products, pricing, and service expectations. Research current trends in the bakery industry such as demand for specialty baked goods, health-conscious options, or artisanal products. Identify opportunities to differentiate your bakery from competitors. Determine competitive pricing for your products based on the cost of ingredients, overhead expenses, and desired profit margin. Consider offering promotions or discounts to attract customers.

Develop a marketing plan to promote your bakery and products. This includes strategies for social media, local advertising, and community engagement. Create a unique brand identity that resonates with your target audience.

Prepare a financial plan outlining the startup costs, operating expenses, and projected revenue for your bakery business. Consider seeking advice from a financial advisor or accountant to ensure accuracy.

In conclusion, it is important to carefully assess the location and market to gain useful perspectives for making insightful decisions and ensuring that your bakery business thrives. If necessary, do not hesitate to seek help from industry professionals, consultants, or local trade organizations for further guidance and support. I wish you all the best of luck with your bakery endeavor!

Hi My son is in class 12th CBSE. Would be looking for admission in overseas universities for next year admissions. He has taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology as his main subjects. Can you guide me which subjects he can choose for his undergraduate course or which course should he choose for a better career. Also, kindly guide me which countries would be better for him.
Ans: Saumyaa Madam, please let me know, your son is interested in which subject / stream / course? His academic performance in 10th / 12th? If possible, please arrange for him to attempt a 'Psychometric Test' (available online) for Rs.1000-2000 approx. Test Report provides information about his level of Aptitude, Attitude, Interest, Personality Traits & his orientation Style. You will get a basic idea. After going through this process, please come back and ask with your feedback to recommend the right country / course etc. All the BEST for your Son's Bright Future. To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad)’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

Nayagam PP |
EduJob360 |
CERTIFIED Career Coach
https://www.linkedin.com/in/edujob360/

I purchased an NSC in 2018 and paid tax every year for the interest on accrual basis. But it seems from last year, post offices are providing data to AIS on receipt basis, that is, whole amount of interest on maturity. What happens to the money I paid as taxes in previous years on the same basis? How do I adjust them? Please help as many people I now face this issue.
Ans: You're right! The tax treatment of NSC interest can be confusing. Here's what you need to know:

Good news: The taxes you've paid on the accrued interest in previous years are valid. You don't need to adjust them.

Why?

The Income Tax department in India treats interest earned on NSCs on an accrual basis, even though the interest is paid out at maturity. This means you were correct to pay taxes on the accrued interest every year.

What about the data mismatch with AIS?

The post office might now be reporting the entire interest on maturity to the Annual Information Statement (AIS). This can create a discrepancy.

How to handle it?

• You don't need to file any corrections for previous years.
• When filing your current year's return, consider the following:

1. If you consistently claimed the accrued interest as income in previous years, only report the interest for the final year (maturity year) in your current return. This avoids double taxation.
2. You can file feedback in the AIS portal mentioning that the interest for the previous years was already offered for tax purposes. This helps in clarifying the situation.

Additional tips:

• It's advisable to maintain records of your previous tax returns where you declared the accrued interest.
• If you have any concerns, consult a tax advisor for personalized guidance specific to your situation.

This is a common issue faced by many NSC holders. By following these steps, you can ensure your tax filing remains accurate.

Sir, We've observed that you tend to recommend institutions like VIT, which have a non-transparent category system (where you 'buy' your way up over other deserving students) over Manipal CSE at both the main campus and the Bangalore campus. You also seem to favor institutions such as RV (I am from RV and a Bangalorean for over 40 years) and BMS, which are no doubt good , but ranked lower than Main Manipal in their placements. Is there a particular reason for this bias against Manipal in your recommendations? Manipal Sikkim, we can understand. Please note, I do not have any family connections to Manipal nor We have anyone studying there. We are exploring fallback options including Manipal for our son in case he doesn't get his desired branch at BITS Pilani or NITs. If a reason as to why 'No Manipal' it'll be helpful for all. Thank you for your guidance.
Ans: Thanks for your feedback. Regarding Manipal, it is one of the top-ranked universities with good placements. I had clearly mentioned it is not suitable, only for SOME (not all) students due to some reasons and the feedback I got some from Manipal students on 'Non-Academic / Psychological' Factors. Psychological factors also play an important role for careers. There are students who are academically strong, but psychologically might be average or below. Regarding VIT, most of the parents'/candidates' questions do not specifically refer about the Category they got. If they clearly mention about the category, I reply accordingly that, to go for VIT only if they can afford the fees. I hope I have clarified your clarified your doubt. Thanks once again for your feedback and for reading my answers. All the BEST for Your Son's Bright Future.

Hello sir.. my son secured 96.07pecentile in JEE mains with a rank around 60k.. basis this he applied and now has a few offers from pvt colleges.. Just to add he has basic knowledge about AI/Python from his school, while he has also registered himself for IITM BS degree online course (this course he plans to keep doing with regular engg). I will be grateful for your guidance on below four pointers... 1. Will it be too much stress to carry on with the online (NPTEL) BS-degree course of IITM with regular full-time BTech? 2. He is getting Elec n Instru at Nirma in round 1.. how would you prefer this EIE branch, from future perspective or is too low placed compared to ECE at same univ. And also critical cons about Nirma UG courses! 3. He has offer for CSE (in round 1) from - JKLU, Jaipur; KJ Somaiya (KJSCE); Symbiosis (SIT); Mahindra Ecole. 4. Thapar, Patiala has offered Robotics in round-1, while we are awaiting results from Jaypee, Sastra and YMCA, Faridabad Please help decide for the best college considering ROI (I mean 25L at some colleges where CSE batch is 1400+) and his future career path. A faster response will help us decide soon, since I have blocked too much money also for the admission offers, which might become a tedious task at refund time! Thanks! Amit
Ans: Amit Sir, Please note (1) Regarding his online Course with NPTEL-IITM, it depends upon how he manages / utilizes his time after joining his BTech. If he manages his time well for both, he can. (2) Better to prefer ECE over E & I (3) Order of Preference: Sastra (Tanjore) | Jaypee | Symbiosis (Hope, out of these 3, you can finalize one) (4) ROI: Rate of Return depends only only upon the College your joins Sir, but also your son's self-motivation, dedication, his academic performance with co-curricular activities in College, Upgrading his skills in 4-years, having professional Linkedin Pofile & his preparation for Campus Interview. Sir, I hope I have clarified all your doubts. Any further clarification, you can raise here. All The Best for Your Son's Bright Future. To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad)’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

Nayagam PP |
EduJob360 |
CERTIFIED Career Coach
https://www.linkedin.com/in/edujob360/

Hi Anu, I'm married since 5 years now and having loving In-Laws who are financially very well to do. My husband and I earn very less as compared to my in-laws, with whom we stay. My husband is 37 years old and earns 47000 INR a month, out of which he saves 35000 INR (in-laws have told him not to spend on house expense, but instead save). The rest 12000 INR he has for himself. I am also working and all my earning is with me. The problem is that he usually ends up spending almost all of the 12K. This angers me as I feel he should focus on saving as much as possible from that. We have an understanding among us that the expense for enjoyment will be borne by me as his major chunk is being saved for "Our" future. Am I wrong to be upset with his spending?
Are you wrong to be upset?
NO and YES...
NO; as you feel wronged that you are the one spending on enjoyment, so where does he spend 12K?
YES; as you have not conveyed it to him or the two of you have not spoken about it earlier. Have you discussed that he must save the 12K?
So, the key to any solid marriage is COMMUNICATION...Communicating your needs, wants, desires, values and aligning them to make the marriage work looking at the larger picture.

Simply have a frank conversation. For all you know, he may just understand where you are coming from; BUT if he wants to spend SOME OF his hard earned money on himself his way, kindly let it be. It's the pride of a man to be able to earn and spend without asking for anyone's permission. Do respect that...