Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 11, 2023

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more

My daughter is in second year of Bio Engineering from MIT Pune. I would like to know what could be her post graduation options within India and abroad. Also if you could guide on how can she can prepare now (other than good grades) to start good career after her engg. studies?

Thank you for contacting us. Your daughter could consider a variety of post-graduate options as an MIT Pune graduate in Bio Engineering, including pursuing a Master's or PhD in bio engineering or a related field, looking for work in the pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology, or healthcare sectors, or taking into account openings in government agencies or startups, both in India and abroad. Your daughter can participate in internships, research projects, and extracurricular activities to get real-world experience and develop transferable skills in order to prepare for a successful career after completing her engineering studies in addition to maintaining strong grades. Networking, putting together a professional portfolio, attending industry events, and keeping up with the newest innovations in the sector can also help her stay competitive in the job market.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jan 08, 2024

My daughter is in third year of B.Sc.. Biotech from kelkar college Mulund. I would like to know what could be her post graduation options within India and abroad. Also if you could guide on how can she can prepare now (other than good grades) to start good career after her studies?
Ans: Hello Mahendra,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am happy to know that your daughter is currently pursuing the 3rd year of her Bachelor’s of Science in Biotechnology and thereafter wishes to pursue her postgraduate studies. Concerning your question as to what could be her PG options within India and abroad, I would like to let you know that we only deal with overseas education. You would be glad to hear that there exist a plethora of choices for a graduate in B.Sc. Biotech wishing to pursue post-graduation overseas. Nations viz., the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States, Australia, or Canada, are regarded for their robust biotech industries, and your daughter could look into the postgraduate programs offered in the fields of Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, or other associated areas of study in these countries. I would also recommend that she conducts an all-round study on universities well-known for the programs they offer in her preferred field of study, as well as investigates their prerequisites for admission, viz., English competency tests like the IELTS or TOEFL, or standardized tests like the GRE. As an answer to your query on how she can prepare now (other than good grades) to embark on a good career post her studies, I would like to say that your daughter, alongside maintaining strong grades, can engage in internship opportunities or take up jobs of a research assistant to acquire pertinent research experience, actively participate in extracurricular activities associated with her field of interest, craft a compelling SOP that outlines her educational objectives and ambitions, as well as build meaningful connections with academics or industry experts to boost her profile. Her opportunities for a successful job after graduation can be enhanced by staying abreast with developments in the field of biotechnology through online classes, seminars, and conferences.