Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |55 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Jul 04, 2023

Harsh Bharwani is a fourth generation entrepreneur.
As CEO and managing director, he leads the international business and employability initiatives at the computer networking institute, Jetking Infotrain Limited.
After graduating from Delhi University, Bharwani joined the family business in 2010 and set up operations in the US and Vietnam.
yadnya Question by yadnya on Jun 16, 2023Translate

Currently i am bsc biotect 2 year student As i always wanted to be a doctor i will become 20 after a month as my parents are not allow to drop and i feel depreessed after 3 bad results and now I can't decide what to pursue neet or biotect i always kneen in mbbs but i always manage to score 8-9 cgpa in biotect without much effort what should you suggest and the thing is that i always fascinated about neurology ,neuroscience things but i can't understand now will you help me

Ans: I understand that you're currently a second-year BSc Biotechnology student and you've always had a desire to become a doctor. However, you've been experiencing difficulty and feeling depressed after receiving three bad results. You're unsure whether to pursue NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for medical school or continue with your Biotechnology studies. Additionally, you have a fascination with neurology and neuroscience but are having trouble understanding your current situation. I'll do my best to provide guidance.

1. Assess Your Academic Performance: Take a moment to reflect on your academic performance in Biotechnology. Although you mentioned scoring well with 8-9 CGPA, consider whether you genuinely enjoy the subject and have a passion for it. If you're finding Biotechnology to be more effortless compared to your interest in medicine, it's essential to weigh your options carefully.
2. Research Medical School Requirements: Look into the requirements for medical school admission, including NEET, to understand the criteria, eligibility, and preparation needed. Find out the deadlines, syllabus, and any other relevant information regarding the entrance exam. This will help you make an informed decision based on your capabilities and readiness.
3. Explore Alternative Pathways: If pursuing medicine through NEET seems challenging at the moment, consider other pathways within the healthcare field that align with your interests. Neurology and neuroscience offer various career opportunities beyond medical school, such as pursuing research, becoming a neuroscientist, or working in related healthcare roles. Research these alternative paths and see if they resonate with you.
4. Seek Guidance: Talk to academic advisors, mentors, or professionals in the medical and biotechnology fields. They can provide valuable insights and guidance based on their experience. Discuss your concerns, aspirations, and academic performance with them to gain perspective and clarity.
5. Reflect on Your Motivation: Understand your motivations for wanting to become a doctor and how it aligns with your fascination for neurology and neuroscience. Consider the challenges and sacrifices involved in pursuing a medical career. Reflecting on your true passion and drive can help you make a decision that brings fulfilment and satisfaction.
6. Focus on Self-Care: It's crucial to prioritize your mental and emotional well-being during this decision-making process. Take care of yourself, seek support from loved ones, and consider talking to a counsellor or therapist if you're experiencing depression or anxiety. Taking care of yourself will allow you to make decisions from a place of strength.

Remember, this decision is ultimately yours to make, and it's important to choose a path that aligns with your passion, strengths, and aspirations. Give yourself time, gather information, and seek support from those around you. Trust in your abilities and make a decision that feels right for you.

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations