Chandu

Chandu Nair  |55 Answers  |Ask -

VC, Angel Investing, Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Nov 02, 2023

Chandu Nair advises entrepreneurs and enterprises about creating and building their business.
He has direct experience in angel, venture capital and strategic investor funding. Over the last three decades, he has made a name for himself in industry, consultancy, media and information services.
Nair is on the advisory boards of the Chennai-based private equity firm Fulcrum and the social impact fund, Menterra. He's an independent director on the board of India's first retail building products company, Shankara Building Products Limited.
Devendra Question by Devendra on Sep 08, 2023Hindi

I am 48 y old I lost my job last 6 month ,I have 18yr experience in korean mnc company in purchase department,now I want to start our bussiness ,pls let me know how to I start bussiness

Ans: First, assess your current situation overall - personal and professional and be sure that own business is the most viable/ sensible option.
Then, make a list of ideas that resonate strongly with you, refine it, do some initial validation and shortlist on the final 1/2 that are most appealing.
Figure out the finances required, personal (for the family) and for the business. Ensure that it will not create issues that can derail you.
Time now for more on the ground market research including prospective users/buyers, assessing competition/ alternatives, checking with suppliers, regulatory environment etc.
Make an initial business plan with key assumptions clearly spelt out and validated as much as possible. Also see if you want to have partners/ co-founders who share this vision and have complementary skills/ experience.
See if you can make an initial prototype of your offering (MVP minimum viable product) and again test it with your potential customers; iterate to see what changes are required including revenue models, go to market approaches etc.
Now is the time to formally register your business - single person company, LLP etc. Get professional expertise as required.
Revisit your Business plan and change as required.
Formally launch, test market, make changes and then go full steam ahead

All the best.

Sir, My son has secured a rank of 8680 in TS EAMCET and 4998 in AP EAMCET. As counseling in both states has not yet started, we are exploring various options. I have come to know that VIT-AP is offering seats through AP EAMCET. Additionally, he has received the following offers: - CSE at SRM Ramapuram - ECE at Amrita Nagercoil - CSE at KIIT Bhubaneswar Please suggest the best colleges in order of preference, keeping in mind my son's interest in pursuing CSE, preferably in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana where he may get a seat. Thank you.
Ans: Vijay Sir, Order of Preference (as you prefer AP / Telangana First) (1) VIT-AP (2) KIIT-Bhubaneswar (3) Any one of the Top 5-Colleges in AP through TS-EAMCET or AP-EAMCET (4) CSE-SRM. Please ignore ECE-Amrita-Nagercoil which is totally down-TN. Whatever Institute / University & Branch your Son chooses, he should keep upgrading his skills from his 1st year itself till his Campus Placement during his last year, from LinkedIn, Coursera, NPTEL, Internshala etc. and / or any other online platforms, recommended by his College Faculties, to be COMPETENT among other Students. All the BEST Vijay Sir, for your Son's Bright Future. To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs, | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Management Quota Admission Ideal or Not? | How to Prepare for Campus Recruitment? | Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Labour Laws | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad) | SOP Writing Tips’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.