Jigar

Jigar Patel  |267 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Jul 28, 2023

Jigar Patel is a senior manager (technical research analyst) at Anand Rathi Shares and Stock Brokers.
He has around seven years of experience in the stock markets and specialises in sharing outlooks based on technical analysis.
Kanchi Question by Kanchi on Jul 26, 2023Hindi

Sir: Is it worth/right investing in Share or equity MF when sensex is 67K? Do u expect it will keep soaring or atleast appreciating slowly?

Ans: will appreciate slowly

I am 🥇 ng these mfs 1.Parag parekh multi cap average invesent per month 6 to 8k in last 8 months ,return 17percent 2. 360 focused equity growth siping rs 2500 since 1.5 years return 20 percent 3. Newly started since 2 months pgim small cap return 4 percent 4. Mirae Blue chip holding 500 units sipped for 2.5 years return 73 percent at present Please advise on the future action like hold or keep investing
Ans: Firstly, it's truly heartening to see your commitment to investing and the returns you've achieved reflect that dedication. You've navigated various market conditions, showcasing resilience and an ability to adapt, which is commendable.

Looking at your portfolio, you've embraced a mix of multi-cap, focused equity, small-cap, and blue-chip funds. Each has its unique characteristics and serves a purpose in a diversified portfolio.

As for your future actions, it's essential to reflect on your investment goals. Are you investing for a specific milestone or a long-term horizon? The returns you've achieved are commendable, but what's the story behind these numbers? Understanding the 'why' behind your investments can guide your future decisions.

For your existing funds, consider reviewing their performance against benchmarks and their alignment with your goals. For new investments, ponder on whether they align with your strategy or introduce a new dimension to your portfolio.

In this journey of financial growth, it's not just about numbers but also about aligning your investments with your aspirations and values. A Certified Financial Planner can provide a holistic perspective, ensuring your investments resonate with your life's broader narrative.

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 27, 2023Hindi
SIR, I am investing 12000/-pm from April 23 , in following MFs. 1.Nippon India small cap @2000/- 2.Axis small cap fund direct growth @1000/- 3.SBI Magnum Mid cap@2000/- 4.Nippon india growth direct fund @1000/- 5.HDFC index S&P BSE sensex direct @2000/- 6.SBI Bluechip direct plan growth @2000/- 7.ICICI prudential bluechip @2000/- Plan for investment is 5 Yrs for a required wealth of 25 Lacs, please advice whether I am on right track.
Ans: Your investment plan seems diversified with allocations across different types of mutual funds, including small-cap, mid-cap, index funds, and large-cap funds. Here are some key points to consider:

Diversification: You have spread your investments across various categories, which can help reduce risk and enhance potential returns over the long term.

Investment Horizon: Investing for a period of 5 years is a good approach, but ensure that your investment horizon aligns with your financial goals. Since equity investments can be volatile in the short term, it's essential to stay invested for the long term to ride out market fluctuations.

Risk Assessment: Small-cap and mid-cap funds tend to be riskier than large-cap and index funds due to their higher volatility. Make sure you are comfortable with the risk level associated with these investments based on your risk tolerance and investment objectives.

Review and Adjust: Regularly review your portfolio's performance and make adjustments if needed. Consider rebalancing your portfolio periodically to maintain your desired asset allocation and risk level.

Professional Advice: If you're uncertain about your investment strategy or need personalized guidance, consider consulting with a financial advisor who can provide tailored recommendations based on your financial situation and goals.

Overall, your investment plan appears to be on the right track, but it's crucial to monitor your investments regularly and stay informed about market developments. Adjust your strategy as needed to stay on course towards achieving your wealth accumulation goal of 25 lakhs in 5 years.

Sir I have investing right now Parag Parikh flexi cap 2k,Nifty Total Market Index Fund 2k,ICICI Prudential Multi Cap Fund 1K,Nippon India Small Cap 1k,Tata Digital fund 500.Request your advice am I right in track for investing MF.
Ans: It's great to see your proactive approach to investing in mutual funds. Let's review your current portfolio and provide some insights:

Parag Parikh Flexi Cap: This fund offers diversification across market segments and has a flexible investment approach. It's a good choice for long-term growth potential.
Nifty Total Market Index Fund: Investing in an index fund provides broad market exposure and low expense ratios. It's suitable for passive investors seeking market returns.
ICICI Prudential Multi Cap Fund: This fund invests across large, mid, and small-cap stocks, providing diversification and potential for higher returns. It complements your portfolio well.
Nippon India Small Cap: Small-cap funds have the potential for high growth but come with higher volatility. Ensure you're comfortable with the risk associated with this fund.
Tata Digital Fund: Investing in thematic funds like digital funds can offer exposure to high-growth sectors. However, they tend to be more volatile and may not suit all investors.
Overall, your portfolio seems well-diversified across market segments and investment styles. However, it's essential to regularly review your investments, monitor fund performance, and adjust your portfolio as needed based on changes in your financial goals and market conditions.

Consider consulting with a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice tailored to your specific needs and goals. They can help ensure that your investment strategy aligns with your long-term financial objectives and risk tolerance.

I am about 68 year's I have two sons who are married via arranged process. My younger son's wife is educated teacher. But she had a torturous up bring during high school days. Leading to least interest in married life after marriage. She deserted my son soon after marriage. This led to break down in marriage now heading for a divorce. Please advise.
Ans: It sounds like a deeply painful situation for everyone involved, especially considering the emotional trauma your daughter-in-law experienced during her formative years.

It's important to recognize that individuals who have gone through traumatic experiences in their youth can carry emotional wounds that affect their relationships later in life. These scars may manifest in ways that make it difficult for them to fully engage in marital life or maintain a healthy relationship.

In situations like these, it’s crucial to approach with empathy and understanding. Your daughter-in-law’s decision to desert your son and pursue divorce likely stems from her own internal struggles and emotional turmoil. It’s not a reflection of your son’s worth or efforts within the marriage.

Moving forward, it might be helpful for your son to focus on his own healing and well-being. Encouraging him to seek support from friends, family, or a professional counselor can provide him with a safe space to process his emotions and navigate this challenging transition.

As a family, offering unconditional support and empathy to both your son and daughter-in-law can create an environment where healing and understanding can begin. It’s important to respect each individual’s journey and decisions while also recognizing the need for compassion during this difficult time.

Hi, I am 40 yr old woman. I am staying with my husband who always doubt me without any reason. As he is dependent on me. He is jobless from last 5 yr. I am the only earning person I don't have any type of attitude. While balancing professional as well as personal life I use to listen his bitter words every day. Not only that he started beating me like anything Just coz of so-called reputation I tolerate him. But 7 months back I came across with a man in my life we both started liking each other, I shared everything with him. But he left his job due to some issues with manager and started working somewhere else. He started ignoring me. Please help me out to understand what is right and wrong in this?
Ans: Balancing the pressures of professional life with the strain of an abusive marriage is a heavy burden, and you deserve to feel safe, respected, and valued.

Your husband's behavior—doubting you without cause, subjecting you to daily verbal abuse, and physically harming you—is deeply troubling and completely unacceptable. It's important to acknowledge that no matter the circumstances, you do not deserve to be treated this way. The fear of societal judgment and concerns about reputation are common reasons people stay in harmful relationships, but your well-being and safety are far more important than maintaining appearances.

Meeting someone who offers emotional support when you’re in such a painful situation is understandable. It’s natural to seek comfort and a connection when you're feeling isolated and mistreated. However, the new man's recent behavior, where he started ignoring you after changing jobs, might feel like another layer of abandonment. This is especially tough because you opened up and shared your struggles with him, hoping for understanding and companionship.

In terms of what’s right and wrong, it's essential to focus on your needs and well-being. Staying in an abusive relationship is harmful to your physical and emotional health. You have the right to seek safety and happiness. The relationship with the new man might have provided temporary emotional relief, but it seems he's not able to be the supportive presence you hoped for, especially now when he’s pulling away.
Right now, focus on what you need to feel safe and supported. Consider reaching out to trusted friends, family, or professional services who can help you navigate this challenging time. You deserve a life free from fear and filled with respect and care. Prioritizing your own happiness and safety is the most important step forward.