Abhi Question by Abhi on Feb 22, 2024Hindi

Hello Guruji, Query regarding pension amount I joined a MNC private company in 1993 and resigned in2015 , I got a pension certificate which says I will get a pension of ?6500 pm. Post that I went abroad for 4 years and returned in 2019. I joined an Indian company for 1 year till 2020 with a salary of ?4L pm basic salary + other allowances. Post that I joined an MNC for 3.5 years , which ended last month at a basic salary of ?4.5 L pm. How much pension amount can I expect and from when ? I am 53+ years of age. Will it be both combined or how ? Please help regards Abhi

Ans: Maximizing Pension Benefits: A Comprehensive Guide
Navigating pension benefits can be complex, but with strategic planning, you can optimize your retirement income. Let's delve into your situation and explore the potential pension amount you can expect.

Evaluating Pension Eligibility
Assessing Service Duration

Determine your total service duration with your previous employer from 1993 to 2015, spanning over 22 years.
Confirm the pension eligibility criteria based on your service duration with the company.
Understanding Pension Certificate

Review the pension certificate indicating a monthly pension of Rs. 6,500, provided upon your resignation in 2015.
Understand the terms and conditions outlined in the certificate regarding eligibility and payment structure.
Considering Post-Retirement Employment
International Employment

Take into account your employment abroad for four years, from 2015 to 2019, which may impact your pension entitlements.
Assess whether your international employment affects your eligibility or pension calculation.
Subsequent Indian Employment

Factor in your employment with an Indian company from 2019 to 2020, followed by a tenure with an MNC until last month.
Consider how your post-retirement employment affects your pension entitlements and calculations.
Determining Pension Amount
Combining Pension Entitlements

Combine the pension entitlement from your previous employment with the pension from your subsequent Indian employment.
Evaluate if the combined pension amount aligns with the terms specified in your pension certificate.
Calculating Pension

Calculate the total pension amount considering both periods of employment and their respective pension entitlements.
Verify if the calculated pension aligns with the pension certificate's stipulations and your service duration.
Seeking Clarifications and Guidance
Seeking Clarifications

Reach out to the pension authorities or your previous employer to clarify any doubts regarding your pension entitlements.
Request detailed explanations regarding the calculation methodology and factors influencing your pension amount.
Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP)

Seek guidance from a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) specializing in retirement planning and pension benefits.
Receive expert advice on maximizing your pension entitlements and optimizing your retirement income.
Planning Ahead
Retirement Income Strategy

Develop a comprehensive retirement income strategy considering your pension entitlements, savings, and potential sources of income.
Ensure your retirement plan aligns with your financial goals, lifestyle preferences, and long-term objectives.
Regular Monitoring

Regularly monitor your pension account statements and retirement income sources to track your financial progress.
Stay informed about any updates or changes in pension regulations that may affect your retirement benefits.
By assessing your service duration, understanding your pension entitlements, and considering your post-retirement employment, you can determine the pension amount you can expect. Seeking clarifications, consulting with a CFP, and planning your retirement income strategy will empower you to make informed decisions and secure your financial future.

I worked in Private company 1991 till 2007 after I stop working in india, since 2007 after me working in Abroad how much should I expect my pension amount after my age 55 as my Basic salary and D.A.that last period is as Basic 8510 and D.A 6051 .Pls can I know how much could I receive pension. At present date my age 53 now. Thanks
Ans: Estimating Your Pension Amount from EPS
Understanding Your Financial Journey
First, it's commendable that you are planning for your retirement. Knowing the specifics of your employment history helps in estimating your pension accurately. You worked in a private company in India from 1991 to 2007 and have been working abroad since then. Your last drawn basic salary was Rs. 8,510 and Dearness Allowance (D.A.) was Rs. 6,051.

Basics of Employee Pension Scheme (EPS)
Eligibility:

Service Period: Minimum of 10 years of service is required to be eligible for the pension.
Age: Pension starts at the age of 58, but you can opt for early pension at 55 with a reduced amount.

Pensionable Salary:

It is the average salary of the last 60 months before exiting the EPS scheme.
For simplicity, let’s assume your last drawn basic + D.A. as the pensionable salary, which is Rs. 14,561 (8510 + 6051).
Pensionable Service:

Your service period is from 1991 to 2007, which is 16 years.
Early Pension Reduction
If you opt for early pension at 55, there is a reduction of 4% per year before 58. So, if you start at 55, it’s a reduction of 12% in total.

Calculating Your Pension
Without Reduction (at age 58):
Monthly Pension =(14561×16 / 70)=Rs. 3,327

With Early Pension Reduction (at age 55):
12% reduction for starting 3 years early:

Reduced Pension=3327×0.88=Rs. 2,928

Factors to Consider
Inflation: The calculated amount may seem small due to inflation over the years.

Additional Savings: Consider building a supplementary retirement corpus through other investment avenues.

Current Employment: Check if your current employment abroad provides any pension benefits or savings plans.

Recommendations for Financial Security
Mutual Funds:

Equity Mutual Funds: Invest in equity mutual funds for long-term growth to supplement your pension.
Debt Funds: These provide stability and reduce overall portfolio risk.
Systematic Investment Plan (SIP):

Discipline: Start a SIP to ensure disciplined investing.
Diversification: Allocate investments across different mutual fund categories for risk mitigation.
Reassess LIC Policy:

Surrender: Consider surrendering any traditional LIC policies and reinvesting in higher-return mutual funds.
Term Insurance: Opt for term insurance for adequate life cover at a lower premium.

Essential: Set aside 6-12 months’ worth of expenses in a liquid fund for emergencies.
Regular Review:

Monitor Investments: Periodically review and adjust your portfolio based on market conditions and personal circumstances.
Seek Professional Advice: Consult a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to optimise your investment strategy.
With your pensionable service and the pension formula, your estimated pension amount at age 55 is approximately Rs. 2,928 per month. This amount is relatively modest, so it’s crucial to supplement it with additional savings and investments. By investing in mutual funds through SIPs, maintaining an emergency fund, and considering term insurance, you can build a secure financial future.

Dear sir my son is srm ap in btech CSE 3 Rd year how to get placement
Ans: Some important steps to get placed in Campus Recruitment: (1) To keep his PROFESSIONAL Resume Ready now itself, covering all his achievements including Certifications (hope he would have done some both offline and online from NPTEL, Internshala, LinkedIn, Coursera etc. (2) He should still continue do online Certificate short-term courses, relevant to his domain (3) Should have a Professional LinkedIn Profile. If already has, fine-tune by updating it (4) Should get connected to Professionals in same domain. (Not to ask for jobs). If the Recruiters / Employers expectation meets your son's profile, they will be in touch with him (5) To put job alerts, related to his domain / certifications / skills to know the current market scenario / employers' expectations (6) To know the selection process and to start preparing for Campus Recruitment (Aptitude Test, Interview, & GD) (7) To make a thorough RESEARCH about the Companies visited the College last year and go through their websites to know about the Company Profile, Products / Services Provided, HR Policy etc. (8) To also start applying through LinkedIn by the end of his final year, if companies' JD matches with your son's profile. Hope this information is enough for your Son. All The BEST for your Son’s Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad) | SOP Writing Tips’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

Nayagam PP |
EduJob360 |
CERTIFIED Career Coach | Career Guru |
https://www.linkedin.com/in/edujob360/

Hi I am a 35-year-old woman and my husband is 45. we are made for each other couple. we love each other and we do not have any compatibility issues except in romance. he is not very romantic and even throughout my younger years I was also not very romantic and immersed myself in studies and career. He is not very active in sex also. A few years back I told him that I wanted to be romantic after marriage and now we are not, so I missed my college and early office days when I was in my prime and could have been romantically involved with guys. Since I look very young even at 35, he suggested that I still can move around with guys and get romantic and I need not miss anything even now. though initially declining the offer, I moved a little freely toward men, mostly colleagues, and a few social club members. I encouraged late-night messages, coffee meets, movies, etc. I update my husband on every single event that happens. ex, if I went to a movie with a colleague, I will message my hubby " We kissed", if that happened. he encourages me so much and is happy with whatever is happening, cutting a long story short. though I didn't think it would go so far, I am now romantically very active. soft romance-like messages I do with many. Dating I don't say no to my known circle like colleagues, ex-colleagues, college mates, etc and almost 2-3 times a week I end up dating someone in a coffee shop, pub, or a long drive. A few times I initiate a date too. and I must confess that I have regular intimacy with four young men, all from the same office where I work. I have never hidden anything from my hubby and give a complete account every day. I offered to stop everything any moment he said. but he told me till age is there enjoy life!. I am emotionally connected to my husband only and I do all my responsibilities as a woman. Our relationship has grown manifold. My only question is, am I exploiting my husband's innocence or does he have a cuckold fantasy? If I continue the way I continue with no harm to anyone, can I keep doing it ( I love to). or I should stop at once?

After reading your question I understood that your partner and you have, what we call, an open relationship. As long as both partners are okay with the dynamics of it, and no one is emotionally hurt, or resisting, it should be okay. It isn't exploitation if your husband himself encourages you. You are both consenting adults and not harming each other or anyone else. As for your question, if he has a cuckold fantasy, that is something you should discuss with your husband. An open discussion is better than speculation. Also, at any time if you suspect that your husband is growing concerned about the nature of your relationship, ask him directly. It can help avoid misunderstandings.

Hello sir mai 28 year ki hoo mai abhi llb kar rahi hoo mai last 7 year se relationship mai hoo vo mujse 25 year bade hai saruaat 1 to 2 year inhone muje bhot priorities di ab hum 3 to 4 month mai kabhi milte hai hum dono alag alag city mai hai unki bhot badi family hai or finincially bhi problem chal rahi hai last 3 yaer se vo.muje priority nai de rahe hum.roj bat karte hai vo mera khyal bhi rakhte hai lekin muje unse ab dur nai hona mene sadi na karne ka decisions Liya hai lekin kitni bar bhot akela feel karti hoo vo muje itna time nai dete phele jaisa nai hai aisa lagta hai.fir vo ku6 help kar de ya pyar se bat bhi kar le.to.lagta hai sab theek hai mai.bhot confused hoo mai.kya karu muje kya karna chahiye ..

Dating someone older than you is not the problem, but the fact that you are making major life decisions based on what he wants and doesn't want is concerning. I am guessing that you decided to not get married because he doesn't want it either. Is that fair to you? You yourself mentioned that you often feel lonely. Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you deserve someone who would love you and would like to spend the rest of their life with you? Please reconsider this relationship. Speak to your partner and ask him what his plans are for the future. Does he want to settle down with you? How will you two continue this relationship in the future? There are many important questions that need answering. Sort them out and you will have the solution to your dilemma.