Mayank Kumar  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on Aug 31, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Aug 11, 2023Hindi

Hi, I am 35 yrs old and currently working in an IT firm. I always had an interest in Weather forecasting, Meteorological branch of science. Are there any available institutes in India to pursue this education? Also please suggest career opportunities in the same. Thanks for your guidance.

Ans: It's great. Here are a few suggestions:

​Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM)​ that focuses on atmospheric and oceanic sciences​, and also offer various research programs and short-term courses related to meteorology.

​Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) provides training programs for meteorologists ​+​ offers the opportunity to work in weather forecasting and related areas.

​To begin with, consider pursuing a degree in meteorology, atmospheric sciences, or related fields. Look for universities or institutes that offer programs in these areas.​ Meteorology has various sub-disciplines, including climatology, atmospheric physics, remote sensing, and more. Depending on your interest, choose a speciali​sation.​ Do remember that meteorology is a dynamic filed and will require constant learning to refresh skills and tools understanding.

Gain practical experience by participating in internships or research projects related to meteorology​y to enhance your hands-on skills, and connect with peers through webinars or conferences.

​You may do a thorough research to understand the job landscape. A few career prospects include Weather Forecaster​, Climate Researcher​. Research Scientist​, Air Quality Specialist​, Disaster Management​ (to predict and manag​e natural disasters like cyclones, floods, and droughts​), Agricultural Meteorologist​, Aviation Meteorologist​, or Media Meteorologist​. The Indian Meteorological Department and other government agencies often hire meteorologists for weather forecasting and related positions​, while some private companies require weather experts for specific projects or to analy​se data for industries such as agriculture, energy, transportation, and more.

Seep

Seep Pahuja  | Answer  |Ask -

NEET-UG Expert - Answered on Mar 03, 2023

My son wants to pursue Astronomy/Environmental Science. Kindly suggest good institutes within India or Global universities
Ans: A. The options for Astronomy which is a sub-field of Physics are also dependent on the branch your son would like to pursue. Astronomy is further divided into several branches such as Astrophysics, Astrometeorology, Astrobiology, Astrogeology, Astrometry, Cosmology etc.
Amongst the many Indian universities that offer a course in Astronomy in India, here are some of the best options to choose from for a degree in the subject:

1. Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital
2. Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore
3. Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
4. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
5. Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune
6. Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad

Additionally, here are a few of the top global universities candidates can look at:
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
Harvard University, USA
Standford University, USA
University of Cambridge, UK

I also feel Environmental Biology offers more career-related opportunities currently as it is an extensive and widely accepted field that offers a vast scope of jobs in the Government and private sectors. Some universities that offer a degree in Environmental Biology are Delhi University, Punjab University, and Banaras Hindu University. I would suggest that your son attempts the CUET- UG to get admission to any of the Central universities I’ve mentioned.

I believe both are good options for degrees and will depend on the choice your son would like to opt for basis his interest.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jul 05, 2024

Hello Sir, What are options of higher education abroad for B.Sc. Statistics done in India ? Thank you

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am happy to know that you have completed your B.Sc. in Statistics and now wish to pursue higher education overseas. To answer your question first, I would like to let you know that obtaining a B.Sc. in Statistics from India results in a number of possibilities for studying overseas. I would suggest that you take into account the following:

Master’s programs in Applied Statistics, Data Science, Statistics, or associated fields are offered by a number of universities in countries viz., the UK, the USA, Australia, Canada, and Europe. M.Sc. Applied Statistics, M.Sc. Data Science, M.Sc. Statistics, M.Sc. Mathematics with a focus on Statistics, and M.Sc. Quantitative Methods are a few examples. Next, given the rise of data-driven decision-making, Data Science, Machine Learning, or Business Analytics programs have grown in popularity. These frequently have requirements that correspond well with a B.Sc. in Statistics. Coming to Financial Mathematics, if finance and risk management is what interests you, Computational Finance or Financial Mathematics programs might be appropriate. If you have an interest in insurance, pensions, or risk assessment, programs in Actuarial Science are an excellent fit. Coming to Economics and Econometrics, programs that concentrate on the statistical analysis of economic data are offered by several universities. Lastly, the field of operations research entails the use of advanced analytical approaches to assist in making better decisions.

When deciding where to apply, I would suggest that you check the particular admission prerequisites for each program, examine the university’s standing and the experience of the faculty members in the field you are interested in, take into account the location and cultural compatibility, as well as investigate scholarship and financing possibilities. In addition to the above, I would also recommend that you get in touch with alumni or students who are presently studying the programs you are considering in order to acquire firsthand knowledge about the experience and prospects offered.

For more information, you can visit our website: www.edwiseinternational.com

You can also follow us on our Instagram page: edwiseint