Home > User

Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help


Sanjeev Govila458 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Jun 15, 2023

Asked on - Jun 06, 2023Hindi

Sir My name is santanu. my age is 49 years old. l have private job.I want to invest Rs. 5000 P/M up to my 60 years age. please suggest which is best and secure plan for my money, because my job is private and this money is future wealth and health for me. I am so worried because my job is no so long.
Ans: Dear Santanu,

Looking at your age and investment horizon, before investing you have to understand the risk and the reward associated with the investment avenue. If your risk appetite is low and you are looking for complete safety over the period, you can opt for any debt fund which invests in government securities or high rated bonds such as AAA or you can invest in any top-rated dynamic bond fund.

However, if you are willing to take moderate risk for your investments you can also opt for any Hybrid fund category such as Balanced Advantage or Aggressive Hybrid funds - with increasing risk, the probability of getting higher returns increases.

If you are willing to take risk, I suggest you to start your monthly SIPs into any Index funds or flexi cap fund where you will get decent returns on your investments. As index funds works on the strategy that replicate the returns of the benchmark, investing in this fund is always a suggestable call. Flexi cap is the category where you get the exposure of all the three categories of equity market and get diversification within your investments.

Hence, I suggest you to evaluate your risk and do complete research before initiating the investments.

• I have just no idea about your age, future financial goals, your risk profile, other investments and whether you would have the nerves to not get unduly perturbed if stock markets go temporarily down.
• Hence, please note that I am answering your question in absolute isolation to other parameters which should definitely be considered when answering a question of this type.
• I recommend you to also consult a good financial advisor who would look at your complete profile in totality before you act on this advice given by me.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds